What's for Dinner?

Last night - had a Valentine's Day virtual Zoom dinner with a girlfriend of mine ... King Salmon and Asparagus and 2 glasses of a field blend red wine. First time I cooked salmon - turned out well.

Made a slow cooker pot roast w/ potatoes and carrots yesterday. Turned out great! Have a recipe I've tweaked over the years and it's pretty much foolproof.

Saturday we tried a new recipe - Mexican Street Corn Soup - nice bit of heat to it, especially with some fresh bread

Last night we had rump steaks

Making black beans and rice with andouille sausage and fresh chopped habaneros and onions added.

Pulled pork bbq tonight

Chicken and cheese enchiladas

Big Italian style salad with shredded provolone, pepperoni, garbanzo beans, lettuce, and small hot peppers. w/ creamy Italian dressing

oh. and wings. my god the wings. Garlic Parmesan crispy wings. Not the crap kind made with garlic parm dressing. Im talkin' actually garlic and actual Parmesan cheese melted on top. 👀👀👀

A quick dinner of Chicken/Mozzarella Ravioli with red marina and grated parmesan. Glass of Zinfandel-based red wine

Tired tonight, so giving the Ninja cooking duty, Air fried trout filets with panko crust and a side dish of quinoa cooked in asparagus and chicken broth then topped with cherry tomatoes and asparagus cooked prior in the Ninja with a cheese topping and finally finished in the oven. Fat Tuesday wine is a Beajolais, nothing fancy.

Crock pot turkey breast with green beans and butternut squash.

Popeye's Chicken Sandwich and fries. Actually got the sandwich free for trying their new Cajun Flounder Sandwich on launch day and paying $.15 extra for insurance if I didn't like it. Liked it and did not complain but they loaded an offer for a free chicken sandwich into my account for buying the insurance. Sweet deal!

Popeye's Chicken Sandwich and fries. Actually got the sandwich free for trying their new Cajun Flounder Sandwich on launch day and paying $.15 extra for insurance if I didn't like it. Liked it and did not complain but they loaded an offer for a free chicken sandwich into my account for buying the insurance. Sweet deal!
I have been wanting to try the Cajun flounder.

I have been wanting to try the Cajun flounder.

I thought it was very solid. My wife didn't really care for the tarter sauce they put on it but I got mine without. Prefer squeezing lemon on my fried fish.

Just a simple chicken and chips tonight

When you nail the perfect flip it’s a thing of beauty

EBDAA964-C366-4C56-92A1-7FD9C4B42EE8.jpeg

Going over to my brothers house this evening. Blackened Catfish, Hush puppies, Fried potatoes, Mac n cheese and BBQ beans.

Likely to be jello. Heading to hospital to get first ever oversized kidney stone (I’ve had the pleasure of having about 15, but passed them all). This one’s being stubborn. Hasn’t moved in about 48 hours so unlikely to be passable. I hope they’re able to do the water blast method, I don’t want chopped any more. Of course then I have to still pass them. Hmm. I’ll go with what he doc says I guess.

Should be a fun night.

Yay.

Likely to be jello. Heading to hospital to get first ever oversized kidney stone (I’ve had the pleasure of having about 15, but passed them all). This one’s being stubborn. Hasn’t moved in about 48 hours so unlikely to be passable. I hope they’re able to do the water blast method, I don’t want chopped any more. Of course then I have to still pass them. Hmm. I’ll go with what he doc says I guess.

Should be a fun night.

Yay.
Good Luck bud.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Good Luck bud.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Thanks. Shocker of the night. I’m home. I don’t have a single stone in my kidney. I do have a major issue with a displaced rib but it’s not an emergency. Will need taken out but will have to go the route of normal so it’ll probably jack up next golf season.

But I’m not being chopped up tonight.

Dunno on dinner. Probably an Orange after all the excitement today.

Reverse seared filets, oscar style
96A74C6C-879E-4C0D-8A74-E73CBF0C2999.jpeg8F47AE18-A69D-4280-A9ED-31F9136A5E64.jpeg

Salad night. Arugula with grilled chicken, chickpeas, mushrooms, blueberries, strawberries, mushrooms, walnuts, and crumbled blue cheese.

Taco salad!

Back