Cobalt Q6 Laser Rangefinder Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New companies entering the distance measuring device world seems to be a weekly occurrence. Those doing it with a proprietary device that isn’t just a knock off with a logo stamped on it is not. Enter Cobalt, a brand new company and their Cobalt Q6 is unlike anything else on the market today.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty good device. Good write up @JB. Hopefully they do well, but it's going to be tough to go DTC with a premium price.

Enjoyed this, Josh.

This is one I’d definitely give a spin. Plus, lifetime warranty FTW.

Nice write up JB. I'm in the market for anew rangefinder this year and will check this one out !!

Great write up. While I’m not in the market for a new range finder, that Lifetime Warranty is pretty enticing. Looking forward to more reviews on this one.

As for the case do you see there being an issue of the range finder falling out should the elastic band not be used?

Very nice review @JB ! I love the way it looks and the dial seems like a very user friendly feature. I still don't know how I feel about it not having magnet built in since it appears a magnetic sleeve will not fit this unit.

I signed up for updates on their website as it is not yet fully operational.

• Admin
Nice write up.
25 years of designing and bringing to market... does that mean they've been doing that for other companies and decided "we can make our own money doing this" instead of making other people money?

Lifetime warranty sounds appealing. I'm curious to know how their customer service handles issues.

Lifetime warranty is pretty awesome. I think the knob on the side is a good idea for ease of use, but if you are left handed it might be an issue.

Nice write up.
25 years of designing and bringing to market... does that mean they've been doing that for other companies and decided "we can make our own money doing this" instead of making other people money?

The people I have been working with all worked at distance measuring device companies. Its my opinion that they saw a void in the market for something that a little different on the premium side of things.

Although Precision Pro is not DTC only, I’m curious on how this one stacks up against arguably the best bang for the buck in the Precision Pro.

Lifetime warranty is pretty awesome. I think the knob on the side is a good idea for ease of use, but if you are left handed it might be an issue.

I am one of those ... lefty who plays righty - we must adjust to overcome.:LOL:

Although Precision Pro is not DTC only, I’m curious on how this one stacks up against arguably the best bang for the buck in the Precision Pro.

Its pretty different. I would say from a feature and quality stand point, probably a bit better from the materials used and obviously the warranty. I do love Precision Pros battery deal though.

Its pretty different. I would say from a feature and quality stand point, probably a bit better from the materials used and obviously the warranty. I do love Precision Pros battery deal though.

Warranty is great. For me, the battery makes little difference. I keep an extra in the bag/or car. Change it out once a year when playing frequently. But my Bushnell Tour X from almost 5 yrs ago is not exactly feature laden - distance/slope. I'm looking forward to this one - wish they would add temperature/altitude for $399.

Nice write up @JB I'm curious as to why they didn't work more on the case. I would prefer to at least have a zipper, so that it doesn't fall off the bag when you hit a bump. I don't keep mine out all the time because I don't laser everything. So it stays on the side of the bag most of the time. Having a good clip & enclosure is essential. Not unless they have a 100% replacement if lost policy. ;)

I don't use a case - when in a cart, I keep it in the back basket and "go get it" when cart stops. When carrying, SM has a handy pocket for it - an easy reach like the water bottle pocket.

Warranty is great. For me, the battery makes little difference. I keep an extra in the bag/or car. Change it out once a year when playing frequently. But my Bushnell Tour X from almost 5 yrs ago is not exactly feature laden - distance/slope. I'm looking forward to this one - wish they would add temperature/altitude for $399.

I'm hopeful when the site launches (should be anytime now) they throw up some graphics for their accuracy and what they did to get there. I was pretty impressed.

Nice write up @JB I'm curious as to why they didn't work more on the case. I would prefer to at least have a zipper, so that it doesn't fall off the bag when you hit a bump. I don't keep mine out all the time because I don't laser everything. So it stays on the side of the bag most of the time. Having a good clip & enclosure is essential. Not unless they have a 100% replacement if lost policy. ;)

I asked them this and honestly they like the easy access the bungee provides. I can't disagree there.

Good review @JB. It's a nice looking unit and I like the idea of the knob/dial on the side as long as it doesn't have a tendency to inadvertently get bumped and change settings. Definitely an advantage over having to fiddle around with button push sequences/menus. The lifetime warranty is a big plus too, I'd gladly take that over free lifetime batteries. Have to admit I agree with you about the case, but if the dimensions were close enough to my existing rangefinder (Bushnell), I'd just use that case with it.

Nice write up @JB, I don’t think a magnet is as big of a deal for me as some others say. I’ve had moments when I’m walking back to the cart to grab mine as I forgot it on the cart itself. The bungee would be my only worry when walking. Seems like a really nice unit.

I am one of those ... lefty who plays righty - we must adjust to overcome.:LOL:
Same here, so for me not as much of an issue. But I can see where it could be and issue for those lefties who aren't ambidextrous

Good review @JB. It's a nice looking unit and I like the idea of the knob/dial on the side as long as it doesn't have a tendency to inadvertently get bumped and change settings. Definitely an advantage over having to fiddle around with button push sequences/menus. The lifetime warranty is a big plus too, I'd gladly take that over free lifetime batteries. Have to admit I agree with you about the case, but if the dimensions were close enough to my existing rangefinder (Bushnell), I'd just use that case with it.

I actually haven't had it bump a single time yet. So that is a good thing.

I asked them this and honestly they like the easy access the bungee provides. I can't disagree there.
I don't disagree either. My Bushnell has a bungee cord as well but I like that added security of the zipper it provides. Plus by the looks of the picture, the unit goes in horizontally, instead of vertically? Kind of like a pair of glasses into the case. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. :unsure:

I don't disagree either. My Bushnell has a bungee cord as well but I like that added security of the zipper it provides. Plus by the looks of the picture, the unit goes in horizontally, instead of vertically? Kind of like a pair of glasses into the case. Not sure if that makes a difference or not. :unsure:

That is correct.

Looks like a good device and I love the idea of the lifetime warranty. Too bad I just replaced my lost laser late last season.

Back