First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

Thanks for all of the write ups in this thread. A lot of good information.

I'm currently playing i200's and they are getting a little long in the tooth. I'm looking for something with a wee bit better distance and feel without losing control. I played the cf16's when they came out and there were pros and cons but overall I had trouble scoring with them due to distance control.

So, for anyone who cares to reply:
- How repeatable is distance for the Apex and the Apex pro?
- How would you compare the feel of these to a cast club like the i200?
- How is the Apex pro distance? How is the gapping?
- Just as an open ended question, for someone who has played both the i200/i210 and the apex pro 21, how would you compare them?

I joined the club today, order placed thru my club for 5-AW Apex Pros with MMT shafts. Pretty excited in joining the fraternity.

I joined the club today, order placed thru my club for 5-AW Apex Pros with MMT shafts. Pretty excited in joining the fraternity.

yes! cant wait to hear what you think. pros are so good.

I hit my Apex irons with MMT 95 stiff shafts at the range last night. It was cold and wet but i couldn't wait any longer. These feel so good on well struck shots and the performance on misses is so good. I'm still in the middle of a swing change but these felt incredible.

i love the apex mb's. but i really need more forgiveness, especially in long irons. but decided to order a full set or pros to compare (same shafts, stock specs).....ANNNNDDDDDDDDD they're backordered.

Ship dates change almost every day between next week and the week after. Whenever they get here I’m taking a trip down south.

Notification that my Pros have shipped...and they are supposed to be here tomorrow. Oh boy. Please weather, don't ruin this for me

Thanks for all of the write ups in this thread. A lot of good information.

I'm currently playing i200's and they are getting a little long in the tooth. I'm looking for something with a wee bit better distance and feel without losing control. I played the cf16's when they came out and there were pros and cons but overall I had trouble scoring with them due to distance control.

So, for anyone who cares to reply:
- How repeatable is distance for the Apex and the Apex pro?
- How would you compare the feel of these to a cast club like the i200?
- How is the Apex pro distance? How is the gapping?
- Just as an open ended question, for someone who has played both the i200/i210 and the apex pro 21, how would you compare them?
I was only able to test the 7i of the Apex and Apex Pro lineup but I can say the numbers were repeatable...especially in the pro. I had strings of 2-3 shots that were near identical in distance and spin. The Apex was about a half club longer, but I was still carrying the Apex Pro 7i 170-175yds fairly consistently.

How would you rank the following irons?

ZX7 vs 921 Tour vs Apex pro vs P770

How would you rank the following irons?

ZX7 vs 921 Tour vs Apex pro vs P770
You're going to get a lot of different answers to that. They're all going to suit certain people, or not, in different ways, and they're all good clubs in their own right.

23913CFB-04AE-4ED1-8114-5A6118948BDC.jpeg
82664E99-FA7F-4525-8971-DCDAA3BD9D59.jpeg
56B933F0-B0D2-43CF-862C-5459E149C13F.jpeg
303E2468-9FB4-4480-9200-B1BD0EF96B62.jpeg
Oh. My. God. These are perfect🔥

That mine are correct and don't all say 'Tungsten' lol
Ya. That part. :LOL:

They look good. What's the turquoise grips about? Just like the look, or does that color mean something to you,?

Ya. That part. :LOL:

They look good. What's the turquoise grips about? Just like the look, or does that color mean something to you,?
Just have always preferred some blue on my grips and thought these would look pretty slick with the MMTs. I was right :D

My new set is so pretty I did this!

Attachments

• 3837C5F5-B2F5-4077-855D-E3EF20B17D0D.jpeg
    3837C5F5-B2F5-4077-855D-E3EF20B17D0D.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 36
The date on my apex pros were just changed to back ordered and expected date in June. They took my money on 2/2.

I'll be contacting for a refund tomorrow.
Are you serious? June?

Hit a Callaway demo day today and tried the new Apex 21 DCB w/ Elevate 95 shafts. The forgiveness and distance was astounding. First demo (I've only done 3, all this year) where I really felt like the game could be a lot easier.

Back