The Official Banter Away Thread

Found @KEV in my backyard this morning & suddenly this week in Texas weather all made sense. I told him to go home & take his weather w/ him.

😉

View attachment 8994092
What a handsome snowman! 🤪 You almost have more snow on the ground then we do!

I have now been in my new job for 2 months and 4 days and I just got the okay to hire 2 people! Four months ago, I was what I would consider the lowest point of my lifetime. Now I cannot wait to wake up and conquer the next day.

Wife: what do you want for lunch?
Me: bacon cheese fries and mozzarella sticks
Wife: I think I’m gonna order greek
😓

It’s really hard to get banned from THP or even sent to “time out”. As juvenile as it sounds it does happen though. Simple philosophy and rules really.

Fo with personal insults or attacks, and you will be sent away. Sometimes for a few days to cool down, other times for weeks if it’s multiple offenses already or enough people complain it repeatedly.

Having to do it is absurd on the surface but eventually you realize that some people just can’t help themselves and are just not nice.

It’s really hard to get banned from THP or even sent to “time out”. As juvenile as it sounds it does happen though. Simple philosophy and rules really.

Fo with personal insults or attacks, and you will be sent away. Sometimes for a few days to cool down, other times for weeks if it’s multiple offenses already or enough people complain it repeatedly.

Having to do it is absurd on the surface but eventually you realize that some people just can’t help themselves and are just not nice.

Yes, I have found this forum to be pretty tolerant. I know of one golf forum that is very heavy-handed and utterly intolerant. And, some of the posts I have seen on THP would definitely get you suspended/banned over there.

Yes, I have found this forum to be pretty tolerant. I know of one golf forum that is very heavy-handed and utterly intolerant. And, some of the posts I have seen on THP would definitely get you suspended/banned over there.

I agree. I’ve been worked up a few times. I don’t try to stay that way and lots of the times it’s just misread as I tend to be a little on the sarcastic side.

Every time I’ve been wrong I admit it and move on. I took a thread getting locked a week or so ago as a warning of “don’t do that anymore” (don’t think it has anything to do with the arguing going on that night but didn’t bother to go back and see) so I won’t.

I try to be a positive member. I try to realize when my brain isn’t working right and either not post or just post positive replies. But sometimes you’re just dead wrong. I try to avoid that here as it is a happy place. I have met and made tons of real friends on this place. If the snow were to clear today (fat fracking chance) there’s a dozen guys I could call up and most of them would go play a round today. If it didn’t look like the damn arctic circle.

That thing has possibilities as a swing plane trainer. Get in into the backyard quickly!

Lol!

“Just keep your hands getting sliced on the turbine and stay on that plane, errrr jet”

Played some poker last night at a friends. Back at home today wife is bringing real housewives... at least I got some much needed dude time to not go too insane

@JB I promise you this is not a political related post - if you've ever been to a certain Canadian coffee chain during "that time of year" you'll understand. Local newspaper editorial cartoon:
fe3bc7df1166c879ab1431a44c8dc117_width-600.jpg

I'm usually "nice", whatever that means. I don't go out of my way to offend. But, occasionally, I will come across something that trips my trigger. What should I do?! Stay silent? This is a webforum and is meant to be responsive. Therefore, I will respond! But, I will say right now, that I have never been, am not now, nor ever will be, PC!

I think I know what forum you are referring to. I am a refugee from there. I find this place much more enjoyable. The guy who owns the former is a far left wacko, and will tolerate no dissension from the party line! I have been gently warned here one time, and been allowed to carry on.

I'm usually "nice", whatever that means. I don't go out of my way to offend. But, occasionally, I will come across something that trips my trigger. What should I do?! Stay silent? This is a webforum and is meant to be responsive. Therefore, I will respond! But, I will say right now, that I have never been, am not now, nor ever will be, PC!

I think I know what forum you are referring to. I am a refugee from there. I find this place much more enjoyable. The guy who owns the former is a far left wacko, and will tolerate no dissension from the party line! I have been gently warned here one time, and been allowed to carry on.
It’s very simple. There is nothing, on this forum, that should have politics attached to it. And yet this response even does as a message about elsewhere haha. If that’s too hard for someone, we understand, this just isn't a place for them. Good news is there are millions of places that politics can be discussed freely and people can scream at each other through type all day long.

Just simple rules really. No politics. No personal attacks. No spam. If someone can’t follow these rules, I kind of feel sorry for them.

I have posted a couple of pretty innocuous things and boy, did the hammer come down. For example, there was a thread about why professional golfers avoid the left side of a hole, and I replied maybe because they are Republicans? Indefinitely suspended, lol.

Back