Do you think 6,500 yds is a long course?

Is 6,500 yds a long course?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

*Range Rat

Chop since 1977
Reaction score
Handicap
poor skill
Simple straightforward question, don't complicate it please.
I know it depends on elevation changes, uphill, downhill, etc.
Just, in general, when you see a course yardage listed at 6,500 yds do you think 'That's a long course' or not.
Thanks to all with honest responses.

For me, that would probably be my upper limit. I’d consider that a decent knock.

For me, 6500 yards is a bit more than I am comfortable playing. Once I get past the driver, my club distances drop off drastically. I don't like having to hit a fairway or hybrid into every par 4, so yes I consider 6500 long. But that's based on my personal game.

In general do I consider 6500 long? No. I know there are other golfers out there who will consider that short, so it's good for the course to have the capability of offering multiple options for both of us.

That's a long course.

No. It’s about perfect for me.

For me, yes. In the grand scheme of things, no.

In the general scheme of golf, no.

For me, I need to put the driver out there about 240-250 to have fun (more birdie opportunities). I prefer to play 6500 and am working to poke it out there consistently with all clubs.

I voted personally, which is no, but do I think it’s long for 95% of golfers? Yes.

no, that is my sweet spot. 6,300 - 6,700 depending on other conditions.

No, but it's getting close, for me.

It's long, but not ridiculously long. Basically equal to the back tees where I normally play.

I think 6,500 yards is just right!

6500 is toward the upper length of my comfort zone but I wouldn't consider it long by normal standards.

If 6500 is from the regular men’s tees, it shouldn’t be too long for me if I can move up from them to the senior tees.

Yes, but I’m a short hitter so.....

No, it’s not long, but it’s my upper limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back