Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

Back on topic though....

The Max LS is a must hit for me. Naked only though...so trade in time? :oops:

I;ll be hitting mine at my sim league tonight to see how it goes. Nothing like having no time to dial it in before hitting a course ( even if virtual ). I'll have to see if I can catch some numbers during warm up.

I;ll be hitting mine at my sim league tonight to see how it goes. Nothing like having no time to dial it in before hitting a course ( even if virtual ). I'll have to see if I can catch some numbers during warm up.

What shaft did you end up with?

What shaft did you end up with?

Currently going with Hzrdous Smoke Black 70g. Also taking my spare Oban Isawa Red shaft with me from my old Epic Flash SZ 2 different shaft profiles to play with. One low/low, the other mid/mid. At some point, I'll be switching adapters on my LINQ Purple 7F5 and give that a run as well.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to hitting these at the outdoor range soon as soon as this absolutely horrific cold spell moves on next week. Speed is the leading contender for me by a lot but will hit both of the other 2 models as well.

Edit, no need to basically repeat the post you quoted.
What does how Spieth is hitting his driver have to do with the amount of buzz he creates?
With Spieth, I don't think he does anything for Titleist or Club Champion.

He does not create equipment buzz with that driver swing. :censored: When I go to the first tee, I'm always telling the group that I want to swing a Titleist Driver 60 yards right, just like Spieth.:sick:

14F39D91-1054-4A02-87A1-AC81940AC8F1.jpeg
5E08FEA8-1498-4BC6-B89E-CE2A95F4B6D1.jpeg
well hello beautiful. A foot of snow on the ground but I’m giddy to have this in hand! Like @Tevenor, I also have sim league that I will be busting this out in. It’s to get in to playoffs though so I don’t know if I’ll commit to it for the night. Otherwise I will do a head to head with my SIM this weekend!

With Spieth, I don't think he does anything for Titleist or Club Champion.

He does not create equipment buzz with that driver swing. :censored: When I go to the first tee, I'm always telling the group that I want to swing a Titleist Driver 60 yards right, just like Spieth.:sick:
I can’t keep derailing this thread to explain what I meant about which players on Tour have a buzz about them, and which don’t.
For some reason you’re fixated on Spieth struggling with his driver, so I’ll end this with a question. Then you can have the last word....
When Tiger and Phil were at their peak, they could be all over the place with their driver. Do you think they created a buzz even though they were missing fairways?

Last edited:
View attachment 8993727
View attachment 8993728
well hello beautiful. A foot of snow on the ground but I’m giddy to have this in hand! Like @Tevenor, I also have sim league that I will be busting this out in. It’s to get in to playoffs though so I don’t know if I’ll commit to it for the night. Otherwise I will do a head to head with my SIM this weekend!

As a fellow lefty, looking forward to your H2H .....

This arrived over the weekend. I really need a relatively warm day to play this weekend (40 degrees will do). I am hitting the range tonight!
20210215_141136.jpg20210215_141116.jpg20210215_141148.jpg

Attachments

• 20210215_141136.jpg
    20210215_141136.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 5
My LS continues to sit in the closet w/ this bad spell of Texas weather upon us. Not 1 hit yet. But that changes next week when the 60’s & 70’s return.

I can’t keep derailing this thread to explain what I meant about which players on Tour have a buzz about them, and which don’t.
For some reason you’re fixated on Spieth struggling with his driver, so I’ll end this with a question. Then you can have the last word....
When Tiger and Phil were at their peak, they could be all over the place with their driver. Do you think they created a buzz even though they were missing fairways?

I thought someone put down the Epic Buzz and mentioned Spieth ... Like Jordan, 🆒 he went to a local high school, but he's not creating buzz with say, a Titleist driver, which you say is not what you meant :censored: -- thought you meant driver buzz.;)

But c'mon, don't take this sh$t seriously.:oops:

i want my epic max and i want it NOW!

i want my epic max and i want it NOW!

Mine is sitting at UPS nearby, and has been for the last few days. Every time they try to deliver, they cut their routes short for the day due to weather. Took extra 3 days for my Apex irons last week for the same.
I know i can’t go hit it with the weather, but I just want to hold it, look at it, pet it, and tell it what a good boy it is and how much fun we’re going to have together this year.

Did my testing Speed VS LS. Speed 9° was the clear winner. As I was heading out, I noticed the club had a 9° Speed in the shop so I helped them re-home it! Giving me $100 off and a box of Chrome Soft X didn’t hurt! I took the club right back to the academy put my Tensei Pro White 50S on it in -1/N setting, put a 14G back weight in it (202G head weight) and went about making magic happen!

CHS: 101 mph
BS: 143.8 mph
LA: 15.4°
Spin: 2083 rpm
Carry: 249.1 yards

LS 9°/10.5° took itself out of the running. Just not enough spin. But with these numbers why do I care! Picked up 7 yards carryover my Mavrik 9° at identical head weight and shaftsetting.
B55591FD-B95F-4697-9836-1AC2A24B79AC.jpeg

Did my testing Speed VS LS. Speed 9° was the clear winner. As I was heading out, I noticed the club had a 9° Speed in the shop so I helped them re-home it! Giving me $100 off and a box of Chrome Soft X didn’t hurt! I took the club right back to the academy put my Tensei Pro White 50S on it in -1/N setting, put a 14G back weight in it (202G head weight) and went about making magic happen!

LS 9°/10.5° took itself out of the running. Just not enough spin. But with these numbers why do I care! Picked up 7 yards carryover my Mavrik 9° at identical head weight and shaftsetting.
That is a great transition then. Awesome to hear.

Great stuff there. Those are about perfect numbers.

My willpower to hold off on doing the same is getting weaker every day.

Can someone post the head weight for each 2021 Epic model; total head weight with stock weight in? Thanks

Loving the look if the new Epic drivers in hand. Great colors and overall appearance!

Logistics is a hot mess in the US right now with all the crappy weather....

Mine is sitting at UPS nearby, and has been for the last few days. Every time they try to deliver, they cut their routes short for the day due to weather. Took extra 3 days for my Apex irons last week for the same.
I know i can’t go hit it with the weather, but I just want to hold it, look at it, pet it, and tell it what a good boy it is and how much fun we’re going to have together this year.
Man, we have a mental illness.

If I understood your post, the LS was lower spin for you than the Speed? That surprises me. These heads are confusing to me.

Those are impressive gains over Mavrik! Nice!

Well, bye bye money...

Epic Max LS and the Speed 3 wood are sick...

Ventus Blue 🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

Back