Project X HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Shafts Review

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
New for 2021 from Project X is the HZRDUS Smoke iM10 shaft line. Comprised of two different models and multiple weights and flexes in each one, the iM10 has an option for a lot of different golfers.

We wanted to dive in with this lineup a little deeper, so brought the shafts as well as Keenan from Project X into the THP Tech Studio to do some testing. As with our entire TESTED! series, you will see the swings and the data and then we break it down for you.

The video below kicks off with an intro to the shafts as we discuss the tech a little bit and then goes right into the swings and data. Give it a watch and let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

Discussed at the beginning of the video, contrary to what many believe, stiffness and strength as it relates to carbon fiber are not the same. Trade off’s exist in the creation when trying to design something light weight, but still stable. This is where HexTow carbon fiber comes into play. The HZRDUS Smoke iM10 shaft from Project X is one of the first of their offerings to feature this high modulus carbon fiber.

With two offerings, a mid spin and low spin (counterbalanced) model, which one do you think would benefit you more?

Continue reading...

Good work @Canadan! These are above my pay grade, but another great option in the Project X family.

I don't think they are above your pay grade DD.
I get a little quick swinging a stiff throughout shaft. I could do it, but wouldn't be the best fit. I love the stuff Project X is doing though. EvenFlow is just more my style.

I love this. Keenan killed it!

Yeah, I need to get my hands on one.

i was surprised at how much i enjoyed the 50 6.0 in epic max. it felt very stable but lively. it wasn't a weight class i would have picked for me, but i was seriously impressed. time will tell whether it was a one-day fluke, or has potential to stay in for the long-term.

These shafts felt great, even the TX that I was swinging at one point haha

These shafts felt great, even the TX that I was swinging at one point haha
I loved handing you that one and seeing your eyes bug out when you saw what it was :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Watched the video earlier on YouTube and liked what I saw and heard. Would love to try them and think the mid spin would likely be a better fit for me as I would assume it launches a little easier.

I’m expecting an iM10 to show up at my house today, so I’m pretty darn pumped. Everything I’ve learned about the product makes me excited.

So glad we got @+7 KPTT in the studio to take a few rips with iM10!!!

His move is..... powerful.
Im jealous of that move. Of course I'm like 20 years his senior though :ROFLMAO:

I loved handing you that one and seeing your eyes bug out when you saw what it was :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I thought for sure I was going to hurt myself :ROFLMAO:

Im jealous of that move. Of course I'm like 20 years his senior though :ROFLMAO:
When I watch him swing I feel like I am 20 years older than him, does that count?

I’m curious to know more about the profile of the mid spin and how it plays. If it is like the t800 I’ll pass but if it is similar to the red I’m definitely interested.

I’m curious to know more about the profile of the mid spin and how it plays. If it is like the t800 I’ll pass but if it is similar to the red I’m definitely interested.

Feels more stable to me than T800.

This was a lot of fun to watch. Great interview and tech overview. Keenan put on a clinic.

Excited to see if the iM10 works for me... the Mid 50 6.0 and 60 6.0 will be out on course in driver and 4wd this weekend hopefully

Wonder what he would do with the mid spin shaft? 3500 rpm?

This is the stock shaft in the Cally epic range. I tried the IM10 in 6.5 and it was a solid match with the Epic LS model. Not sure if the shaft was the low spin model or the mid model. Any idea's and which one is the cally stock offering?

Back