Cobalt Q6 Laser Rangefinder Review

Lifetime warranty is pretty great. Seems to have the features I look for in a laser unit.

I may be in the market for a range finder this season, but it probably won't be this one, if for no other reason than the shiny black plastic. I don't understand why companies continue to make products with that material. After very little use it always ends up with micro-scratches and scuffs that make it look like hell. We hates it.

Hopefully their website is up soon I’m really curious to see the display layout. Not that I need a new rangefinder but I’m not completely happy with the one I am using

Nice review.

I will be interested to see the dimensions. I actually like a bigger rangefinder and wish I could find one that had a larger viewing angle. I like a bigger picture when looking thru.

No issue with the case as I don't usually keep my rangefinder in the case, but without the magnet then the build would have to be substantial as I like to keep the range finder on the cart (via magnet), in a cup holder, or in the cart.

At $399 that is a decent amount of investment and for a brand new product and company I would need many reviews before I would jump in to purchase. However, I like the looks and love the dial button. That is an area I am surprised wasn't on most range finders already. I hate pushing the button over and over to get the data I am looking for.

I didn't see it posted but wonder if they are thinking of having an app to include GPS for a quick view like other premium line devices?

Really cool look to it and it also appears to be pretty compact. However, That protruding button on the side would scare the living crap out of me as Ive dropped my Rangefinder about 10 tol.

Really cool look to it and it also appears to be pretty compact. However, That protruding button on the side would scare the living crap out of me as Ive dropped my Rangefinder about 10 tol.

You'd have to see if the warranty covered a drop

looks really good. Maybe one day ill get tired of my leupold haha. Unfortunately there wasn't a huge market for good lasers when I bought it (4+ years ago). Now there are several good choices at the same or better price points.

Depending on when mine kicks the dirt, this would definitely be in the top list to replace it. great write up and presentation sir.

You'd have to see if the warranty covered a drop
Haha......well with as much as ive dropped them in the past, id imgaine that my accidents would be costing them a number of units if this was a covered warranty issue. My guess? Its not

Haha......well with as much as ive dropped them in the past, id imgaine that my accidents would be costing them a number of units if this was a covered warranty issue. My guess? Its not

I've dropped my Bushnell Tour X so many times I've lost count - on the cart path are the ones that concern me -- but this one has Magnesium case with Aluminum and it looks like some of it is rubberized ...:unsure: need to ask JB.

I've dropped my Bushnell Tour X so many times I've lost count - on the cart path are the ones that concern me -- but this one has Magnesium case with Aluminum and it looks like some of it is rubberized ...:unsure: need to ask JB.

I have already dropped this thing about 5 times and no issues. The dial on the side has some rubber to it, so I dont think dropping it on it will have any ill effect either.

Great warranty, great unit. Price point is where it should be. I'm in the market and this one will be given much consideration. @JB nice write up.

Reactions: JB
Great warranty, great unit. Price point is where it should be. I'm in the market and this one will be given much consideration. @JB nice write up.

Thank you. It was fun to test.

Enjoyed the review. A lifetime warranty for an electronic device is amazing. The dial as opposed to trying to remember how to change all of the settings in the internal menu is certainly a welcomed change. Dose the dial feel awkward holding the rangefinder in the left hand?

These are now shipping for those interested. Device is rock solid.

Just dropped this one onto my bag for next week's round.
Going to bring this and my normal VC SL5 and do a little comparison.

I’ve been eyeing this one nonstop the past week. Ugh.

I have the Cobalt Q6 slope and love it! The case, IMO, is fantastic. Even with my Bushnell, I only use the bungee to enclose it and I’m not worried about needing a zipper. It’s been insanely accurate (less than .5 yard) and the fact the distance stays up in the display and you can switch back/forth between slope/straight line without having to re-shoot the distance. I know the guys behind the brand will back up their word. They’re great guys!

For those who are hunters, check out Maven Optics, they are Cobalt’s sister company!

74818CE4-2107-4BBD-8015-412017A561D1.jpeg

I think I’m going to order one of these.

I think I’m going to order one of these.

It is really good.
I have it attached to my bag and in most rounds it is my go to device.

It is really good.
I have it attached to my bag and in most rounds it is my go to device.
There’s just SO much about the precision that speaks to me, plus, @Canadan having them on Off Course and your Quick Six just pushed it even more in my head.

Father's Day sale going on now.

Mail Day!! Will post some unboxing photos this evening!

Q6.jpg

Back