Well, after putting the right shaft but wrong flex in my first HMP order, Mizuno got it right the second time.

And they appear to have rushed the order since they were back ordered until 1/30 and I picked them up tonight.

Looking forward to at least getting them out to the range this weekend.

e3ae2f1ff75eb249e1e92432e6829f30.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, after putting the right shaft but wrong flex in my first HMP order, Mizuno got it right the second time.

And they appear to have rushed the order since they were back ordered until 1/30 and I picked them up tonight.

Beauties!

have fun. I really enjoy my 5-7 HMP’s. Easiest long irons to hit.

Still haven’t gotten to a real keyboard so even though I do love teasing my guy @MH its not been intentional.

Quick hits though.

The profile at address of the forged is perfect. It’s the first more forgiving (compared to my usual pure players irons) iron that I’ve ever sat down that gets it right for my eye. A lot of that is that Mizuno rolls the topline, love me some non square radius top lines.

Feel is, well, Mizuno mixed with more power in the irons with chromolly especially. I’m shocked at my carry numbers with them for the profile, it’s a half club longer than I anticipated.

It’s been a long time since I’ve played JPX, I had a bad taste in my mouth from the EZ lines I reviewed for THP when I first started writing, I knew they corrected course on that. But this is first time I’ve physically experienced it.

Deeper thoughts soon, but the Forged are a special iron, and I’m not saying that because I’m in a Mizuno event, if they weren’t something truly impressive, they wouldn’t be in my bag.

I've said it before but if I ever could justify a second bag some kind of 921 HM/HMP/F combo would be a heavy favorite. I hit a handful of the new releases back in August and these were hands down my favorite of the newer ones I hit. Not that I hit a ton, but I did hit the Mav, Mav Pro, and G710s. Really look forward to reading about those who wind up with these experiences.

Good stuff @Jman. I had a trade that fell through for some Srixon zx7’s so I have decided that I am going to keep the forged and compare them against the Callaway x-forged cb’s

Not ashamed to say... I want!!!!! Beautiful irons... and they feel so good

Good stuff @Jman. I had a trade that fell through for some Srixon zx7’s so I have decided that I am going to keep the forged and compare them against the Callaway x-forged cb’s
They’re bigger than the 7’s in terms of sole, and a lot more forgiving, and longer. Both fantastic, but there’s more give and power packed in these imo.

Reactions: MH
They’re bigger than the 7’s in terms of sole, and a lot more forgiving, and longer. Both fantastic, but there’s more give and power packed in these imo.
I think it was kind of a blessing is disguise, the 921’s look great and should be a fun set to game for me. I have never tried to keep 2 sets at the same time so I’m not sure how that’s going to go for me

Fun video spot.

Shopping list.... ENGAGE!

Still haven’t gotten to a real keyboard so even though I do love teasing my guy @MH its not been intentional.

Quick hits though.

The profile at address of the forged is perfect. It’s the first more forgiving (compared to my usual pure players irons) iron that I’ve ever sat down that gets it right for my eye. A lot of that is that Mizuno rolls the topline, love me some non square radius top lines.

Feel is, well, Mizuno mixed with more power in the irons with chromolly especially. I’m shocked at my carry numbers with them for the profile, it’s a half club longer than I anticipated.

It’s been a long time since I’ve played JPX, I had a bad taste in my mouth from the EZ lines I reviewed for THP when I first started writing, I knew they corrected course on that. But this is first time I’ve physically experienced it.

Deeper thoughts soon, but the Forged are a special iron, and I’m not saying that because I’m in a Mizuno event, if they weren’t something truly impressive, they wouldn’t be in my bag.
Hey, so I have JPX-EZ's and I am on year 6 or so of them. Not the orange and black model but the more recent one. What did you not like about them besides the chunkiness? I am looking to upgrade this year and I am strongly looking at the 921-HMP or HM. I am about a 15 cap. Let me know your thoughts. You can PM if you like. Heading down to FL Thursday so skis go away for a week and out come the clubs

Thanks

Hey, so I have JPX-EZ's and I am on year 6 or so of them. Not the orange and black model but the more recent one. What did you not like about them besides the chunkiness? I am looking to upgrade this year and I am strongly looking at the 921-HMP or HM. I am about a 15 cap. Let me know your thoughts. You can PM if you like. Heading down to FL Thursday so skis go away for a week and out come the clubs

Thanks
It was my experience that their launch windows were just a bit wonky. I reviewed both sets, and the orange version was definitely the bigger perpetrator of that for me but both were just...off. Feel was good, but they seemed like they just didn’t fit in the Mizuno lineups, which they kind of agreed with as they altered the JPX pathway moving forward from those. If they work, then love them and use them, but the Hot Metals are imo what those SHOULD have been. The forged are maybe the best all around iron they’ve put out though, they’re special.

It was my experience that their launch windows were just a bit wonky. I reviewed both sets, and the orange version was definitely the bigger perpetrator of that for me but both were just...off. Feel was good, but they seemed like they just didn’t fit in the Mizuno lineups, which they kind of agreed with as they altered the JPX pathway moving forward from those. If they work, then love them and use them, but the Hot Metals are imo what those SHOULD have been. The forged are maybe the best all around iron they’ve put out though, they’re special.
The forged sound great but want to ensure forgiveness. Every year has gotten better as I work my way back into the game. If forged is similar to HMP on forgiveness scale then maybe. They are nice looking

The forged sound great but want to ensure forgiveness. Every year has gotten better as I work my way back into the game. If forged is similar to HMP on forgiveness scale then maybe. They are nice looking
HMP will be slightly more forgiving than the Forged if that’s your biggest concern, but they still feel fantastic and flat out perform.

I was initially concerned on the forgiveness side, coming from Taylormade tour burner irons, but during my fit got away with a lot! My miss is low or towards the toe. I wouldn’t let the forged scare you away from trying.
( if I can’t have my order in hand yet at least I can talk about it, right?)

There is a massive amount of forgiveness in the Forged. I play 5 - PW, both toe and heel misses end up way better than they should. Try the whole range and you may be surprised.

The other thing for me with the forged is I’m a bit more of a picker than a digger. The slightly skinnier sole of the forged allowed cleaner contact for me, ymmv. As someone who typically bounces from a mid-to-low teen cap, driven mostly by how much I can keep the driver in play and the touch around the greens up, I would have no concerns recommending these irons.

(And can report back more once they hopefully show in three weeks.... living vicariously through the thread at the moment to not bounce off the walls in anticipation)

how would you rank the following irons

ZX7 vs 921 Tour vs Apex pro vs P770

how would you rank the following irons

ZX7 vs 921 Tour vs Apex pro vs P770
1. 921T
2. ZX7
T3. Apex Pro/P770 because I’m not fan of hollow irons.

I think it may be time for me to give Mizuno a go.
Really want to order up a 921 Forged/Tour combo but the 6+ week wait makes it tough to spend the dough.

Back