First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

If it makes you both feel better, I am going to get publicly and/or verbally smacked for still having RTx4 in the bag this week hahaha

Just you wait.
GOOD! (y):ROFLMAO:

Let's gooooo!!!

Those bunkers you're practicing in are incredible looking, and huge!! 😏

Ha ha ha, you noticed my off season training hack. Premium white bunker fill. 🙃

Just got a 58 to replace my MD4. I have gotten a few rounds in.

So far what I am seeing after 3 rounds. Zipcore is much easier to hit. I can pop the ball up with no issues. I can go high and mid trajectory at will. Low runners are always hard but it is a 58. If I wanted a bump and run I would use 9 or pw. I am real close to getting 54 and 50 to round out the bag

My set should be delivered to the office by Wednesday afternoon and I’m stuck at home in isolation until Sunday.

The Zipcore feels so pure. And the look :oops:

My grooves are pretty beat, and it’s time to update....

I think I have to go Tour Rack. Can’t get a 62, but I can have the 60 bent. Hmmmm

My grooves are pretty beat, and it’s time to update....

I think I have to go Tour Rack. Can’t get a 62, but I can have the 60 bent. Hmmmm

Thank you for prompting me that Tour Rack are back in stock and available for order, which was not the case a week or two ago. (y)

I'm still really enjoying my 60* Tour Rack. I stuck a couple of nice full swings with it yesterday, and full swings are something I rarely did with other 60* wedges. This one will definitely be in the bag at least until the courses around here firm up during the summer, then I'll likely put the low-bounce 60* RTX4 back in the bag.

Has anyone gotten the Full Grind w/ Custom S- Grind? Thoughts?

Also, how would one compare the Mid w/ Heel Grind versus Heel and Toe Grind? I understand the heel grind allows you to open teh face easier but what does the added toe grind give you in terms in versatility?

Thanks!

No experience with the tour rack, but really enjoying my time with them after a few rounds. I tend to live a bit out on the toe and between the toe milling and the zipcore tech, consider me a believer. I haven't really seen any drop off short and the bounce/grinds have been great. I haven't really chunked one yet, something I couldn't say with much regularity with the last set of wedges.

Has anyone gotten the Full Grind w/ Custom S- Grind? Thoughts?

Also, how would one compare the Mid w/ Heel Grind versus Heel and Toe Grind? I understand the heel grind allows you to open teh face easier but what does the added toe grind give you in terms in versatility?

Thanks!

Having relief at the toe allows you to remove some of the bounce by raising the handle of the shaft and bringing the heel off the ground. There are some lies where this can be useful - off hard pan, out of a divot, or even from a tight lie around the green.

Having relief at the toe allows you to remove some of the bounce by raising the handle of the shaft and bringing the heel off the ground. There are some lies where this can be useful - off hard pan, out of a divot, or even from a tight lie around the green.

Thanks. Any downside? In other words - if you take a normal chip/swing does it play like the regular bounce of the club?

Thanks. Any downside? In other words - if you take a normal chip/swing does it play like the regular bounce of the club?
No downsides I’m aware of unless you’re very steep and/or are playing in really soft conditions. Then, theoretically, the lack of material at the heel and toe might allow the club to dig more deeply. The last wedge I had with heel and toe relief was a Vokey D grind and I never had a problem hitting any shot I needed regardless of conditions.

I love, love, love the ZipCore Wedges. My 58 tour rack is so versatile. It can handle any shot from 85 yards and in. It is great out of the sand, from rough and even off of hard pan. It was a real weapon over my last two rounds.

58* saved me a few times today. Got up and down 3 times, one time out of the sand. For me, this is very good. Allowed me to be aggressive, and have confidence in the Zipcore if I missed.

I agree. 58* is ultra reliable, especially greenside. It's a rare occasion that I'm actually short sided enough that I can't stop it. Usually by then I deserve it. Too much fun.

Such a fan of these wedges! I potentially see a set of black ones in my future

I just got my 46, 50 & 54 in a couple days ago. Haven't had a chance to get to the course yet but hit a couple shots in yard with my Swing Caddie sc200 plus and my yardage were as expected. 46 @ 135, 50 @ 120 & 54 @ 108. I'm replacing my set Mizuno MP 54 pitching wedge with the 46. The 50 & 54 are replacing my Mizuno MP T5 wedges of same degrees. Just holding these in hands feel better than the Mizuno's. Can't wait to get on the course and see how they perform.

Finally got to play today. I have to get use to these. Chipping and pitching the ball jumps off the face compared to my old Mizuno wedges. I was long on most.
This shot was from 116 yards with 46 degree. Just a choked down easy swing. Of course missed the birdie putt and made par.
20210505_122302.jpg

Back