Time to get more consistent & enjoy the walk a little more

It sounds like you're already off to a great start. Good luck to you, I'll enjoy following your journey this year!

Sounds like you’ve put a solid plan in place to improve consistency which is awesome! I will be following along and pulling for you to make those subtle adjustments/ changes to get your game where you expect.
Just know how lucky you are..... if you were like me, Ive always sucked... you’d already be consistent. 😂😉

Great plan..i look forward to following along

Dude we are on the same page. I don’t play to your level but have the same issues with consistency. I too am tired of shooting low 80s or occasionally high 70s then all of a sudden lucky to break 100. That could even be from one day to the next but typically for me after playing one of my best rounds things start going bad steadily over the next couple to where it is all to pieces.

That is why I am working hard on my game as well. I don’t care to be honest if my consistent score is 83 range and occasionally break 80, I just don’t want to be over 90 on my bad days. I suspect though it will be better then that and a tighter range of scores by the end of the year. I feel like it has to be a lot of time and effort put in if you are going to make big strides but that is what I am doing this year. I haven’t played a round since the first week of January but I have been at the range almost every day it has not been closed due to weather.

Alright Mr. Pkorf! Happy to see you already on the road to progress! Sounds like you are off to the right path and getting better after one or two quick fixes.

Hey remember it's a blast to play the game of golf. I know you want consistency and overall betterment, but make sure you don't lose that fun loving spirit out on the course!

The course is calling, softly under the 8 inches of snow and through single digits... Softly, but getting louder and closer to wet and sloppy March golf!

Good luck on your journey Paul, you certainly have the commitment so I am confident your execution will be successful....keep it up!

This is a cool follow. Thanks for sharing my friend.

Today, for the first time in nearly 21 years (highschool golf) i setup a gameplan with a golf coach (Randy Dietz) for the next year.

I've been talking to Randy and will start lessons with him the beginning of April. I can't wait because I've heard really good things about him. I mentioned it to Cliff, one of the fitters there and he said that I'll have a blast with him.

I've been talking to Randy and will start lessons with him the beginning of April. I can't wait because I've heard really good things about him. I mentioned it to Cliff, one of the fitters there and he said that I'll have a blast with him.

Randy is a great guy! He worked with my son about 2 years ago. My son continues to go back to him for follow ups when necessary.

I will be following your progress. With your gameplan and talent I have no doubt you will succeed!

Dude we are on the same page. I don’t play to your level but have the same issues with consistency. I too am tired of shooting low 80s or occasionally high 70s then all of a sudden lucky to break 100. That could even be from one day to the next but typically for me after playing one of my best rounds things start going bad steadily over the next couple to where it is all to pieces.

That is why I am working hard on my game as well. I don’t care to be honest if my consistent score is 83 range and occasionally break 80, I just don’t want to be over 90 on my bad days. I suspect though it will be better then that and a tighter range of scores by the end of the year. I feel like it has to be a lot of time and effort put in if you are going to make big strides but that is what I am doing this year. I haven’t played a round since the first week of January but I have been at the range almost every day it has not been closed due to weather.

Just try and enjoy the game more! Whatever allows you to do that is what should be the most important thing. Again, for me its less about "lowering my scores" and more about lowering my top end numbers. Its just too wildly all over the map at times lol.

Alright Mr. Pkorf! Happy to see you already on the road to progress! Sounds like you are off to the right path and getting better after one or two quick fixes.

Hey remember it's a blast to play the game of golf. I know you want consistency and overall betterment, but make sure you don't lose that fun loving spirit out on the course!

The course is calling, softly under the 8 inches of snow and through single digits... Softly, but getting louder and closer to wet and sloppy March golf!

Thanks brother! I appreciate you

This is a cool follow. Thanks for sharing my friend.
thanks bro! SSSSSSSTTTTTTOOOOOOPPPPPPPPP SNNNNNOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGGGG 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Awesome! I did a hell of a lot of research to land with Randy. I know he works a ton with Junior golfers and for me thats huge because it means he has the patience I want and has also seen some pretty damn good and bad swings. Not to mention he was a PGA tour caddie for a while, plays locally and has one hell of a resume and is fully dedicated to his clients it seems. The pros at my home course are great guys! They can probably show me a thing or two in my swing. But, their level of dedication and determination for each player as a coach just doesnt seem to be there. No passion. I wish ya the best of sucess and maybe we can meet up one of these days with some other locals!

Randy is a great guy! He worked with my son about 2 years ago. My son continues to go back to him for follow ups when necessary.
Seems great so far! Doesnt seems to throw too much at you right away and wants to work with your current ability as opposed to rewriting the book. Love his demeanor as well.

Just try and enjoy the game more! Whatever allows you to do that is what should be the most important thing. Again, for me its less about "lowering my scores" and more about lowering my top end numbers. Its just too wildly all over the map at times lol.
Yeah that’s my issue too. Just too inconsistent and it drives me insane.

Awesome! I did a hell of a lot of research to land with Randy. I know he works a ton with Junior golfers and for me thats huge because it means he has the patience I want and has also seen some pretty damn good and bad swings. Not to mention he was a PGA tour caddie for a while, plays locally and has one hell of a resume and is fully dedicated to his clients it seems. The pros at my home course are great guys! They can probably show me a thing or two in my swing. But, their level of dedication and determination for each player as a coach just doesnt seem to be there. No passion. I wish ya the best of sucess and maybe we can meet up one of these days with some other locals!

Thanks mate. Absolutely keen on meeting up with other locals. I play out of Windmill Lakes because of the insane deal, but I'll travel elsewhere. I'm a member of another forum and we Ohioans get together a couple of times a year.

First full range session of the year today. Can’t believe I was hitting the ball that well. Worked on every club from top to bottom and probably hit 150 balls total.

found a lot of consistency from PW-6i. 5i/4i were very solid and the 3i was wonky. Lol.

absolutely crushing my driver still and surprisingly found some good swings with my 3w. The range was absolutely packed. Good thing I got there when I did. By the time I was done, there was at least one person waiting at each bay and it was about a 35-50 minute wait. Lol.

sheesh.

First full swing work with the coach coming this Thursday. Can’t wait

There are a bevy of excuses i could give as to why i haven't actually followed through on my previous plans to get better at this game. None of them matter. Kids, covid, weight loss, weight gain, job, life blah blah blah blah blah.

Today, i started a new journey. I enjoy the living hell out of this game. Love playing with friends, colleagues, THPers, family, clients, prospects, strangers......its all good by me. I inevitably always end up having a good time with the folks i play with. (minus the one or two jerkoffs we all come across from time to time). HOWEVER.......

The one thing thats prevented me from always having a smile on my face, is my lack of ability to become a more consistent scorer. I refuse for this to sound like im being a martyr. But, once you get down to a sub 3-4 hdcp, (currently a 6.5 but have been as low as a 1.5) if you wildly fluctuate your cap and your scores from one end of the spectrum to the other.....the fun starts to dwindle. It becomes aggravating at least it has for me. The love fades. It shouldn't be that way. We should all be able to go out and enjoy the game with like minded folks and thats all that matters. Unfortunately theres a score at the end of every round. lol. For me? That score needs to become more consistent. This isn't a journey about getting back down to a super low handicap or playing competitively. Its a journey of taking what the game gives me and working towards being better in my own game and head and with my playing partners. I can have the fun, the laughs, the smiles, the ribbing. What i cant take is the self doubt that shooting 91 one day and 73 the next brings in.

So. Here we are.

Today, for the first time in nearly 21 years (highschool golf) i setup a gameplan with a golf coach (Randy Dietz) for the next year. Yes its going to cost some money. But, i think in the long run the money spent will be well worth it and eventually allow me to enjoy the game that much more. Playing more consistently will help get that done and indirectly have a positive impact that bring scores down id assume.

I will use this thread as my update and accountability to stick to the process as well to let everyone know what im currently working on and how its going.

Dude. I consider you an event brother and you gave some of the best advice possible.

You have the swing and game to be a +. Life gets in the way, I fully get that. I barely played for ten years and have been wildly inconsistent since coming back (-6 66 to well over 100).

You have a repeatable swing that holds up well. I’ll be shocked if you’re not +/- by the end of the year if you commit to it.

At any rate I’ll be following your journey and wishing you the best. You get a Thursday free just let me know. I’ll show you how to screw up a course properly.

Good luck on your journey buddy! I'm right there with ya. Wish I had the time to dedicate to the golf game like I did back when I was younger but it's just not in the cards anymore. Work, kids, family, health … there are just too many other things that come before golf nowadays. I'm just lucky enough to play once a week & take my blows along the way. I'd like to find a decent teaching pro that works with what swing I've got & doesn't try to reinvent the wheel. Problem is finding one around me. :unsure:

Just bumped into this. Enjoy your journey. Will follow along.

30 degrees, flurries and a 15-20mph wind were the conditions today for my next session w/ Randy Dietz @ Windmill Golf Center.

Today was the first of many many many many full swing and other outdoor sessions and I wasn;t about to get off on the wrong track by not putting on some warm clothes. Dont worry they have heaters too, but the recent trend of 'Golf Hoodies" helped out quite a bit today haha. Consider me a believer. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Now, on with the goods........

I showed up a good 1/2 hour early to "warm up" as best i could. It was cold, but Ive gotta be honest......not terrible. For whatever reason, I got loose, cranked up the heater and it was quite enjoyable. lol

I warmed up with about 35 balls, mainly sticking to wedges and short irons. Guessing i hit 5ish shots with my 9i, 7i, then back down to the bottom starting w 56w and back up ending with a few 4i. (4i's in 30 degrees, warmed up or not arent exactly fun lol) Surprisingly i was hitting the ball quite well.

Randy came in around 3 pm. Last time we met, we were indoors and primarily focused on some new putting and chip thoughts. Today was outdoors and we got to see some ball flight. Albeit ball flight into a stiff wind and colder than I can ever remember hitting balls before lol.

He pulled a 9i and watched me hit 8-10 balls. Then grabbed a phone to get some video for me to see. I was hitting the ball great. If i showed you the ball pattern on my 9i, it was square and dab smack in the middle of the club. He said he liked what he saw at inpact but asked me a question. "What do you want to fix, change, amend about your swing exactly?"------------? If im being honest i wasnt quite sure how to respond as I have been working on a number of things. Working on hitting the ball higher. Softer landing. Working on hitting some fades. So my answer was this: Its not so much my entire swing im concerned with as it is a repeatable, consistent swing, ball flight, short game etc. I told him that last year and a number of years prior, I hit the ball low. (none of that was resent today at all, go figure). Anyone whos played with me in the past 3-4 years would say i hit the ball low. He asked "why that was a problem?" To which i replied: I feel like i dont hold enough greens from all sorts of different areas on the course. 52gw-8i are good. Anything over that its hit or miss and anything inside of 105 yds is really really inconsistent depending on the shot i need to produce. I told him i lose a TON of strokes inside of 100yds. When its on....im scoring. When its off its a disaster.

On to what he showed me:

Back