What new tech do you want in the bag?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
What new tech or design premise out there do you want in the bag? Which one do you think could really positively impact your game? Why?

Give me all your AI's. The more we leverage the benefit of computational power and iterative design, the better.

Give me all your AI's. The more we leverage the benefit of computational power and iterative design, the better.
This! AI irons. I’m confident I could see some big gains over the Adam’s A7’s I’m currently using.

Give me all the putter shaft technology (especially that one you previewed this week). For a club that's in my hand for a little under half my strokes of a round, give me all the consistency and eliminate all the variables you can.

VI Blue technology please! :)

Give me shot tracking that doesn't alter the cap on my clubs. Smaller is everything.
I agree here 100%. I'd also love a retail launch monitor that measures spin and doesn't cost a kidney.

How about "new to me"? I'd really like a set of modern hollow body irons, not exactly "new tech", but the latest hollow bodies are pretty cool.

Not new, but new to me - I'd love to get a proper fitting and then buy clubs optimized for my swing.

Give me shot tracking that doesn't alter the cap on my clubs. Smaller is everything.

I don't like the idea of having to have my phone in my pocket while playing.

I think AI is a no brainer. As adoption increases, I think we're going to see some neat results. The forgiveness that's already being packed into smaller packages is pretty amazing.

I do it on my GPS watch but it's still a PITA to select which club you hit after every shot.

I agree here 100%. I'd also love a retail launch monitor that measures spin and doesn't cost a kidney.

With you on the launch monitor. I enjoyed the SC200 but am definitely looking for something with more data.

I do it on my GPS watch but it's still a PITA to select which club you hit after every shot.
I don't like the idea of having to have my phone in my pocket while playing.
There are numerous ways to accomplish this without a phone in your pocket now, I believe.

Arcoss CaddieLink.
Shotscope V3 watch.

AI just makes sense when it comes to advancements in tech across the board. Just put in the limits that it can't go past and let it do it's million's of computations.

I'm open to this in golf, no matter the OEM....as long as it looks good, too. Callaway's set the bar high, but AI isn't only available to them.

There are numerous ways to accomplish this without a phone in your pocket now, I believe.

Arcoss CaddieLink.
Shotscope V3 watch.

Thanks for the info. I just remember discussing it with the Hackers guys last year as to the phone in pocket

Thanks for the info. I just remember discussing it with the Hackers guys last year as to the phone in pocket
Yeah, CaddieLink is very new. It basically allows you to wear on your belt (light, you wouldn't notice) and does the same thing.

It's kind of incredible.

Def Squares golf shoes.

Apparently drop the cap by like 2+strokes. ;)

It’s not new and I’m not sure it qualifies as tech but I really want to give one length a try. Unfortunately I have to buy blind because nowhere within two hours has any kind of demo set up for them

I think caddielink would be the first on my list. I don't recall ever actually having an issue with my phone in my pocket, but it still weighs on my mind.

I was going to go with a simple answer and say a range finder with slope, but I'm switching to your answer. While I love Arccos, I'd enjoy it even more if the sensors weren't protruding as much. And no thanks to the sensors built into the grips. I'm not cutting down all my shafts.

I am going to binge new technology this year thanks to the Morgan Cup. One Length, Arccos, Arm Lock, and graphite iron shafts.

I’d really like my kid to just go ahead play for me anymore.

He’s getting not fun to compete with.

swing auto-correct?

I am going to binge new technology this year thanks to the Morgan Cup. One Length, Arccos, Arm Lock, and graphite iron shafts.

Hey how is it still showing you as a 2020 Albatross Club member still?

I want everyone to know I was a cool kid back in 2020 too!

Back