Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
While Bryson DeChambeau is making headlines while using one, that is not the only reason SIK Putters has shown such growth over the last couple of years. Their technology is rather interesting and makes a lot of sense, despite not being able to see it at first glance.

SIK stands for Study in Kinematics and their Descending Loft Technology (DLT) is not only unique, but makes a whole lot of sense. A number of forum members have offered positive feedback and we wanted to dive in a bit deeper. Rather than have you read through the thoughts, we explain it with some graphics below.

Each putter is made from 303 Stainless Steel and SIK states that every putter they make is the exactly the same as the ones used on tour. Back in 2018, DeChambeau credited much of his scoring change to making a switch after fitting to his SIK Pro C. Below is the spec sheet of Bryson’s flat stick.

Putter: SIK Pro C Arm Lock
Sightline: Back flange
Shaft: LA Golf C2L-180
Length: 43 inches
Loft: 6 degrees
Lie: 78 degrees
Head weight: 380 grams
Hosel: .580
Grip: Jumbo Max 17”

Have you tried a SIK Putters model yet? Are you interested in giving something with DLT a roll?

SIK Putters models

Continue reading...

The SIK tech has opened my eyes a bit so I’m excited to dive into this article in a bit. Super glad you did this

• Staff
We enjoyed putting this one together and I hope you all enjoy. Ton of buzz around the face design with Bryson using one and now Cobra using the tech as well.

The roll is real, I did some really wonky forward press and laying my hands back to see how the face loft works...and I couldn’t make the ball skid to save my late, nothing but tight roll.

Also, in hand, the smashed spider looking Flo is pretty fantastic.

I have not seen one in person so I have not tried one either.

DLT seems like it could be helpful and if it’s good enough for the mad scientist there has to be merit in them.

I would love to try one.

Great short video on DLT, and honestly something I've been wanting to get more clarity on. I've been intrigued since the Cobra Supersport came out, and had the SIK DLT face. I haven't tried one, but the reasoning behind this seems sound. Hopefully these get into the hands of more THPers so we can hear some more thoughts!

• Staff
Great short video on DLT, and honestly something I've been wanting to get more clarity on. I've been intrigued since the Cobra Supersport came out, and had the SIK DLT face. I haven't tried one, but the reasoning behind this seems sound. Hopefully these get into the hands of more THPers so we can hear some more thoughts!
Man, the roll is real. I tried super hard to make it skid a d just couldn’t.

That all makes sense. Really sounds like something I need to try.

Man, the roll is real. I tried super hard to make it skid a d just couldn’t.
Definitely have this issue from time to time on longer putts, and playing a lot of early morning rounds the skid can really be highlighted by dew on the green.

The DLT technology makes so much sense. Have never seen a SIK putter in the wild but am super intrigued with trying one.

It's so frustrating being LH. I love those DW and SHO models and would easily buy one right now but can't.

y91.gif

I buy into the design behind these putters, but rolling them recently at a Club Champion putter fitting I wasn't sold on the feel. But as I am learning with putters, I need more than a few rolls to sort out a putter. I will revisit at some point.

I'd like to try the "Pro" blade model.

The mallets are just so heavy, I struggled to find a feel, comfort with them. They do roll the ball nicely....

We enjoyed putting this one together and I hope you all enjoy. Ton of buzz around the face design with Bryson using one and now Cobra using the tech as well.

The roll is real, I did some really wonky forward press and laying my hands back to see how the face loft works...and I couldn’t make the ball skid to save my late, nothing but tight roll.

Also, in hand, the smashed spider looking Flo is pretty fantastic.
It was an AWESOME and simple short video. What a great opportunity to learn more about SIK and how they can benefit golfers!

Last edited:
Love that quick little video. In hand the flo is unique and I kind of dig it. The tech is there and does appear to work as well

I only briefly rolled one at my glossed over putter fitting at club champion (was focused on other parts of the bag). The feel was good and I’d be super interested to get a full suite of numbers for the putter. Sik would be at the top of my list if I ever start to question my TT Ten.

Thanks for the video. I have never seen a SIK putter.

These putters feel really good, and I think the concept of the Varying face angle is especially well suited for people trying the Arm-Lock version. Really helps get the right launch conditions on the ball even if your static loft on the club or ball position is off a little bit.

I had a sik pro for a bit. It rolled quite well. This seems like a modern take on the old tear drop putter faces.

Nice quick video @Jman
Went and googled sik putters, nice offerings, I'd give the DW armlock a roll and see what its about.

I would love to try one. I like the look of the Flo and would like to try a face balanced one. Given the cost I would want to be fitted for it also.

I would be very interested in trying the arm lock but I really think you need to be fitted for that and a bit of instruction on setup for that format helps.

I have been rolling the Flo for a while today in the Tech Studio and just love the roll it puts on the ball.

The Flo (slant neck) certainly interests me. Just not sure with my Toulons' that it would get an opportunity.

I had a sik pro for a bit. It rolled quite well. This seems like a modern take on the old tear drop putter faces.
Similar end goals for sure. Big difference though has you know is the Teardrop’s whole face was rolled where this one is four level surfaces.

Also, we are old for knowing Teardrop.:ROFLMAO:

Keep learning new things every day around here. These look fascinating.

I have been rolling the Flo for a while today in the Tech Studio and just love the roll it puts on the ball.
JB, were you fitted for the SIK? Or just testing it out?

Back