1- duh
2- I offered a trail free that would more than likely help them come close to breaking even while opening the door to sales in the proshop for carts, as well as the most basic and/or obvious part of ACTUALLY ACCOMMODATING THEIR MEMBERS.

In normal years, you can't wait before 2pm on weekends. That will likely go back after the rona crazy finishes, but I think they are obligated right now to make it optional by the state. They are making plenty of money off their golfers.
Interesting. Our courses charge a "walking /trail fee" but they couldnt care less whos push cart you use as they dont provide an offering for one. I dont even know what our daily 18hole cart fee is as i prepay a flat fee of $850 in advance for the entire year of unlimited cart useage. Im guessing its right around $20-22. Im saving a ton when i play 50-60-70+ rds a year. The nice thing is that it applies to all three of our clubs.

I think a "trail fee" is fine as long as its super cheap. But a trail fee on top of push cart rental AND you cant bring your own is way bogus.

I don’t think I have ever been to a private club that doesn’t charge for carts. Most offer a trail fee to make it easier.
Yea same here. Now, what they charge is wildly all over the map lol.

Interesting. Our courses charge a "walking /trail fee" but they couldnt care less whos push cart you use as they dont provide an offering for one. I dont even know what our daily 18hole cart fee is as i prepay a flat fee of $850 in advance for the entire year of unlimited cart useage. Im guessing its right around $20-22. Im saving a ton when i play 50-60-70+ rds a year. The nice thing is that it applies to all three of our clubs.

I think a "trail fee" is fine as long as its super cheap. But a trail fee on top of push cart rental AND you cant bring your own is way bogus.
The trail fee I proposed would be basically the price of 20 rounds walking.
In the obscenely booked sheet of 2020 I played 57 times and maybe walked 20, MAYBE.

I've got a list easily 20 long of guys ready to pay a trail fee who normally carry. I was in it to help the course and my back - but to hell if I am going to use one of theirs.

In the obscenely booked sheet of 2020 I played 57 times and maybe walked 20, MAYBE.

I've got a list easily 20 long of guys ready to pay a trail fee who normally carry. I was in it to help the course and my back - but to hell if I am going to use one of theirs.
That whole situation is just so puzzling to me. I can’t imagine what they’re thinking.

That whole situation is just so puzzling to me. I can’t imagine what they’re thinking.
I was told that it would be cost detrimental because some members walk a **** ton so it would cost them.

But, their walking cart fees = a LOT less than my membership fees.

well yea. Hell no to that. Did they just balk at it? Not even consider it? Is it a board decision or a different process? Sorry. Just wondering. Seems really strange t me they dont want the trail fee. Unless theyre concerned about a pace of play issue or something. (which is also bogus but at least a reason). My home course allows walk. Allows push carts. Can pay a trail fee in advance or by the round its up to you. However, Fox Meadows isnt really a great layout for walking. Weymouth is great however.

well yea. Hell no to that. Did they just balk at it? Not even consider it? Is it a board decision or a different process? Sorry. Just wondering. Seems really strange t me they dont want the trail fee. Unless theyre concerned about a pace of play issue or something. (which is also bogus but at least a reason). My home course allows walk. Allows push carts. Can pay a trail fee in advance or by the round its up to you. However, Fox Meadows isnt really a great layout for walking. Weymouth is great however.
Well, I was the board president for the last year and a half, so if it was a board decision it would have passed lmao

It's an ownership thing. Not sure how it was presented, but it was declined.

Well, I was the board president for the last year and a half, so if it was a board decision it would have passed lmao

It's an ownership thing. Not sure how it was presented, but it was declined.

Sorry i hijacked the distance debate lol.

Sorry i hijacked the distance debate lol.
I love it. I'm just glad the shows generate conversation. We're effectively Off Course and I am great with it.

Means a lot that you listen.

Dan - I think this episode was the best one you've done so far. I truly liked the passion that came through as you're talking about the game - distances, pros working for themselves in finding balls, and the Burg vs. Cheeseburg debate.

I had many hours in the car this weekend and listen to multiple episodes. This one has been the top so far. Well done and thank you @JB for adding to the conversation and controversy.

I love it. I'm just glad the shows generate conversation. We're effectively Off Course and I am great with it.

Means a lot that you listen.
Its a good listen my friend. Always enjoy varying opinions, especially when it helps me see it from the other point of view sometimes. Besides, I enjoy that velvety smooth Candian voice......🀣🀣🀣:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

This morning on my commute I got to the [paraphrased] "R&A and USGA didn't consult anyone about the average driving distance of the amateur golfer before making their call to restrict distance..."

So none of the data collected by the programs like Arccos and GPS trackers of shot distance were used by the R&A and USGA? And the "ball goes too far..." Right.:rolleyes:

I've been wanting shot clocks since the European Tour event with them.

I like the rangefinder idea. I'd like to see the Tour prohibit yardage and green books and go with wide-toothed rakes in bunkers.

They are listening to us I guess. Rangefinders are going to be allowed in some majors this year.

They are listening to us I guess. Rangefinders are going to be allowed in some majors this year.
I just read that a little while ago. Welcome to the 21st century, USGA!

Back