The Official 2020 - 2021 NHL and Everything Hockey Thread

Yeah, that’s one thing I really like about this particular retro. The original crown is my least favorite of all their logos.
Probably was cool back in the day, but didn’t age particularly well. I like them for the fact it reminds me of going to games at the Forum as a kid in the ‘70’s when they were horrible and wanting to see the bench clearing brawls. 😂

I know tons of Kings fans prefer the forum blue and gold, but I’ve always been a black and silver guy. The Gretzky era chevron is still my favorite.
Hell yeah, that was one of the best jerseys.

CBJ reverse retro, meanwhile.... oof

Caps blow a 3 - 0 lead last night vs the Bruins. Lose 4 -3 :banghead: Caps don't know how to finish a game yet. They don't play 3 periods the same ... one strong & on the puck, but the other 2 sitting back & puck watching. So aggravating :mad:

Probably was cool back in the day, but didn’t age particularly well. I like them for the fact it reminds me of going to games at the Forum as a kid in the ‘70’s when they were horrible and wanting to see the bench clearing brawls. 😂

I only saw a few in the forum towards the end. Didn’t move to LA until the mid-90s. I saw most of my games at Staples including SCF games 6 in 2012 and 5 in 2014. Two days I’ll never forget.

It’s funny that you mention bench clearing brawls though. That was what got me into watching hockey. I went to a Milwaukee Admirals game as a kid in the 80’s, and saw two bench clearing brawls. A few years later in 1990 I was living in central CA, flipping through channels to find something to watch when I landed on a Kings game on Prime Ticket. I remembered those bench clearing brawls, and ended up watching almost every game that season. I’ve been a fan ever since.

I only saw a few in the forum towards the end. Didn’t move to LA until the mid-90s. I saw most of my games at Staples including SCF games 6 in 2012 and 5 in 2014. Two days I’ll never forget.

It’s funny that you mention bench clearing brawls though. That was what got me into watching hockey. I went to a Milwaukee Admirals game as a kid in the 80’s, and saw two bench clearing brawls. A few years later in 1990 I was living in central CA, flipping through channels to find something to watch when I landed on a Kings game on Prime Ticket. I remembered those bench clearing brawls, and ended up watching almost every game that season. I’ve been a fan ever since.
I was at game 6 in 2012 too. There was this older gentleman sitting next to me that day, and at the end of the game he was crying and I asked him if he was ok, and he said he had waited all his life for this moment. I just put my arm around him and gave him a hug. That just made that game even more special.

I was at game 6 in 2012 too. There was this older gentleman sitting next to me that day, and at the end of the game he was crying and I asked him if he was ok, and he said he had waited all his life for this moment. I just put my arm around him and gave him a hug. That just made that game even more special.

I had friends that were crying that day too, but my eyes stayed dry. I was too psyched that we’d finally won the cup. My tears came later. I still get choked up when I watch stuff about 2012 now.

I remember 2014, while still an amazing day, being less emotional. That first cup, after so long, was just another level.

Caps blow a 3 - 0 lead last night vs the Bruins. Lose 4 -3 :banghead: Caps don't know how to finish a game yet. They don't play 3 periods the same ... one strong & on the puck, but the other 2 sitting back & puck watching. So aggravating :mad:

Not that it matters but the final was 5-3. Marchand scored an empty net goal for the Bruins.

Not that it matters but the final was 5-3. Marchand scored an empty net goal for the Bruins.
yeah I turned it off & didn't see the empty net goal ;)

5 players out and now Sabres coach Ralph Kruger has tested positive.
I hope this doesn’t impact the team too much. Really rooting for Dylan Cozens this year!!

Leafs win!! Great team game over the Canucks! And Spezza looking like he’s 26 again with the hat trick!!

@KingsKraken . Kings 💩the bed bad the last two games, not looking forward to a wasted afternoon tomorrow 😡

I was willing to give them a pass the first few games of the season, since they hadn’t played in so long, but it looks like we’ll be bottom dwellers again. Tons of talent that’s just not quite NHL ready yet.

Toronto looking pretty good tonight!

Leafs win! Looking pretty good against Vancouver and improve to 9-2-1 on the season. Auston Matthews takes the NHL goal scoring lead at 10.

Vancouver is a disgrace.
Expecting change from the top down soon.

Back