ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
In November, Srixon officially lifted the veil off their new ZX5 and ZX7 irons, and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. ZX5 hits the mark as a player’s distance iron, while ZX7 offers a compact shape that undoubtedly focuses on the stronger iron player. Those target demographics should come as no surprise for anyone familiar with their lineup in the past. However, it’s been since the Z 355(2015) irons that Srixon manufactured a set that offered more forgiveness for the golfer who needs it. That void ends today as Srixon introduces the world to the ZX4 irons

zx41.jpg

ZX4 joins in on the hollow body revolution while incorporating some of the technologies we have...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great write-up and very thorough overview of the lineup. This addition to the Srixon lineup cannot help but expand their offerings to more golfers particularly to higher handicappers who hopefully will gravitate to the future 5 & 7 series. This addition with the Srixon reputation is a win-win for the company and the golfer. Solid shaft premium shaft options. Srixon hitting home runs this year.

Good comprehensive overview. One thing that stood out to me, 25.5 degree 6 iron :oops:

Nice write up @ddec, are there any side by side top line photos of the new releases.

The long irons are going to be Rocket 🚀 launchers.

Good comprehensive overview. One thing that stood out to me, 25.5 degree 6 iron :oops:

Their initial launch is quite high still even at that loft.
I believe as people test them out, it will make more sense.

We will discuss that during the THP Live today.

I a considering a 6 iron for my 5 iron spot. I want it to be 25*. I could weaken a 5i 2* to fit as well. Not sure...

Great write up @ddec . Interesting evolution, and am curious if the consumer will think they got the sound and feel right for a Srixon. I cant wair to hear more about this one later today!

Great write up @ddec . Interesting evolution, and am curious if the consumer will think they got the sound and feel right for a Srixon. I cant wair to hear more about this one later today!

I know @Jman @JDax and a few others have tested these out and can offer feedback on the sound. After the Cleveland UHX, which is one of the better sounding hollow body long irons, I can safely say that to me, they nailed the sound.

Thanks for the early reads. I'm looking forward to some THP live featuring these and getting a good look at srixons line for the year.

Absolutely got the sound right. And, they’re silly long. I mean silly long.

Sure, it’s not a tiny tiny profile, but they look tremendous, feel fantastic, launch easy, and go forever.

It’s pretty mind bending how easy they launch though, the lofts are strong yes, but the ball gets up so much easier than the loft.

Re comments on 6i and 25.5 loft....
One of the things I like about my srixon irons is the stronger lofts in 5/6 irons and the need for one less club from 23 - 58 degrees.

As far as bending to 25, my thought is to bend the 6i the 0.5 stronger versus bending the 5i. The least amount of bending will have the least impact on bounce.

I know @Jman @JDax and a few others have tested these out and can offer feedback on the sound. After the Cleveland UHX, which is one of the better sounding hollow body long irons, I can safely say that to me, they nailed the sound.
Absolutely got the sound right. And, they’re silly long. I mean silly long.

Sure, it’s not a tiny tiny profile, but they look tremendous, feel fantastic, launch easy, and go forever.
Thanks for the responses guys! I was wondering if some of the lessons they learned from the UHX carried over into this design. Glad they got the sound right on this one.

Hey @Jman I know you love the new ZX utility, but would you put a new ZX4 4i or the Utility in your bag as a driving iron off the tee for tight par 4's?

Thanks for the responses guys! I was wondering if some of the lessons they learned from the UHX carried over into this design. Glad they got the sound right on this one.

Hey @Jman I know you love the new ZX utility, but would you put a new ZX4 4i or the Utility in your bag as a driving iron off the tee for tight par 4's?
Sadly I forgot to hit the long iron. I do think these will take some of the spotlight from the ZX’s though, they’re super hot.

Remember on the THP Showcase with Srixon when they were asked, “Why does the new ZU only go to 4 iron, when the U85 was offered all the way to 6 iron?”

They said they couldn’t really discuss it right now, the ZX4 is the answer, they didn’t need to because it’s a whole set of UT irons.

They are probably the most fun to hit out of all of the irons in the tech studio.

I have a UHX with a recoil that I won courtesy of UST and Cleveland on Instagram, and while the sound is high pitched it does still feel really solid. Glad to hear these also sound good.

The UHX was a super under-the-radar good iron, and I wonder if them doing something in the Srixon brand will get more people interested.

Great write up @ddec ! I'm looking forward to comparing these to other Hollow Bold irons out there.
Shafts they put in are top notch!

Great write up @ddec! Really rounds out (no pun intended) the ZX lineup! Forged face, hollow body, v-sole.... ✔️✔️✔️!

Very clean design, especially for the category. Srixon nailed the entire ZX iron lineup.

Disappointing to say the least, it even has the stock shaft I had been asking about and questioning for a few months now. I have never complained about a release before but this one burns.

Look pretty good for what they are.

Curious how tidy they look at address.

Srixon event this year is going to be 🔥

Well done Dean. The entire lineup looks fantastic

It is me or does the style on the back cavity look a little on the cheap side? Maybe it's just the camera angle in the home page article. Anyone got a pic of these in hand? Would like another look. Given the ZX5 and 7 are on the too thin looking side for me, the ZX4 has piqued my interest.

I played the 355 line for a short while and these look much better. I can see some who will like the 4&5 irons in these for the forgiveness.

Back