Indoor Simulator Build with Skytrak/Gc2

Fantastic set up. 👊 Certainly envious as I would love to have onle like this someday.

What a great setup! Good idea with the screen tensioner.

What a great setup! Good idea with the screen tensioner.
Thanks, you ever think of getting a sim? Your season has got to be coming to an end soon.

Thanks, you ever think of getting a sim? Your season has got to be coming to an end soon.
I lust after one all the time... I’ve got plans for space in one of our barns - just have to find a machine when I’ve got the pennies saved!

That looks like a fantastic setup!

Given that winter is looking like it's likely to be pretty grim up here in terms of potential activities in the northeast with everything going on, I'm thinking of going this route. We've got high ceilings in some of our rooms, so I'd have room to swing.

Bought another stance mat today to place on right side of fiberbuilt mat to accommodate lefties so I don't have to turn the mat around to make it work for them. The hitting strip will be in the middle between the 2 stance mats. Will make everything so much easier for those that aren't right. ;)

I had built my own with carpet runner but was only 2x5 which just wasn't wide enough, the 3' should be fine. And will look more professional.

1599846609109.png

Getting the lefty stance side set up. Will have to make a few cuts to make it aesthetically more appealing. Both righties and those that aren't right will use middle hitting strip.
My stepdad hopefully will be done my new gc2 case asap. It will have a handle and and alignment aid off the front that will align with edge of hitting strip. That should aid it being able to move it easily and both handed people can play in the same game.
As of now I have righties play then lefties. I hope this will all make it easier in the future.
a2640800f277e0fd31fcb22ff9702d20.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

The prototype for a case that makes lh/rh play easier is coming along. Don't have the handle on top of it yet, and going to add 2 flip out pieces on the slide out part for easier alignment on the edge of the hitting strip. Should make playing with those that aren't "right", easier. :cool:

1607613796440.png

Reactions: JB
The new LH/RH case is finished for GC2 launch monitor. Will try out this week sometimes. Alignment sticks will line up with the outside edge of hitting strip, then the other handed person picks up by handle on inside/top and moves to the other side of hitting strip and lines up with outside edge of hitting strip. Hope this simplifies lh/rh play a bit. Hopefully.

1609865122363.png

1609865189917.png

1609865232349.png

1609865304550.png

1609865341627.png

Well finally have pretty much everything to get a hitting bay/movie screen set up in my livingroom. I had it set up hitting into a net previous as seen here. Cannot wait to get the screen set up! Only things being re-used are the fibrebuilt mat and the skytrak. Everything else should be new.
Here's some pictures of before.
23423f3e463a27445be1a6d240b492ed.jpg
c9f93e67ef9d16505d3a4e7eefb56f06.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

At first I didn’t realIze the scale of the image and the towel on the net gave me the weird optical illusion that this was very tiny lol. Very excited to see the screen in action. Is this something you will leave up or just set up a couple days a week?

The new LH/RH case is finished for GC2 launch monitor. Will try out this week sometimes. Alignment sticks will line up with the outside edge of hitting strip, then the other handed person picks up by handle on inside/top and moves to the other side of hitting strip and lines up with outside edge of hitting strip. Hope this simplifies lh/rh play a bit. Hopefully.

View attachment 8986637

View attachment 8986638

View attachment 8986639

View attachment 8986640

View attachment 8986642
Very well done! I need a case for my Skytrak, you just motivated me to make something now.

At first I didn’t realIze the scale of the image and the towel on the net gave me the weird optical illusion that this was very tiny lol. Very excited to see the screen in action. Is this something you will leave up or just set up a couple days a week?
That first image was the before picture. Its permanent now, and doubles as a 165" tv, I tighten the screen to get wrinkles out for tv, and loosen when I'm golfing. Was watching the world jrs in hockey last night with my 1 covid guest. Usually for these events I have a house full...

So hooked up a webcam and downloaded OBS and am now able to record, and stream rounds. Not sure why it only saves half the stream. It only saved to hole 10.
I haven't played a lot lately, so the swing is pretty bad. The good thing is I can now see how bad it is :D, and hopefully make adjustments. Really need to work on my balance on the follow through, or actually have a follow through. As well as I need to basically double the VLA on my drives.

This is a WEB Tour event on SGT tours. Riviera round 1 (I play the Pro tour as well)
Game- SGT pro
I had to turn the graphics down a bit to make it stream smoother. My computer needs to be upgraded, but it will do for now.

Last edited:
Set up looks fantastic old friend. What are the overall dimensions of the room? I’ve got a nice large heated garage that could use a change of scenery.

Set up looks fantastic old friend. What are the overall dimensions of the room? I’ve got a nice large heated garage that could use a change of scenery.
Hey bud hope all is well. It's about 20x18, the screen is 13x8, with a 11x7 image. I have a vaulted ceiling 20' high on left, 8' high on far right of the room. So not quite as wide as 20' to swing in, probably 14' width for swinging comfortably. So I cannot have really tall lefties over without moving my mat over a bit. My buddy who's 5'10 and doesn't swing right has enough room.
My buddy who just built a sim building in his back yard that was 14' x 20' with 10' ceilings vaulted. It is enough room.

My computer isn't really good enough for streaming, so recorded this round last night. It worked great, so now I can turn up the graphics and framerate a bit. So the graphics will be better in future rounds recorded. Played a little better this round, and had a few adventures near the end. lol

Last edited:
Hey bud hope all is well. It's about 20x18, the screen is 13x8, with a 11x7 image. I have a vaulted ceiling 20' high on left, 8' high on far right of the room. So not quite as wide as 20' to swing in, probably 14' width for swinging comfortably. So I cannot have really tall lefties over without moving my mat over a bit. My buddy who's 5'10 and doesn't swing right has enough room.
My buddy who just built a sim building in his back yard that was 14' x 20' with 10' ceilings vaulted. It is enough room.

Nice. I'd have to consider movement with the vehicles but the only vertical clearance issues I'd have is with the garage door rails. Would need to consider storage capability for the mats so they can be stowed when not playing. Net would be able to remain up at all the times. I went down this theoretically last year before the world lit on fire, but as I get back into the game it's something I'd like to consider installing in the near future.

So I don't think I can turn my graphics up more than this, I got it to max for my 1660. I turn down the brightness of the greens while on 8 green if you want to see the difference, think it looks better dimmer. It did stall 2-3 times between shots for a few seconds with a black screen while it was thinking, but those minor hiccups can be dealt with, for the good picture. First one that recorded on youtube in 1080. Best I can do until I get a RTX 3090, lol. may be awhile.

Last edited:
I was still waiting for my Skytrak to show up as it has been delayed again from Skytrak, so I took the plunge and cancelled my order and bought a GC2 instead. I should have this in about week's time. I guess I need to clean out my garage soon.:rolleyes:

I was still waiting for my Skytrak to show up as it has been delayed again from Skytrak, so I took the plunge and cancelled my order and bought a GC2 instead. I should have this in about week's time. I guess I need to clean out my garage soon.:rolleyes:

You’d eventually have upgraded anyways. Good call. You’ll love it.

Back