Joaquin Niemann's look-a little too casual?

I’m more of a traditionalist, but if that’s what makes him comfortable on the course, go for it. If the PGA isn’t going to enforce a dress code, let them wear what they want.

Many more important things in life to worry about. 🙄

Basically a tee shirt not tucked in and joggers. PGA Tour or local muni?

View attachment 8994471

Nobody would wear those stupid pants to my local muni without getting their asses laughed off of it.

I don’t care if you put up a 65. I’m laughing at your

Donkey (to filter proof it)

compared to other sports, golf has an incredible amount of leeway for players.

Why do we have to make the game so casual at the tour level? Is it THAT insane to expect players to wear a collar with their shirt tucked in?

Executive courses, local munis, etc? I think it's great that people are playing golf. I'm happy with the idea that many playing there are either young and learning, or just getting into the game - giving them the freedom to wear what works for them is okay.

But getting beyond that? There is something about putting on golf attire that seems to maintain an elevated level of respect, especially for younger players. I do NOT want to lose that from this wonderful game. There is so much to be taught about how you carry yourself, how you present yourself, and how you can represent yourself in an elevated manner when put in the right place (golf course). I think lessons to learn for those moving into the working world there is invaluable.

At the Tour level? Where they can wear basically anything they want that aligns with the simple dress code in place? Nah, there is no need to loosen that.

Exactly. As far as golf dress code goes I don't get too bothered by it, although I am a stick in the mud who thinks that having a line SOMEWHERE doesn't equal being exclusive and elitist.

But as a player you should respect the dress code of the club hosting you. I think that's just basic decency.
I could show up to a THP Event at a nice course in jorts and a graphic tee while citing "grow the game!" But that would be rude IMO.
I cannot fathom what is "elitist" about wearing a collared shirt tucked in, at the professional level.

I cannot fathom what is "elitist" about wearing a collared shirt tucked in, at the professional level.

I was ready to have another response. I look like that at work, at home, on the course, or doing yard work. 😂

I was ready to have another response. I look like that at work, at home, on the course, or doing yard work. 😂
I am always amazed at the lack of understanding of the term 'decorum'! There are places that one should show a little respect. I saw Neimann on the broadcast and thought he looked rediculous andappears to lack a basic understanding of professionalism and even self respect!. Proper dress is one of the standards of professional life whether it be golf, business. or the military. If you feel so strongly about not conforming to the code go someplace else!

It would help if the pants were the right length. most of our muni courses require collared shirts,some even just to use the range.
They’re joggers, lol that’s the correct length
I love these new casual styles on the young guys. Unfortunately I’m way too old to pull it off. I do the slim cut shirts and shorts from Nike all the time though. It’s a nice clean look.
....and don’t be afraid to go with a little color, even with the shorts. The guys who look ridiculous out there are the ones still wearing baggy khacki pleated or cargo shorts and the oversized shirts.

Last edited:
I'm actually ok with the outfit, I'm not ok that other things aren't allowed and this is!

Shorts was the first thing I thought of before I saw the THP tweet! But the PGA Tour doing something illogical doesn't surprise me anymore!

The shirt is a swing and miss for me. The Addicross line just always seem to fit weird and not quite work.

I'm still a little unsure why joggers get so much hate.

The type of courses where proper attire is required, you should tuck.... if you’re an amateur.
As far as tour pros? They look ridiculous no matter what they’re wearing, so who cares? They are human billboards with corporate logos on both collars, their chest, back and hats. Even their pants have logos. Who dresses like that in business?
The more modern looks, like the joggers or the button down island themed shirts Rickie will wear are nowhere near as bad (or as dated) as the Loudmouth style gear Daly wears on tour along with a ton of guys “at the club”.
Fashion evolves, and the tour players are the runway models for golf apparel companies. Wear golf gear that’s in style, and age appropriate. You’ll look professional.

I don't care that he looks like he is playing at a local Muni. I also wouldn't care if the PGA or one of the courses told him he couldn't play if he didn't fix it.

I don't care if leagues enforce whatever their arbitrary dress code is. I think the NFL fining players is silly for things like shoes or socks. But I think it is even sillier that people throw a fit or that the players do it knowing that they aren't allowed to.

I will say one thing.... While I don't want them to be a thing on tour, I do think it's hilarious that these would get the nod of approval before shorts.

That is pretty laughable. Brooks is going to be rolling out in a tank top by August with the Nike slogan "suns out guns out" all over social.

I'd be curious as to why Tiger's blade collars were okay, yet others are out of line and show "lack of decorum" when they don't wear a collared shirt.

I don't care what anybody else wears, as long as it conforms to the course's dress code. A 70-something year old guy walked on our course today wearing a roller hockey jersey and baggy jeans that looked like he had crapped his pants. Our course has a dress code of no denim and collared shirts required (they also have rules that your shirt must be tucked in and your ball cap worn forward, but they don't enforce those). If you want to play in baggy jeans and a hockey jersey, go across town to the other course - they allow that. If you want to play at a course that has a certain dress code, either abide by it or GTFO.

I'm not in the "free for all" camp where people should be able to wear anything they feel like - but I'm not in the stuffy old camp that you have to wear slacks, "dress" golf shoes and a starched shirt, either. There's a happy medium between the extremes to allow some wiggle room without looking like you just crawled out of a trash dumpster or came from a rave party.

Nobody would wear those stupid pants to my local muni without getting their asses laughed off of it.

I don’t care if you put up a 65. I’m laughing at your

Donkey (to filter proof it)
I wore joggers to your local muni last year aka Deer Ridge and no one laughed me off of it.

I dont care overall what he is wearing but it would look cleaner if the tucked his shirt in. He looks sloppy...... that hat needs to go!!

I don't have a problem with that look... except the joggers. That's the type of stuff I wear when not at work. I'd like to be able to wear a tshirt to the golf course. And jeans.:eek:

I'd be curious as to why Tiger's blade collars were okay, yet others are out of line and show "lack of decorum" when they don't wear a collared shirt.
Trick question. They were not. THey suck.

I don't have a problem with that look... except the joggers. That's the type of stuff I wear when not at work. I'd like to be able to wear a tshirt to the golf course. And jeans.:eek:
I'm a jeans guy - if I'm not on a golf course and I'm not in shorts anywhere else but the golf course, I'm 100% in jeans. But with that said, I wouldn't wear them on a golf course even if I could. We occasionally play a couple courses that allow them, and I still won't wear them.

Truth be told, I dress nicer for golf than I do for anything else. If I'm not on the golf course I'm in shorts/swim trunks, a t-shirt or tank top, and flip-flops for most of the year. In the colder months I'll go jeans, t-shirt and sneakers, but anything more than that and I feel completely overdressed unless I'm golfing.

I'd get fired if I wore that to work!

I'd get fired if I wore that to work!
Most places I'd get fired if I wore a mechanic's outfit to work too. Or an NBA or NFL uniform, or a farmer or oil rig worker's clothes.

I just don't get it. Payne Stewart wore Plus 4s when nobody else was wearing them. John Daly is famous for his Loudmouth outfits. Ian Poulter wears the ugliest pants he can possibly find. Rickie Fowler spent years walking around the course looking like a glow in the dark citrus fruit, and has shown up in Hawaiian shirts for a few tournaments. Tiger wore blade collars. Cameron Champ can't even find two shoes that match. Now all of a sudden people are losing their minds because this kid was in joggers and didn't have his shirt tucked in.

I'm 100% fine with it.

Back