Sim golf addiction.

Pops

Formerly Bbutler
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone else suffer from this addiction. It is a true disorder both my buddy and I have. 18 holes in an hour leads to another 18.

I don't have one particularly local so I never really make it a point to go. There's one close to work but ill have to see if I can do the monthly membership to make it worth it

I don't have one particularly local so I never really make it a point to go. There's one close to work but ill have to see if I can do the monthly membership to make it worth it
Our issue is it so handy. It’s built in upstairs at my shop. No waiting no crowds

I'm a member, so rounds are free. We can get together.

I love sim golf because I don't have to putt, look for my ball, worry about weather, and I'm not tired afterwards.

My home course has heated bays with TopTracer, which also includes virtual golf. I am not addicted to it, but it's fun playing a round of golf after practicing. And, you always have a perfect lie, as well as some built in mat forgiveness. I wish I could play on the course the way I play virtual golf, lol.

My home course has heated bays with TopTracer, which also includes virtual golf. I am not addicted to it, but it's fun playing a round of golf after practicing. And, you always have a perfect lie, as well as some built in mat forgiveness. I wish I could play on the course the way I play virtual golf, lol.
Agreed.

For some reason, sim golf does not do much for me. I would much rather just spend the time on the launch monitor, working on my swing.

For some reason, sim golf does not do much for me. I would much rather just spend the time on the launch monitor, working on my swing.
That’s why you are near scratch and I’m hoping to get to a 9.something.

That’s why you are near scratch and I’m hoping to get to a 9.something.
I am not critical at all of those who enjoy sim golf. Let me be clear about that.

I am not critical at all of those who enjoy sim golf. Let me be clear about that.
Sim golf is becoming a sport of its own. We built it to improve. Which I have. Not sure I can say the same for my buddy. :ROFLMAO:

living in Canada, its either Sim golf of no golf this time of year. So ya I'm addicted :D
My sim lets you drop anywhere on the course, and hit shots from there. So I practice lots of different situations.

I enjoy simulator golf when there's no other option to play real golf. But I'd probably have more fun just practicing on a launch monitor.

I think my main hang up is that I get no satisfaction from a good score. Which leads to the question "what am I even doing here?"

My one friend only golfed outside for under 10 rounds last year he says, and golfs daily on his sim due to cost. And won his club championship by 7 strokes irl.

I enjoy simulator golf when there's no other option to play real golf. But I'd probably have more fun just practicing on a launch monitor.

I think my main hang up is that I get no satisfaction from a good score. Which leads to the question "what am I even doing here?"
I think that is the same for me. The full swings translate well, but the short game and putting are so much different than being out on a real course. If my weather locked me out of golf completely for four months, I am sure that I would feel differently. However, we are usually playing locally from March into November and during the other months, I can get to a golf course in four hours, so I make several weekend road trips. I figure the other time is much better spent working on my swing on a launch monitor at the same hourly rate.

Same. A lot of my buddies play dozens of rounds of sim golf at our club each winter while I prefer to spend 90% of my sim time hitting wedges and short irons. Now that outdoor golf is only about 5 weeks away here I’ll be spending a couple of days each week on the sim getting my golf game ready.

Well stated. I have never taken a swing on a simulator. It’s just something that I’m not interested in doing. To each his own, I guess.

Last edited:
I had 127 rounds on my garage sim last year. Not sure what you’re talking about.

Honestly though with an airline job, 2 girls in competitive sports, a boat and a travel trailer, I don’t have a ton of time to break away for 5 hours at a time. Our season is also from March to October.

Sim golf allows me to get my fix. I still prefer the real thing but it’s nice to just step into the sim for an hour.

If my buddy lived closer, I'd play all the time. As is, it's a 90 minute drive so I've played 3 times since new year and going down again next Saturday.

it's winter here from October to April, so I'd rather gets swings in than not.

Anyone else suffer from this addiction. It is a true disorder both my buddy and I have. 18 holes in an hour leads to another 18.
Im so jealous! I wish I could have this addiction 😢

I had 127 rounds on my garage sim last year. Not sure what you’re talking about.

Honestly though with an airline job, 2 girls in competitive sports, a boat and a travel trailer, I don’t have a ton of time to break away for 5 hours at a time. Our season is also from March to October.

Sim golf allows me to get my fix. I still prefer the real thing but it’s nice to just step into the sim for an hour.
I have played 50 this year. Didn’t kept track last year.

I might be the opposite. It’s fun for a little bit but I miss seeing the actual flight and being outside. I end up playing too fast to get the most bang for my buck since they charge by the hour too.

Im so jealous! I wish I could have this addiction 😢
You have a standing invite. A guy I think you know my the name of Russell is a relative of my buddy that I built it with. He is coming up one of these days.

I have a place 3 minutes from my house(1899 CLE East) so during these Winter months it's great to play. I play every 2 weeks with my buddies, we made a 3 man league. 3 hours costs each of us $42.50 and it's fun to play. So far we have played: Silverleaf CC, PGA National, Glenn Abbey, Muirfield Village, Spyglass Hills. Next up on or tour are Pebble Beach, Royal Troon and finish up at St. Andrews. That will take us up to April 1st and my league will start roughly the 2nd week of April.
Just a side note on the name of my place-1899 Golf, is because that is when the First Golf Course opened in OHIO- Ottawa Hills Golf Course in Toledo, OH. This course is Public and still open. I played it while I was attending the University of Toledo.

Our issue is it so handy. It’s built in upstairs at my shop. No waiting no crowds

If I had one at my house my wife might never see me again. As it is I drive an hour each way every weekend for 2 hours on a sim.

Gosh isn’t that the truth... I forget what course I played but shot like a 74. If I were there it’d be more like a 94 lol

Back