What were you seeing in the two heads relative to each other?

Pretty close performance wise for me. Both had identical max ballspeed and similar average yesterday. Similar peak height, similar carry, both setup at 9* (12g back in the RadSpeed). They even have similar slightly firm feel to them, which is not a bad thing. If anything, I think the Cobra may play a slightly flatter ball flight for me. I had a few drop into the sub 2k zone with RadSpeed like 16xx and 17xx rpm on a toe-side draw, which is a little bit of a warning flag for me. The TSi3 stayed above 2k rpm on mishit, ie. I almost missed one off the toe, all the way off the face, and still spun about 2200 and finished on target, with very surprising ballspeed retention.

I would love you to ask what the thinking on this was at your Q and A at the Morgan Cup. I get the potential for more club/ball speed, but 46” is getting to where I would think many who would be the target player for that profile are going to have trouble squaring up the head.
I’ll try and get that info for you even sooner than that!

They totally got the sound right again this year, much more pleasing than SpeedZone imo
I couldn’t agree more. I’m not sure it’s the best sounding current model but it’s much better than the SpeedZone for sure. I wasn’t a fan of SZ sound but it did grow on me as the year went on.

I would love you to ask what the thinking on this was at your Q and A at the Morgan Cup. I get the potential for more club/ball speed, but 46” is getting to where I would think many who would be the target player for that profile are going to have trouble squaring up the head.

Yeah, saw a review today where they are digging into the XB vs the Xtreme and they commented on the length and how upright that 46 going to be for the common player

Battle between this and Max LS?

Not really. I mean all of them are in the studio, so its just which to grab. Currently the B21 is the driver in my bag.
See how THP Experiences shake out and which ones feature drivers before I jump in.

Hoping to get out tomorrow or Friday while the kids are in school to demo this. Feedback from you guys has been so good already.

Yeah, saw a review today where they are digging into the XB vs the Xtreme and they commented on the length and how upright that 46 going to be for the common player
I likely saw the one you are referencing. For those who are concerned, the XB has a flatter lie in the 9 than the 10.5.

Not really. I mean all of them are in the studio, so its just which to grab. Currently the B21 is the driver in my bag.
See how THP Experiences shake out and which ones feature drivers before I jump in.

Beauty is you can dial in perfectly the look, feel and performance ; feeding info to the masses who have similar taste;)

The LS has been a consistent ballspeed monster on monitor......would love to get on course checking dispersion

One thing that still sticks out, is how low spin the Radspeed was for Jeremy when we were in the Lab, tuning it in though made all the difference for him and it was SUPER exciting to see.

One thing that still sticks out, is how low spin the Radspeed was for Jeremy when we were in the Lab, tuning it in though made all the difference for him and it was SUPER exciting to see.

I saw that lower spin too. Can't wait until I get to hit the XB, I think I spin my G400 MAX too much, over 3200.

Serious ponder on the XB. already decided to unload my Xtreme. It’s either this, or I get another wild hair and get another JDM driver

Serious ponder on the XB. already decided to unload my Xtreme. It’s either this, or I get another wild hair and get another JDM driver
Who are we kidding, we all know you’ll do both. :ROFLMAO:;)

Who are we kidding, we all know you’ll do both. :ROFLMAO:;)
Oh man. I know. I'm pondering a Eon Giga HS797 since I can get at a good deal, but for the cost I can get an XB. But then I keep going back to, is it that much of an improvement over my Xtreme?? Help!!

Oh man. I know. I'm pondering a Eon Giga HS797 since I can get at a good deal, but for the cost I can get an XB. But then I keep going back to, is it that much of an improvement over my Xtreme?? Help!!
It sounds a ton better, but it’s also lower spin IME. I truly do think the radial weighting is the real deal.

It sounds a ton better, but it’s also lower spin IME. I truly do think the radial weighting is the real deal.

XB is also lower spin? Thought that was more the Radspeed. Is Radspeed spin numbers higher with heavy weight back for you?

XB is also lower spin? Thought that was more the Radspeed. Is Radspeed spin numbers higher with heavy weight back for you?
The XB was lower than the SZ Extreme for me by a bit, yeah. Not as drastic as SZ to Rad, no.

Oh well. Just bought a Peacoat head. Going to reuse my House of Forged Quicksilver shaft. Hopefully this will be the one!

I ordered the XB today, 10.5* with Riptide.
I spoke with the Cobra rep this morning, and after I told him I loved the 9* Speedzone Extreme my club allowed me to play last year while Ping repaired the shaft on my 400max, he told me to loft up with the Rad, as it was designed to be lower spin than the SZ extreme.
He was on the money, both in loft and shaft recommendations. I thought for sure I’d end up with either one of the 425 or Epic Max drivers, but this Cobra looks like the club that finally knocks the 400 Max out of my bag.
Hopefully it performs on the course the way it did in testing... 🙏🏻

Last edited:
Finally got to see the radspeed and XB driver in hand. I originally was thinking the XB would be the head I would choose but don’t think I could. It just looked too big to my eye especially beside the regular radspeed which has a very nice shape. Didn’t have time to hit either

Finally got to see the radspeed and XB driver in hand. I originally was thinking the XB would be the head I would choose but don’t think I could. It just looked too big to my eye especially beside the regular radspeed which has a very nice shape. Didn’t have time to hit either
I guess we all see things differently.
Today was decision day for me with the ‘21 drivers. I’ve been playing the 400 Max from the day it came out. I loved the look of the XB, and the 425 Max was the head that looked way too big to my eye.
Who knows, maybe I just needed to look down at something different?

Thats interesting. The little bit I saw of Dufner yesterday he was hitting cuts. :unsure:
That heel weight makes controlling a cut easy. My B21 hasn't eliminated my cut, it has just made it a very consistent amount of cut if that makes sense.

Bought an XB the other day AND a G425 SFT. So I can compare

Back