2020 Toulon Putter Thread

Side note for you guys in here. I've always liked the look of the Indy, if any of you have one and want to get rid of it, DM me please?

Also, I'm only 5'7" so if you have a 33" or 34" that'd work best, but that's just me being a little picky. lol

FYI: big ol lot of Chicago's hit CPO today. Deals aren't that great unless your looking for a 35" which unfortunately I'm not. Funny how they price the 34" and 35" so different but I'm sure much larger inventory or 35". Same for the ATL I've been looking at.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

I’ve had my eyes on a first gen Madison with the slant neck now for a while now and thought I knew what my next purchase was going to be until I came here. All this Chicago talk has piqued my interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had my eyes on a first gen Madison with the slant neck now for a while now and thought I knew what my next purchase was going to be until I came here. All this Chicago talk has piqued my interest.

It's a real gem!

It's a real gem!

I’m ready to take the stroke lab shaft out of my Austin, which I guess means I should look for the steel version of the Chicago.

What is the general consensus here on stroke lab shafts?

I find myself very curious about what my Austin would feel like with a regular old steel shaft in it.....or maybe a KBS One Step or CT Tour.

My Austin feels like I have to make dead center contact for it to feel good, and I get the feeling this is partially due to the shaft, if not entirely.

My Austin feels like I have to make dead center contact for it to feel good, and I get the feeling this is partially due to the shaft, if not entirely.
I freaking love the SL shaft so my answer may not agree with you. I have a Chicago and a Seattle with an SL shaft. I will be getting a White Hot OG 1WS with the new SL shaft so it's safe to say I'm a fan.

Regarding what I quoted though, I previously had a San Diego and an Austin, both with SL and I felt the same way as you did, but I didn't attribute it to the shaft. I just felt they were relatively demanding blades. I seem to let the face wander and use almost all of it at times. I've never once felt the the Chicago was punishing or bad feeling, regardless of where I hit it. The feeling to me was night and day between the Austin and the Chicago and both have had a SL.

Maybe if Sean is hanging around he will see this snub nosed Vegas!

1611721661124.png

I have a Vegas, double bend stroke lab inbound for testing. This should be fun. :)

Debating on a Toulon Chicago, or a SL Black 7 S. Bith have good deals on Callaway CPO, and I'd be about even after trade ins in the SL, or owe $40 for the Toulon. Would be fun to roll these before the season, and the cost is minimal.

Debating on a Toulon Chicago, or a SL Black 7 S. Bith have good deals on Callaway CPO, and I'd be about even after trade ins in the SL, or owe $40 for the Toulon. Would be fun to roll these before the season, and the cost is minimal.

I vote Chicago. Both are great so just a matter of what meets your eye.

I had a feeling this would be a comment! I can only justify one right now, and I know both are different, but both are intriguing to me. Might be a flip of a coin :ROFLMAO:

I had a feeling this would be a comment! I can only justify one right now, and I know both are different, but both are intriguing to me. Might be a flip of a coin :ROFLMAO:
I'm rolling a Toulon Las Vegas right now that is on loan to me and it's a great putter. I need more time with it to get some better feels for it but it puts a great roll on the ball.

I'm rolling a Toulon Las Vegas right now that is on loan to me and it's a great putter. I need more time with it to get some better feels for it but it puts a great roll on the ball.
I saw that you had a Las Vegas. Cant wait to hear more in the future.

I saw that you had a Las Vegas. Cant wait to hear more in the future.
Right now just putting on the mat, but it is good there. I know getting my favored grip on it should improve it for me.

You know the right answer here....you came to the Toulon Thread. Chicago is the way :D

You were going to break my heart if you had a chance to grab one for $40 and didn't take it :LOL:
It was way too good to pass up. Been wanting to give a wide blade a go for a while, so I'm really looking forward to this testing.

It was way too good to pass up. Been wanting to give a wide blade a go for a while, so I'm really looking forward to this testing.
Well you're going to love it! Can't wait to hear about how it works for you, even if it's just off a mat lol

Well you're going to love it! Can't wait to hear about how it works for you, even if it's just off a mat lol
Just off a mat for a while longer, but that's better than just looking at a new driver during winter :ROFLMAO:

Chicago officially on the way

I’m glad you took a few minutes to think about it.
congrats!!! Really think you will love this putter

Back