Was torn between the 425, 410, and STz. Since Mizuno just isn't available to try anywhere up here and has massive delays after ordering I was going to get 410 to save some bucks.

But I grabbed a 425, threw a ball down and took 1 swing. Sold. Took a few more swings for fun. Flight was nice and hung in the air a little (which i couldn't get out of Flash or Sim TI) and it seemed easy to find the sweet spot.

Expensive swing, but hopefully it translates to the course.

I know my hearing isn’t the best but I didn’t the sound to be as bad as I was anticipating. Is there a chance that some heads are more muted than others?

I know my hearing isn’t the best but I didn’t the sound to be as bad as I was anticipating. Is there a chance that some heads are more muted than others?

did you hit max or lst? i hit max indoors in a bay and i actually quite liked it. granted i don't swing as fast as some people, so maybe speed has something to do with it.

did you hit max or lst? i hit max indoors in a bay and i actually quite liked it. granted i don't swing as fast as some people, so maybe speed has something to do with it.
Sorry should have mentioned it was the max, they didn’t have the lst. Honestly the sound didn’t bother me and didn’t think it was overly loud?? My ball speed with it was down a few mph vs the max ls but that could be the difference in the shaft I used. I was getting 155mph with the ping vs 159-161mph with the max ls. I wish they had the lst and something other than the Alta shaft to try

Sorry should have mentioned it was the max, they didn’t have the lst. Honestly the sound didn’t bother me and didn’t think it was overly loud?? My ball speed with it was down a few mph vs the max ls but that could be the difference in the shaft I used. I was getting 155mph with the ping vs 159-161mph with the max ls. I wish they had the lst and something other than the Alta shaft to try

wow that's a big jump in ball speed for the max ls. would be nice to see your numbers with the same shaft. the bonehead at pgatss gave me entirely different shafts to try with the 425 max and epic max. i had already tried the epic max once and loved its feel and sound, but with the stock im10 50 6.0. when i hit 425 max against epic max, the shafts he gave me were rogue 130 70s and tensei blue 65 s, respectively. with those setups, the 425 max felt/sounded better than epic max to me, but epic max was more consistent and the best strikes went farther. epic max didn't have the hard hook that 425 max did.

@McLovin it was a huge difference and I could feel the difference when swinging the 2. Can’t explain why I was swinging the Callaway faster. I am a Ping homer and had planned on buying the g425 lst site unseen until I started hitting the Callaway heads. It has me all confused because I haven’t gotten along with Callaway drivers for quite some time. By the way I hope Ping doesn’t get rid of the turbulators on their drivers like they did fairways and hybrids.

Hit 20 or 30 balls with my new G425 Max 5 wood at the range today. I have it in the Flat/0 setting.
Pros:
-Flight is SILLY good off the tee. High, straight, and long.
-Looks good at address. The loft presents itself nicely without looking closed.
-Stock Alta CB shaft is surprisingly solid
-Noticeably easier to hit off the floor than any other 5 wood I've tried in the last couple years (which isn't saying much - I'm a TERRIBLE fairway wood player)

Cons:
-Sounds bad. Maybe it's just different....but to me it's bad. Sort of sounds like a weight is loose or something.
-Stock grip with the Arccos implant stinks. Traction was an issue with this club today, but none of my other clubs. (I normally play a CP2 Pro)

Early summary:
It's not getting returned right away, which is more than my SIM TI, Mavrik, or TEE could say. My goal was to have more horsepower to attack par 5s and from what I've seen this could be the ticket. I probably only hit 6/10 well off the deck, but those 6 were what I've been looking for.

I haven't followed closely in a few months. How is Ping handling turnaround time on custom orders now that the G425 are in stores now?

I haven't followed closely in a few months. How is Ping handling turnaround time on custom orders now that the G425 are in stores now?
I asked my pro to order my G425 Max on Wednesday, 2/10/21, it arrived on Monday, 2/15/21. Nothing custom though. Ordered the standard shaft in regular flex.

I asked my pro to order my G425 Max on Wednesday, 2/10/21, it arrived on Monday, 2/15/21. Nothing custom though. Ordered the standard shaft in regular flex.
Thatt's sort of what I'm thinking on the G425 MAX driver. I would just be ordering one of the standard offerings. Just nobody actually carries it in stock as a lefty.

Hit 20 or 30 balls with my new G425 Max 5 wood at the range today. I have it in the Flat/0 setting.
Pros:
-Flight is SILLY good off the tee. High, straight, and long.
-Looks good at address. The loft presents itself nicely without looking closed.
-Stock Alta CB shaft is surprisingly solid
-Noticeably easier to hit off the floor than any other 5 wood I've tried in the last couple years (which isn't saying much - I'm a TERRIBLE fairway wood player)

Cons:
-Sounds bad. Maybe it's just different....but to me it's bad. Sort of sounds like a weight is loose or something.
-Stock grip with the Arccos implant stinks. Traction was an issue with this club today, but none of my other clubs. (I normally play a CP2 Pro)

Early summary:
It's not getting returned right away, which is more than my SIM TI, Mavrik, or TEE could say. My goal was to have more horsepower to attack par 5s and from what I've seen this could be the ticket. I probably only hit 6/10 well off the deck, but those 6 were what I've been looking for.

Agree with the 5 wood assessment. I have a Sim Max 3 Wood (and a Callaway Rogue before that), and have never really felt comfortable with them. I go through stretches where they go well off the tee. But I just can’t hit them off the deck at all. After reading about the G425 5 wood, I finally tried it, and wow. Can hit it off the deck and tee well, straight flights. I’m still trying to figure out distance, but it‘s in the 215-240 territory on the simulator (I’m hitting my driver 250-265 right now, 98-100mph swing speed).

My plan is to shelve the 3 wood for now. But I do need to figure out my hybrid situation now. May just keep the 4 hybrid for now.

Thatt's sort of what I'm thinking on the G425 MAX driver. I would just be ordering one of the standard offerings. Just nobody actually carries it in stock as a lefty.
The specs for the standard shaft match the specs of the Atmos Red 5R2 shaft in my Mizuno ST190. That shaft suits my swing well, so I'm hoping the Alta CB Slate will too.

The specs for the standard shaft match the specs of the Atmos Red 5R2 shaft in my Mizuno ST190. That shaft suits my swing well, so I'm hoping the Alta CB Slate will too.
I'm using a 65g R flex Evenflow Black in my G410 I plan to keep. I've always felt the stock Alta shaft was a bit too whippy for me so I think I might order the Tour shaft or the Tensei Orange just to have and try out. I'm pretty happy with the Evenflow. My biggest issue is that no stores carry the 9* LH head in stock around here. The only lefty clubs I see on the shelf in R flex are 10.5 or the one 9* head I've seen was in stiff flex, which might not be a bad fit for me from a stability standpoint. I have tried the stiff flex in the G400 Max.

I'm using a 65g R flex Evenflow Black in my G410 I plan to keep. I've always felt the stock Alta shaft was a bit too whippy for me so I think I might order the Tour shaft or the Tensei Orange just to have and try out. I'm pretty happy with the Evenflow. My biggest issue is that no stores carry the 9* LH head in stock around here. The only lefty clubs I see on the shelf in R flex are 10.5 or the one 9* head I've seen was in stiff flex, which might not be a bad fit for me from a stability standpoint. I have tried the stiff flex in the G400 Max.
If my experience was a typical example, you should receive 1 quickly once you order it.

When I ordered my irons they said 5 weeks because the shaft was on back order. If it had been something they had on hand they said it would be 2-3 weeks

Picked up a G425 LST 10.5* and it's a cracker of a driver, feels like I can swing it fast with much less consequence compared to other drivers I have tested. Oh so stable and gives me the right feedback and numbers for a gamer driver that I need right now.

When I ordered my irons they said 5 weeks because the shaft was on back order. If it had been something they had on hand they said it would be 2-3 weeks
That’s not bad at all. I’m also about 6 weeks out minimum from getting on a course so that’s easy to deal with with all this snow right now.

This 5 wood is absolutely tasty. Was hitting 150 ball speed on my Garmin G80 (no idea how accurate this thing is) with it, and my driver was 153-155. Impressive.

I'm super curious to give the irons a go. If I base my game off of last year, I didn't practice much, didn't play nearly enough. So going with something more forgiving wouldn't kill me. Plus whenever I play more of a GI iron I wonder why I ever step away from them.

Feel like this was my same spot 2 years ago. I liked a lot about g410 but the new Srixon and Callaway options then grabbed my attention more. Just kind of rambling here because it's happening again with the same 3 players haha

Back