nice writeup @ddec ... these sound like rocket launchers ... jacked lofts are @Canadan 's favorite thing, no? ;)

Absolutely got the sound right. And, they’re silly long. I mean silly long.

Sure, it’s not a tiny tiny profile, but they look tremendous, feel fantastic, launch easy, and go forever.
How would you compare the ZX4 profile wise to the Cobra Forged Tec? Would you say they are similar in shape, topline and offset? Thanks!!!

How would you compare the ZX4 profile wise to the Cobra Forged Tec? Would you say they are similar in shape, topline and offset? Thanks!!!
Definitely different. Article above has a lot of info on where these sit in the line.

2BB5627E-6D35-4CA5-BBA2-BE3C6A8B7CEE.jpeg

Going live now.

That was an awesome live chat - thanks @JB for breaking it down for us!

@Jman @JB
Thank you both, you answered a bunch of my questions. I said I wouldn't do this but I'm gonna challenge them against my new irons....

Thank you for the podcast. I would expect higher launch and lower spin with the ZX4 and a bit lower launch and higher spin with the ZX5. Curious how the carry and total distance compares for these two with say a 7 iron and a PW.

Thank you for the podcast. I would expect higher launch and lower spin with the ZX4 and a bit lower launch and higher spin with the ZX5. Curious how the carry and total distance compares for these two with say a 7 iron and a PW.
Spin will be closer than you think as the 5’s are lowish themselves. As for distance, I saw half a club there.

Spin will be closer than you think as the 5’s are lowish themselves. As for distance, I saw half a club there.
Half a club could be 5-10 yards for me and lets face it, 5-10 yards is 5-10 yards when selecting which iron to hit and who doesn't like more yards?! If your not sacrificing in other areas? Do you have any ideas what you'd be sacrificing compared to the zx5 or 7? I'm not talking shot shaping, just what would you lose I suppose?

Half a club could be 5-10 yards for me and lets face it, 5-10 yards is 5-10 yards when selecting which iron to hit and who doesn't like more yards?! If your not sacrificing in other areas? Do you have any ideas what you'd be sacrificing compared to the zx5 or 7? I'm not talking shot shaping, just what would you lose I suppose?
Personally? Not much, but gaining forgiveness and speed. It’s all about comfort with the looks. They won’t be for everyone, nothing is, but they’ll shock a lot of people who give them a chance and don’t get over focused on the lofts.

Am I crazy or does the view from the back of the iron, which is what you see from your bag, is that this is the best looking of the 3 ZX releases?

I need to see these and hit them. I want the forgiveness. I just hope these don't have too much offset for me. Once I can get my hands on these I might be all over these or the ZX5s or a combo.

Solid writeup Dean. The drill out plug they made for tungsten looks higher and further back than some other companies. Is that just their own thing or is there something to why it’s high and back instead of low and back?

Am I crazy or does the view from the back of the iron, which is what you see from your bag, is that this is the best looking of the 3 ZX releases?

I need to see these and hit them. I want the forgiveness. I just hope these don't have too much offset for me. Once I can get my hands on these I might be all over these or the ZX5s or a combo.
They fit right in with the rest imo, and they’re definitely good looking, totally agree with you there

Nice write up @ddec, thanks!

Totally missed this yesterday @ddec, great write up. Looking forward to seeing feedback on these. Interesting options here for mixed sets now with Srixon.

I keep thinking about this iron and trying to recall feel wise how they compared to the new RAD Speed. I’m struggling to remember which one I liked better but I can see many using these as a full set or part of a combo they look fantastic and plenty long enough.

wasn't able to tune into the live stream but am curious to know what's the bigger impact on performance here...the hollow body construction? or the lofts? i mean, if we're going by lofts alone, i should be hitting a 28.5* 7i further than a 31* 7i, right? i never considered this before...the growing pains of being a golf simpleton... @JB

Dang, Srixon is just killing it with these releases. This is on the must hit list for this spring! Love both these and the 5's. This one tho....

I keep thinking about this iron and trying to recall feel wise how they compared to the new RAD Speed. I’m struggling to remember which one I liked better but I can see many using these as a full set or part of a combo they look fantastic and plenty long enough.
They’re more “full” or “plush” feeling than the Rad’s who are on the firm side still.

wasn't able to tune into the live stream but am curious to know what's the bigger impact on performance here...the hollow body construction? or the lofts? i mean, if we're going by lofts alone, i should be hitting a 28.5* 7i further than a 31* 7i, right? i never considered this before...the growing pains of being a golf simpleton... @JB
The hollow body construction and its subsequent CG placement necessitates the lofts to hit the launch windows. No stronger lofts, you get ballooning. It’s a hand in hand thing.

A hollow body forged offering is solid for Srixon. I like how they packed a lot of tech and distance into a very clean look and not going away from what the ZX5 & ZX7 present at address.

You can still catch the video on IGTV in Instagram under @THPGolf

Loft is one dynamic of distance. To better illustrate, you could view it like this. If I hand you a 10 degree driver and a 9 degree driver, you wouldn't automatically assume you would hit the 9 degree further, right? Spin, Launch, Speed, etc will all come into play that make up carry distance. The same is the case with irons.

The hollow body construction and its subsequent CG placement necessitates the lofts to hit the launch windows. No stronger lofts, you get ballooning. It’s a hand in hand thing.

You can still catch the video on IGTV in Instagram under @THPGolf

Loft is one dynamic of distance. To better illustrate, you could view it like this. If I hand you a 10 degree driver and a 9 degree driver, you wouldn't automatically assume you would hit the 9 degree further, right? Spin, Launch, Speed, etc will all come into play that make up carry distance. The same is the case with irons.

thank you, gents.

Watching the Instagram video now. Love the fact that the sound of each carries over from ZX4 to the ZX5 and ZX7. Thinking that, if I were to get into Srixon again, I'd go ZX5, I think now I have to think about a ZX4 in the 4i and 5i, then ZX5 thru to PW. Having the Mainframe tech is both those irons giving you high ball speed sounds great, as long as I can retain the accuracy I saw with my old 565/765 set.

The only thing I don't care for is the look of the ZX4. The 5 and 7 look nearly identical on the face, and it's a look I really enjoy, but the 4 really sticks out. Maybe not a big deal, but something I noticed.

Also, V sole FTW! Give me such clean contact through a variety of lies. Should never be underestimated.

Back