Cheyenne had a brief episode where she wouldn’t walk on the vinyl kitchen tiles. 😨 Mentally steeling myself to replace the floors 😆

The new thing in my house is alpha cat meowing at the puppies and then sprinting away like a madman and the dogs chasing him. It’s the strangest thing.

View attachment 8976743View attachment 8976744
View attachment 8976745

We go the Senior adoption route. Started with Riley (black lab/hound mix) 6 years ago she's going on 13. Mr Gus was next (Red Fox Lab). Gave him the best 2 years of his life, passed at 14. Our newest is Lilly (Chocolate). 9 y.o. and blind, dumped at a shelter, couldn't say no to her.

That’s fantastic!! The shelter must really appreciate you doing this!! My wife and I discussed doing the same sometime in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well we had to say goodbye to Kai this week, my best friend, and just about the most amazing dog ever. We rescued him about 4 1/2 years ago, when he was 5 years old, and our bond was immediate, and the strongest I've ever had with a dog, and I've had dogs all my life. He got really sick about a year and a half ago, thought we were going to lose him then, but the Vet finally diagnosed his intestinal problems, no cure, but medication got him through mostly good times until the last few weeks. The toll his condition, and the drugs, finally took on him was more than he could fight off. I've been a wreck all week, and keep looking for him to come bump me with his nose wanting to play.

Kai Sunset_s.jpg

Well we had to say goodbye to Kai this week, my best friend, and just about the most amazing dog ever. We rescued him about 4 1/2 years ago, when he was 5 years old, and our bond was immediate, and the strongest I've ever had with a dog, and I've had dogs all my life. He got really sick about a year and a half ago, thought we were going to lose him then, but the Vet finally diagnosed his intestinal problems, no cure, but medication got him through mostly good times until the last few weeks. The toll his condition, and the drugs, finally took on him was more than he could fight off. I've been a wreck all week, and keep looking for him to come bump me with his nose wanting to play.

View attachment 8990978
So very sorry to hear this. He is beautiful.

View attachment 8990978
Sorry to hear this, always a terrible feeling when you lose your best friend. Was a great looking companion.

View attachment 8990978
So sorry to hear about your best friend. He was a beautiful pup! Sounds like you have many amazing memories with him.

Lazy Friday night after the fire was on. Reggie had trouble finding room on the bed.
60464859-A082-4D8F-B4BB-BA92F1520197.jpegB415F492-B39A-4521-9FB9-A387624FE0B3.jpeg

View attachment 8990978
So sorry for your loss. A beautiful pup.

View attachment 8990978

Rest in peace Kai.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Now I really have to share the only bright spot this week.

I know a lot of you that follow this thread probably do some online business for pet related stuff with Chewy, in my opinion one of the best online retailers out there. If there was any doubt about that, they went so above and beyond this week for us that it was absolutely unbelievable.
We had recently purchased a good bit of product from them, some prescription meds, prescription dog food, doggie treats, and pill pockets. Okay, now we have a pretty substantial investment in unopened, specialty pet products that we will never use, so my wife calls Chewy to see if we can return any of this stuff, explaining that our dog has passed away. So what is their response?. They say no, don't return the stuff, instead, they ask us to just donate it all to our local animal shelter, rescue organization, or Vet, they credit our account for the full value, almost $300, and then to top it all off, they sent flowers to the house!

WHAT AN INCREDIBLE BIT OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!

Last edited:
Lulu loves to lay next to the fire on cold days.

EAD58DAF-B831-4EBE-9A21-403360E07A7D.jpeg

Wally tried keeping up with a 100 pound Weimaraner all weekend.

I think he was tired.

7CD6BC6E-7506-4EAC-8D02-41DB1AB67971.jpeg

Lulu loves to lay next to the fire
Lulu loves to lay next to the fire on cold days.

View attachment 8991211
What a great picture. Love that English Bulldog Happy Face. Glad to see Lulu is doing well after her eye surgery. Something about fireplaces our girl is right by the fireplace sleeping and snoring as i type this. We had a turkey for dinner which she loves. Of course she had some and is sleeping it off.

My siberian husky loves the snow.. She would live out there if she could.

This dude is ridiculous and living the life.
B4277E41-61A7-4E31-93D1-A3E29075CFA4.jpeg

I loved our last Golden Layla but this guy is pretty darn special. I'm really hopeful that he can become a therapy dog for my wife's business like we planned.

E9B3C089-FE33-4B99-9724-52E744420EE8.jpeg

This is how I sleep almost every night... the cats are in/on my legs :facepalm:
1612500945527.jpeg

View attachment 8990978

I tear up every time I read a post like this. What a lucky pup that you came along. Hang in there and get a new pup as soon as you can. Kai won't be replaced but the moment you get your new pup, thoughts of Kai will go immediatly from sadness to fondly recalling him.

I was wondering what that noise was...
B9FED8CE-E94F-47B9-B63C-2F1D923674A3.jpeg

Super Bowl hangover. Including these two, we had four puppies here last night, one of whom is a 7ish month / 100lb Great Dane.
42F8DDDF-D03D-49A4-95F4-EE02666F5D51.jpeg

Looking at the rescue sites for our next dog, really wanting another German Shepherd, and not finding many dogs available to us. Several of the German Shepherd Rescue outfits in NorCal either have shut down during the pandemic, or scaled back considerably and have few dogs. Some of the bigger outfits in the bay area have dogs that need homes, but seem to think our fenced 2-acres in the Sierra foothills isn't a suitable environment for a German Shepherd. Looks like they think you have to be in the suburbs, with a postage stamp yard, a BMW in the driveway, and a dog park a couple of blocks away to be acceptable. :banghead:

Our most local rescue does have one great looking dog we got to meet yesterday, he is an absolute sweetheart, calm and really well behaved, but he does have some history. We like to think, as do the rescue folks, that his issues were the result of owners that shouldn't of had dogs, and he deserves a second chance. Another family has shown interest in him too, and before we did, so there is a good chance we won't get him, but we have our fingers crossed.

Here's a picture, 3 year old male, not real big, but a beautiful boy that needs a home.

Hero.jpg

Remus emerges victorious after the infamous box war of 2/11/21.
B581C613-CCE7-4909-A66C-D7E819820F08.jpeg

Back