TaylorMade Hi-Toe Raw Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New wedges are hitting stores next week. Some subtle changes have taken place including the new aged copper finish. Here are the new TaylorMade Hi-Toe Raw Wedges.

2-3-1024x692.jpg

A thinner topline along with along with some weight distributed a bit higher to optimize CG location. Like it’s predecessor, full grooves exist from heel to toe, which is designed to help you when clean impact is not easy such as the deep rough or bunker.

Shaft: KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

A number of options exist and here are a look at the tech specs.

3-1024x415.jpg

What are your thoughts on the Hi-Toe wedges from TaylorMade? Do you play raw...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I really liked the old Hi-Toe wedges. It's one of the few lob wedges I have ever gotten along with. What I liked was the full face milling as it just invited a lot of confidence. I have some friends with the current MG2 wedges and I really like the look of them too. I like how the face insert looks like a grid instead of just lines across. For some reason that appeals to me. I say both those things to say I would really have liked this better if they did the raw grid thing across the entire face instead of confining it to the smaller standard spot here. I see the photo above is a 52*. Maybe they kept the full face on the lob wedges?

well I was looking to get rid of my SM8's so looks like these are it! I had a full set of the original Hi Toe's and still regret selling them

They appear to be making the "Hi Toe" less aggressive in appearance. Looks pretty good.

Not my preference in style but sure they perform well.

Never been a fan of the look of the Hi-Toe look in wedges but I’ll reserve judgement until see in person. Copper certainly has different look.

The previous version works very well for me. These will be on the radar when I am ready to replace.

Interesting look.
I currently have the Cally PM2's but I think the 54* only came in 14* bounce which is a bit much for most of the turf and bunkers around here.

I actually really like the finish on these.

I haven't used a High Toe wedge since the original PM Callaway Wedge back in like 2015 I believe.

I was really excited for these and then I saw the face. I don't like the look of the grooves. The original just looks so much better.

I'm kinda confused - the text says full grooves from heel to toe, but the photos don't show that?

They appear to be making the "Hi Toe" less aggressive in appearance. Looks pretty good.
This is exactly what I was thinking.

I like the changes they have made....

I'm kinda confused - the text says full grooves from heel to toe, but the photos don't show that?
It’s the same as before with the previous release, 50/52/54 are standard grooves, all other lofts are full face. (y)

I played a PM 54 last year and based on that I can see how someone would benefit from a 50 version. With the 54 even a full swing you're trying to flight it a little more than say a stock 8 iron. So if someone likes the high toe style in a 54 I think they'd enjoy a 50 as well unless that club for them is strictly an "11 iron"

I like the design of the club, I like how it looks on set up and the face, but I'm not a fan of the look. I don't know if that makes sense, but...

I'm due for a wedge swap so these will get a good look.

These wedge designs interest me. I do like to take full swings with my 54* and 58* wedges so curious how that will play out.

I love the look of these. I have a raw 52 from the prior version and it is good, but the 58 with the full face grooves has been one of my all time favorite wedges. I do wish they would go with full face grooves for the 52 through 54 lofts as well.

Was able to see one of these in person today.

They def appear to have relaxed the extreme Hi Toe shape.

Last edited:
Really have enjoyed these wedges in the past and it seems like it's time to replace mine.

Pondering mode engaged.

Love my current hi-toe 60 and love the idea of raw. A little bummed they aren't offering the ATV grind though.

I really like my original Hi-Toe, but I'm not a fan of rusty golf clubs. These look good as new, but I wouldn't enjoy them the same after a few uses.

Those look really good to me.

Back