Tour Edge Exotics C721 and E721 Irons

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
If there has been one area consistently nitpicked by golfers when it comes to Tour Edge and the Exotics lineups, it has been irons. Yes, last year they produced some of the most under the radar good players irons ever in the EXS Pro Forged, but the focus on Exotics is always primarily on metalwoods, and rightfully so. 

While that trend of fascinating metal woods definitely looks like it will be continuing with the C721 versions dropping, but David Glod and Tour Edge are out to entirely change the dynamic of perception on their Exotics irons with the C721 and E721 releases. 

Tour-Edge-Exotics-721-Irons-1.jpg

Tour Edge...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Staff
Boom. And I mean boom.

The excitement Tour Edge has for these is unlike I’ve seen them before for any previous release. And they SWEAR that they absolutely nailed the sound.

Great write up as always @Jman
Wow the pricing is fantastic!
Can't wait to read the feedback of those who try them.

I like these! That price is hard to beat!

2021 TEEM will be a great team to be on this year!

Style wise, pretty plain looking. I'll be curious how they look in hand. I like that they don't have a ton of color though which can match any bag setup.

Any in hand side by side picks to show the differences in blade length, topline, Sole width, etc between the two?

Any in hand side by side picks to show the differences in blade length, topline, Sole width, etc between the two?

Not yet, but should be any day now.

• Staff
2021 TEEM will be a great team to be on this year!
This is the truth. TE is coming full bore into 2021 and I’m here for it.

I see you C721 irons :cool:

I like the "powerful long irons, with the feel of a forged blade." Sign me up for that!

Great write-up James. The C721 looks and sounds really good. TE is definitely not skimping on the tech!

I see you C721 irons :cool:

I like the "powerful long irons, with the feel of a forged blade." Sign me up for that!
They are ADAMANT about the sound and feel aspect on these too, it’s sorry of blown me away how confident they are about that. Can’t wait until we start seeing real world feedback on it

They are ADAMANT about the sound and feel aspect on these too, it’s sorry of blown me away how confident they are about that. Can’t wait until we start seeing real world feedback on it
That's great, and I don't think they would just say that without believing it. I've never really considered TEE irons, and I'm not sure if looks alone on this one changes my mind, but if the sound, feel and performance are there, why not give them a try.

TEE seems to be really stepping up their game. I wonder how much of this was due to the increase in golf sales during 2020, affording them the opportunity. Or, more likely, they are riding a wave that has been building for the past few years, providing great performance at a great value. I'm guessing it's the latter, based on the EXS 220 line, but still wonder if they were able to go bigger than originally planned with this entire 721 release.

They have a little bit of a Nike Forged feel to them looks wise and I like it.
Way more refined than that and certainly more tech.

Great to see TEE putting out such good looking irons! The C721 has my interest right away, as I'm still pretty fascinated by hollow body irons, and everything about these kind of amplifies that.

These look really good. Great write up @Jman. Those C721's look very nice.

TEE seems to be really stepping up their game. I wonder how much of this was due to the increase in golf sales during 2020, affording them the opportunity. Or, more likely, they are riding a wave that has been building for the past few years, providing great performance at a great value. I'm guessing it's the latter, based on the EXS 220 line, but still wonder if they were able to go bigger than originally planned with this entire 721 release.
I think its riding the wave, plus, these were likely in design before the big boom, ya know? Either way, youre spot on about them stepping it up. Look at them, then look down the road to W/S and see the stark contrast of "wow" and "ouch"

I think its riding the wave, plus, these were likely in design before the big boom, ya know? Either way, youre spot on about them stepping it up. Look at them, then look down the road to W/S and see the stark contrast of "wow" and "ouch"
Agreed that they were probably in design already. But I always wonder what's in design, that doesn't make it to consumers because of financial or market constraints.

Either way, TEE is looking up, and I'm looking forward to more in hand views and reviews as they come in.

@Jman great write up. Yes they have come a long way with their irons. These are now in the conversation.

TE continues to put out good looking products! Great price point too!

Just a general question about the C/E721 line. Does this replace the EXS220 line ?

Seems it does but was just curious.

Or will there be another release like an EXS221?

Just a general question about the C/E721 line. Does this replace the EXS220 line ?

Does it replace it? Kind of a tricky question. While I can't speak to pre-release equipment, I think their track record has been fairly black and white. Hot Launch releases and then Exotics releases.

Yes, I believe this is the new Exotics line and we will see new HL next time. Total ground up construction. Though they are going to keep the EXS Pro's in line for the time being I believe.

Priced to sell with the same tech as pretty much every other manufacturer. I'm betting if they are given a chance, they will preform just as well. I've been looking to buy a back up set to the set that I don't yet own. I'll put these on what's becoming a pretty short list.

Back