MGI Zip Navigator AT, All Terrain Electric Golf Cart Bundle

Sdog you've been following this thread for weeks...when are ya gonna break down and snag a zip?!
That is the question that so many THPers are pondering.

Sdog you've been following this thread for weeks...when are ya gonna break down and snag a zip?!
That is the question that so many THPers are pondering.
I’m close to pulling the plug. Just trying to cover all the bases. Plus it’s a chunk of change!!!! 😉

I’m close to pulling the plug. Just trying to cover all the bases. Plus it’s a chunk of change!!!! 😉
Don’t pull the plug! 😂 Pull the trigger. We are rooting for you to have one of these.

Don’t pull the plug! 😂 Pull the trigger. We are rooting for you to have one of these.
Only thing I can’t figure out on there website is if it comes with the charger or if that is bought separate. @NEhomer

It will come with it.
Go to Motogolf.com. Their site is pretty good and the same price listed on other sites. Plus you can choose the free accessories.

Well as promised, here are the pics of the clip system I'm piloting. I only got to use my Zip once and I didn't have the clip then. That's when I put it in my pocket and sent it toward the cliff. I use this system with my GPS unit while hunting with my setter. The belt clip is off the rear left hip where it isn't in the way of anything. You just snap the unit into the holder and it secures with a spring loaded catch. You reach down in one motion depressing the thumb release and lifting the unit into your hand. Quick, simple and secure. We'll have to see how it goes in practice but it seems like turning the lock off and on would be distracting. Hanging off the belt, there's no chance of accidentally hitting a button.

2VEN27Y.jpg

MW78alN.jpg

The Garmin clip fits snugly into the groove of the MGI clip and secures with a wrap of tape. If anyone's interested in trying it, here's what you'll need:

Well as promised, here are the pics of the clip system I'm piloting. I only got to use my Zip once and I didn't have the clip then. That's when I put it in my pocket and sent it toward the cliff. I use this system with my GPS unit while hunting with my setter. The belt clip is off the rear left hip where it isn't in the way of anything. You just snap the unit into the holder and it secures with a spring loaded catch. You reach down in one motion depressing the thumb release and lifting the unit into your hand. Quick, simple and secure. We'll have to see how it goes in practice but it seems like turning the lock off and on would be distracting. Hanging off the belt, there's no chance of accidentally hitting a button.

2VEN27Y.jpg

MW78alN.jpg

The Garmin clip fits snugly into the groove of the MGI clip and secures with a wrap of tape. If anyone's interested in trying it, here's what you'll need:

I can see where this would be handy for sure. More pondering to do. Thanks.

I made another simple improvement to my Zip. Not sure how much I'll use the seat but it comes with it and it might be handy. My only complaint is that it's noisey. The seat is a plastic box with storage below. The seat inserts slip over the support rods but it's not a snug fit and the plastic box rattling back and forth makes a good deal of noise as the zip zips along.

I just took a hobby knife and slightly beveled the edge of the plastic insert. Then I made a single wrap of electrical tape just below the bolt holes. The assemby slid back together with a snug fit. I pushed it down over the tape, replaced the bolts and it's completely silent now.

Now I'm looking for a new bag. I'm not finding any with a GPS pouch so I've invented another accessory. In my metal shop I'm going to make a felt-lined sheet metal box that attaches to the umbrella holder. I made a cardboard prototype and it's wonderful. It sits right up at the top and it doesn't interfere with anything as the unit folds up. The top inch of the ranagfinder sticks up above the top edge slighty with thumb slots cut down the sides to grab the rangefinder with. I'll paint it matte black to match the Zip and it'll look like it came from the factory.

I'll post pics when it's installed.

LOL! MGI should hire me. I got a few minutes in my metal shop yesterday to make a rangefinder holder. I designed it to simply attach to the Zip's large center bolt so it's integral to the existing system. For those who don't have one, the Zip AT has a single long bolt that holds all of the accessories. The box is made of 22 gauge sheet metal and the connecting bracket is made of 18 gauge for strength. Two coats of primer, two coats of black satin to match the Zip's color and it blends in nicely. I then found the perfect foam inserts to make the device drop in snug and safe. The side slots make grasping it a breeze. I'm very pleased with how it looks and how it functions. It's going to be very convenient to have it be part of the accessory bundle right at the top...and yes, I made sure that the unit will fold up without the box getting in the way.

k8CBrNa.jpg

st8sXKl.jpg

t9sQ4Y8.jpg

ESUXgnP.jpg

3ep3YvN.jpg

Va8HN4w.jpg

t0Y40C1.jpg

LOL! MGI should hire me. I got a few minutes in my metal shop yesterday to make a rangefinder holder. I designed it to simply attach to the Zip's large center bolt so it's integral to the existing system. For those who don't have one, the Zip AT has a single long bolt that holds all of the accessories. The box is made of 22 gauge sheet metal and the connecting bracket is made of 18 gauge for strength. Two coats of primer, two coats of black satin to match the Zip's color and it blends in nicely. I then found the perfect foam inserts to make the device drop in snug and safe. The side slots make grasping it a breeze. I'm very pleased with how it looks and how it functions. It's going to be very convenient to have it be part of the accessory bundle right at the top...and yes, I made sure that the unit will fold up without the box getting in the way.

k8CBrNa.jpg

st8sXKl.jpg

t9sQ4Y8.jpg

ESUXgnP.jpg

3ep3YvN.jpg

Va8HN4w.jpg

t0Y40C1.jpg
That is pretty cool!!!!. Well done.

k8CBrNa.jpg

st8sXKl.jpg

t9sQ4Y8.jpg

ESUXgnP.jpg

3ep3YvN.jpg

Va8HN4w.jpg

t0Y40C1.jpg
That is awesome! When should I send my order in? 😂

My 2 cents. Having a remote is important to me. Allows me to walk freely without having to steer the cart with my hands on it. The other important pieces are a swivel front wheel that allows the cart to turn freely while maintaining speed (a fixed front wheel almost makes the cart stop to turn) and the gyroscope keeps the cart on track so you aren't always playing with the remote to keep it on track (those are the two main reasons why I purchased the MGI Navigator). I played Sunday and let my partner use my wife's battcaddy and he said my cart was smoother and operated a lot better. So to me it justifies the additional cost for the MGI Navigator, plus it's easier to drink a beer while walking instead of fiddling with the remote or have a hand on the cart.

I played four rounds of golf last week, a lot for me. The first three were at a resort in Cabos, Mexico. I returned home Wednesday evening. Saturday, I played one of the courses in my local rotation and used my Zip Navigator. It was really fun to walk again and, going into year three with this cart, I still am very glad I purchased it.

Got to use the Zip yesterday for the second time as temps went into the 60s!

I'm still thrilled to walk freely....it's just a whole other experience.

My rangefinder holder came in very handy as did the belt clip. On the wide open holes I sent it straight and clipped the remote to my belt.

Boy is this whole year going to be fun! I hit the ball real solidly as well so that's always a plus...just temp pins.

Well, after reading thru this and other threads multiple times, I finally pulled the trigger on a Navigator AT. I can't wait.

I got a demo unit with 3 miles on it with all the accessories from Ron at Kaddymart.com for a few hundered less than the Costco deal. Comes with a 1 year warranty from MGI. Received a tracking number within an hour of speaking with them and it shipped same day. I'll be sure to report back once it arrives.

Well, after reading thru this and other threads multiple times, I finally pulled the trigger on a Navigator AT. I can't wait.

I got a demo unit with 3 miles on it with all the accessories from Ron at Kaddymart.com for a few hundered less than the Costco deal. Comes with a 1 year warranty from MGI. Received a tracking number within an hour of speaking with them and it shipped same day. I'll be sure to report back once it arrives.
Enjoy it!

Nice! Sounds like a great deal that you got. You won't regret it.

Enjoy it!
I'm sure I will and I appreciate your extensive input. Along with everyone elses. Hard pressed to find a reaction other than "buy it, you won't regret it"

Congrats. I got my Navigator AT from Ron as well. Unless you really need new, why not save a few hundred bucks. It's been great, and I just love the Navigator AT as I pointed out above. Used it all last season for regular golf, used it this past winter for winter golf. Just cleaned it and lubed it up with WD-40 to get her ready for this coming season, and can't wait. It literally makes the round more enjoyable.

I walked the first 11 holes of the season yesterday on our hilly front 9. I could feel it in my legs a bit last night but nothing close to how I would have felt pushing my cart up and down the hills.

Back