2021 Srixon Z-Star and 2021 Z-Star XV Golf Balls

Exciting. Thanks for the write-up and info, @Jman . Been waiting to give the XV another chance. Look forward to trying them out, eventually.

Can’t wait to try these. Will be ordering as soon as they are available

Will definitely be grabbing the Z to try vs. the ProV.

probably give the XVs first crack again after burning through some Vices.

Great article, while Serm is weird it does serve a purpose and these balls have always been solid offerings. I think the new dimples will be nothing short of fantastic. Personally I prefer the extra spin around the greens and the lower ball flight from the Z-star not to mention the softer feel. While the XV does fit my specs I have always thought it was just to firm for my preference.

Great article, while Serm is weird it does serve a purpose and these balls have always been solid offerings. I think the new dimples will be nothing short of fantastic. Personally I prefer the extra spin around the greens and the lower ball flight from the Z-star not to mention the softer feel. While the XV does fit my specs I have always thought it was just to firm for my preference.
I do like the softer feel off the putter face of the Z as well. I'm just not good enough to control my full/short iron spin coming into the green. They just spin too much for me and my swing.

Titleist, Taylormade, and now Srixon all going for a softer feel in the "X or firm" version ball. I wonder what in the industry or tour or combined is driving that.. Very interesting that all are doing it at the same time.. It does not seem they are really lowering the compression much if at all but all softening the feel.

I find it most interesting when the entire industry (mostly) does the same thing at the same time.

Titleist, Taylormade, and now Srixon all going for a softer feel in the "X or firm" version ball. I wonder what in the industry or tour or combined is driving that.. Very interesting that all are doing it at the same time.. It does not seem they are really lowering the compression much if at all but all softening the feel.

I find it most interesting when the entire industry (mostly) does the same thing at the same time.

Kind of ironic based on the misnomer filled crusade that some on the internet perpetuated last year. #ClickbaitIsNotFact

Kind of ironic based on the misnomer filled crusade that some on the internet perpetuated last year. #ClickbaitIsNotFact

I agree, and was thinking the same thing. But they are the only one that has been getting firmer over the past few years as. Everyone seems to be moving to center.

Nice writeup! Cannot wait to try this release! 💥

Great write up, @Jman. I appreciate the effort, man.

Being that I turned, virtually, my entire bag over last May, I'm not really in the market for any new clubs this season so the release season isn't as intriguing to me this year from a clubs standpoint. With that in mind, this is probably the release that I am most excited about this season. I've been a Srixon loyalist to some degree (at least in the ball space) ever since I was picked to review the original Q-Star ball here on THP. I've tinkered with other balls just out of curiosity but I always seem to end up back at my tried and true (though the black and yellow Truvis CSX always seems to find a way into my bag for a few dozen). I've been bouncing back and forth between the Z and the XV and currently have about 3 dozen XV of the last iteration in stock. I'm going to put the battle back in the bag this season with the newest iteration as to which ball is actually best for me. I've always veered toward the XV (something in my gut just tells me that I like it better) but further testing is absolutely warranted. Thanks again for a glimpse into the newest version of an old friend.

Definitely looking forward to trying this new Z Star release. Some of the generations of that ball in the past have felt a little firm for my liking but the past one or two, and it sounds like this one, have felt better to me.

Nice write up @Jman

I almost exclusively used the XV last year for performance but preferred the feel of the Z. It is very exciting to here the feel has improved on the XV and spin on the Z is greater than the XS! That’s crazy!!.

I did have some durability issues last year but at the BOGO deal I loaded up and really didn’t mind. I stopped by Edwin Watts today and these were out on the floor. The improved feel is really the most exciting part for me because performance has always been there! could be my go-to ball this year as well.

8C0D021C-2EDA-4991-9BD7-68FCBF9B3E30.jpeg

Nice write up @Jman

I almost exclusively used the XV last year for performance but preferred the feel of the Z. It is very exciting to here the feel has improved on the XV and spin on the Z is greater than the XS! That’s crazy!!.

I did have some durability issues last year but at the BOGO deal I loaded up and really didn’t mind. I stopped by Edwin Watts today and these were out on the floor. The improved feel is really the most exciting part for me because performance has always been there! could be my go-to ball this year as well.

View attachment 8991415
OF COURSE they would have them out already. Lmao

Sounds like a great ball just got better and still at a brilliant price point, especially if Srixon offer the bundle discounts again. Can't wait to try them and read the feedback from the testers - thanks for the review Jman

Just picked up some boxes of my favorite ball. Love me some Srixon!!
20210215_095948.jpg

Ordered two dozen this morning! :cool:

Coming in here to ask. I was always under the assumption the xv was the 1x, 5x, etc etc of the srixon lineup. More spin/higher launch. I guess not?

since I need a spinnier ball to help with launch (low spin mid to low launch), that would mean I should be testing/playing with the zstar correct?

Coming in here to ask. I was always under the assumption the xv was the 1x, 5x, etc etc of the srixon lineup. More spin/higher launch. I guess not?

since I need a spinnier ball to help with launch (low spin mid to low launch), that would mean I should be testing/playing with the zstar correct?
Here's a good explanation of the differences...

Just picked up a dozen XV can’t wait to test out and see how well I like them.

Back