First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

64. The way the ZipCore handles the turf is scary good

ZipCore is unbelievable in the thick stuff. I am very comfortable opening up the 54 and letting it work!

“Zip” Core is such a great name for this wedge. I am forcing myself to be more aggressive with the 54* because the ball will check up and check up fast. Even with trying to bump and run one up to the hole I’m seeing big less rollout than I normally see when I use the MD5 Jaws 54*.

“Zip” Core is such a great name for this wedge. I am forcing myself to be more aggressive with the 54* because the ball will check up and check up fast. Even with trying to bump and run one up to the hole I’m seeing big less rollout than I normally see when I use the MD5 Jaws 54*.
They definitely have some bite.

Whenever I have it within 50 yards I am thinking, "Be aggressive, be be aggressive". Knowing it is gonna bite HARD.

I have to agree. I know many will not try a 62° wedge, but I’m saying the 62 is scary good and much easier to hit then you think. The sole glides and doesn’t catch the turf. So smooth to lob with.

Seeing this thread keep popping up is going to be hard on my wallet! I have so much want for these wedges! I'm trying my best to hold off until the new season though! DIFFICULT!

Seeing this thread keep popping up is going to be hard on my wallet! I have so much want for these wedges! I'm trying my best to hold off until the new season though! DIFFICULT!

Yeah that is always hard if you can't use them.
If you do any indoor golfing, could be a good chance to get used to them though. :D

So I had ordered a 58* mid bounce about a month ago. Got it to my specs in black and the spinner shaft. I have never played a Cleveland wedge before only vokeys and about 10 minutes with the mizuno t7s. So it FINALLY came yesterday! Looked fantastic, black finish looked great as well. It was 36 today and been pretty chilly lately but had to go try it out at our clubs short game area.

I didn’t have a whole lot of expectations as the greens were hard and ground was half frozen but just wanted to hit them. Immediately I noticed a considerable lower window then my sm8. Not a bad thing just lower. What did surprise me was the amount of spin everywhere lol. I have truly fallen in love with this wedge. I am hoping it transfers to the course.

I hit 2 shots that when I hit them I thought had no chance and was shocked when they were only feet from the hole. I don’t think I have ever been excited about a wedge before, but these are great and half to be one of the best deals out there for a custom wedge.

These wedges are SO good for me. I love the straighter leading edge, along with the rest of the profile. I am playing a stock satin 52* and a 58* degree raw with some specialty grinds. I have no interest in looking at any other wedges this year.

FB2D4723-745F-4866-9EB6-782446D964A5.jpeg

These wedges are SO good for me. I love the straighter leading edge, along with the rest of the profile. I am playing a stock satin 52* and a 58* degree raw with some specialty grinds. I have no interest in looking at any other wedges this year.

View attachment 8993484
Really hoping the grind options reappear on their site! Really want a custom raw

Really hoping the grind options reappear on their site! Really want a custom raw
I didn’t know that the option had disappeared. I am so glad that I ordered one. My 58 degree with the specialty grind is extremely versatile.

I didn’t know that the option had disappeared. I am so glad that I ordered one. My 58 degree with the specialty grind is extremely versatile.

I think they sold out. I check daily for them to be available. Want the 58 mid with heel/toe relief!

I think they sold out. I check daily for them to be available. Want the 58 mid with heel/toe relief!

I am noticing that both Cleveleand and Srixon websites have defaulted to strictly stock build options even on things in stock. And that a LOT of things are backordered across the line.

I am noticing that both Cleveleand and Srixon websites have defaulted to strictly stock build options even on things in stock. And that a LOT of things are backordered across the line.

that’s a good/bad thing. Good there’s a want, but if you can’t deliver will you lose folks wanting to try a Cleveland wedge for the first time

that’s a good/bad thing. Good there’s a want, but if you can’t deliver will you lose folks wanting to try a Cleveland wedge for the first time

Sports equipment during COVID times has been in super high demand. My local bike shop has been 90% sold out of their entire allocation of 2021 model bikes since last October. In a similar way, I bet the golf OEM's are doing everything they can to keep up.

View attachment 8993484

I have been playing a 50*, 54*, 58* a quite a few years now and I am really interested in dropping a wedge and going 52*/58*. Have you been playing this set up for awhile? Do you use this to leave more options open at the top of your bag?

I have been playing a 50*, 54*, 58* a quite a few years now and I am really interested in dropping a wedge and going 52*/58*. Have you been playing this set up for awhile? Do you use this to leave more options open at the top of your bag?
Exactly. With this setup, I am going 48*, 52* and 58*. I could go 52*, 56* and 60*, but I can do pretty much everything I need to do with the 58* wedge, including sand and flop shots. This then leaves me a spot for an additional fairway wood or hybrid.

Reactions: MH
@Tenputt your pw is 45* then 48*?
44* then 48*. Apex/Apex Pro mixed set (bending the gw one degree strong to give me four degree gaps from pw through the 52*. Just put them in play. I was playing Cobra Forged Tec and bent the pw to 44* from 45* and then used a 48* gw. If I have a 50* gw, I traditionally have played a 54* and 58* wedge set.

Exactly. With this setup, I am going 48*, 52* and 58*. I could go 52*, 56* and 60*, but I can do pretty much everything I need to do with the 58* wedge, including sand and flop shots. This then leaves me a spot for an additional fairway wood or hybrid.
When it works, it works my Craig! All about distance gaps and how you use them, heck, I go 45 PW, 48, 54, 62

I’m thinking about going 45* 52* 58* this year. A little concerned with the 7* gap from pw but want to open a permanent spot for a UT at the top end. This will work on my home course but not sure when I travel. 54* has also been my go to wedge for a number of years

Anyone having troubles getting custom ZipCore wedges? I have a friend that is 3 months in waiting.

Tight Wedge Tuesday 🎯

5D8E1A01-79E5-4CD9-A30E-7EDC26091443.jpeg
Snagged me a gap wedge to round out the ZipCore wedges in the bag :D

Back