2021 Better You Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough of this cold stuff. I'm getting cabin fever. Heading to the gym. I have a 4 wheel drive truck. Will check back in after the gym.

Alright here we go... usually lent is for giving up things... this year i am adding to better myself. Gym 4 times a week with healthy eating! Super speed 3x a week!

My man! Minus the Superspeed this is me now. You likely wouldn’t recognize me if we were to run into each other. I’ve lost 60-70# since I met you. With my swing having enough rotation and speed I haven’t worried much about getting faster, more about getting into some semblance of shape.

Well I don’t really do “gym” but I’ll get my workouts sparring or beating the living hell out of the heavy bag in the basement. Oh I can work up a good sweat there. It’s like blood leaking out when I start dropping sweat. I don’t like it but sometimes needed, 😂.

I'm 60. Was 307 a year ago, now 219. Goal is to get to 207. Maybe 200 if I'm feeling sadistic.

At first, after seeing my nutritionist and fixing a bad diet, I began exercise in say June 2020.

Now, I do about 2 hours a day, 4 days a week. On off days, I work on putting and my swing.

Mostly I do about 20 minutes of weights, arms core, back and legs.

Then 10-20 on stairmaster, followed by a 5k on my treadmill.

Goal is simple, hit 207-200. And get the 5k under 32 minutes. I'm at 34 now, was at about 40 last June.

I'm 60. Was 307 a year ago, now 219. Goal is to get to 207. Maybe 200 if I'm feeling sadistic.

At first, after seeing my nutritionist and fixing a bad diet, I began exercise in say June 2020.

Now, I do about 2 hours a day, 4 days a week. On off days, I work on putting and my swing.

Goal is simple, hit 207-200. And get the 5k under 32 minutes. I'm at 34 now, was at about 40 last June.
Way to go, that’s some serious achievement! Keep up the great work.

For the first time in a long time I feel like I may have a sustainable routine! 💪

Oh, and get the BMI down as bit more too. That'd help!

Thanks for the kind thoughts as well.

Well crap, got to the gym and the doors were locked even though online said they were open. Decided to shovel snow from driveway and sidewalk instead.

I thought I’d made a positive change. Probably have minus the working out we are likely similar, down 62 since 04/01/20.

Took me 11 days to finish the first 7 days of p90x3, but I’m feeling good about the routine I’ve established and no burnout!

Pulled heavy tonight. Low block pulls. 605x2. Then managed 635x1. Did some safety bar box squats after that. Yay training.

Good Friday to everyone!
Squat 310X5X3 - Felt pretty good. Maybe a touch too deep.

Overhead press 120X5x3
Deadlift 385x5 - back to PR level from before quarantine a few weeks ago. Last one was heavy. Hook grip for all of them.

For the first time in a long time I feel like I may have a sustainable routine! 💪
I feel the same way...but...I wish this routine didn't involve shoveling snow multiple times per week :rolleyes:.

Good Friday to everyone!
Squat 310X5X3 - Felt pretty good. Maybe a touch too deep.

Overhead press 120X5x3
Deadlift 385x5 - back to PR level from before quarantine a few weeks ago. Last one was heavy. Hook grip for all of them.

Stance is a smidge wide and you could keep your chest up a little harder too.

Started week two of p90x3. Third day in a row and I tied or upped every rep from last week.

Good Monday morning folks!

Clean plate club for squats 315x5x3. Narrowed my stance a touch as @blugold suggested. Felt great. Also helps that it was a Monday haha.
Bench press 177.5x5x3.
Power clean 155x3x5. Middle sets were a little sloppy, not trusting the rack position enough. Last set was fast and strong, though.

I am 65 and my goal is at least 100 active minutes every day. So far this year I am averaging 181 active minutes per day.
Nice start to the year!

I ran (Ok, Jogged) my 2nd 5K indoors on Saturday.
Beat the previous weeks time by almost 2 minutes and my pace was better.
Not as good as this time in 2020 however with everything that went on in a years time, I'll take it.

I have avoided the gym since Covid. I walk/hike and hit golf balls in the heated bays at my home course. Here is a photo from one of my hikes:

View attachment 8994610
Get some exercise in and enjoy the views in the fresh air! Has to be a great stress reliever!

Get some exercise in and enjoy the views in the fresh air! Has to be a great stress reliever!

It is! The Japanese call a walk in the woods, "forest bathing", lol. I am very lucky that I have a state park so close to my home. And I rarely see any people on the hiking trails.

It is! The Japanese call a walk in the woods, "forest bathing", lol. I am very lucky that I have a state park so close to my home. And I rarely see any people on the hiking trails.
Forest bathing, never heard that before but I like it. Love to get away from technology, quiet my mind and listen to nature.

Forest bathing, never heard that before but I like it. Love to get away from technology, quiet my mind and listen to nature.

Yes, the sounds of Mother Nature are very soothing. I especially like the sounds of streams going over the rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back