Also, I finally got swings on this one to do my Nippon Regio MB+ driver shaft review, albeit indoors on the GC2, but....

Wow.

Honestly, I want to see it on course, but the standard is what I’ve wanted this far out of cobra for a while now. Low spinner, and quick as heck for where my swing is right now. Got one to 162, averaged 158

CA7A5256-2A01-4BE2-961B-4AFD18204CD0.jpeg784F3DD2-4037-40C7-938E-C8AC1D5AC312.jpeg
got this today. I was suppose to get the radspeed but ended up with the xb. Should I just go for it or go back for the radspeed

Sometime soon I’m going to go and hit the XD. I need to see if the draw bias can help me.

The technology has gotten so good. I love the look. I am in the market for a driver this month amd cannot wait to hit these. The xb sounds to be my cup of tea.

Finally got to see the radspeed and XB driver in hand. I originally was thinking the XB would be the head I would choose but don’t think I could. It just looked too big to my eye especially beside the regular radspeed which has a very nice shape. Didn’t have time to hit either

I agree whole heartedly, however I looked at the glossy crown XB, you? I’m thinking maybe the matte blue (Peacoat) wouldn’t look as big. Thinking the gloss may accentuate the size. Thoughts?

I actually hit the RADSPEED 10.5* HZRDUS Blue 6.0 today at GG and spin was ideal on good strikes of course and decent on mishits and my ss is only 100-105. I was getting 2200-2500 on center strikes and anywhere from 2800-3200 on bad ones. All in all not really crazy low spin like I’ve been hearing. I have about a 2-3 AOA as well. FWIW.

Reactions: MH
XB or XD????

That is the question.

XD for me. But, I want the draw bias.
I am thinking 9* of that. I think that might knock a little bit more spin of my shot going 9* instead of 10.5*. I watched Matty on TXG hit some bombs with the XB this morning. He had beautiful ball flight for him off of it.

So, I was messing around with the photo table today...

DSC01737-L.jpg

DSC01738-L.jpg

DSC01741-L.jpg

DSC01742-L.jpg

DSC01745-L.jpg

DSC01746-L.jpg

DSC01752-L.jpg

XD for me. But, I want the draw bias.

I’ll be curious if you see the draw bias in it.
I hit it against the XB yesterday and neither wanted to draw back for me and my grip is as strong as they come (natural drawer of the ball).
I found the same Issue with the Xtreme last year. On certain days my normal push draw was more just a push.

I’ll be curious if you see the draw bias in it.
I hit it against the XB yesterday and neither wanted to draw back for me and my grip is as strong as they come (natural drawer of the ball).
I found the same Issue with the Xtreme last year. On certain days my normal push draw was more just a push.

That’s interesting. I’ll have to see how it works for me. I am not a natural drawer of the ball.

I agree whole heartedly, however I looked at the glossy crown XB, you? I’m thinking maybe the matte blue (Peacoat) wouldn’t look as big. Thinking the gloss may accentuate the size. Thoughts?

I actually hit the RADSPEED 10.5* HZRDUS Blue 6.0 today at GG and spin was ideal on good strikes of course and decent on mishits and my ss is only 100-105. I was getting 2200-2500 on center strikes and anywhere from 2800-3200 on bad ones. All in all not really crazy low spin like I’ve been hearing. I have about a 2-3 AOA as well. FWIW.
It was the black gloss head so it is possible the matte head would look a bit better to me? If I had the choice I would be going with the radspeed

I am really torn here Id like the regular head to come in gloss black. I'm just not a fan of the matte in this driver for some reason. I could get the turbulence colorway but the contrast with the black face throws me, same reason I dislike the sim lineup.
It doesn't look too bad in the photos above I suppose

I am really torn here Id like the regular head to come in gloss black. I'm just not a fan of the matte in this driver for some reason. I could get the turbulence colorway but the contrast with the black face throws me, same reason I dislike the sim lineup.
It doesn't look too bad in the photos above I suppose
I can say as good as it looks in my photos, it’s way better in hand!

I can say as good as it looks in my photos, it’s way better in hand!
In all honesty that's probably what I'm going to go with. Hopefully I like it more in person, I'm just not a fan of matte black crowns.

I'm amazed by the customer service with Cobra. They ran into an issue with my original order (Radpeed w/ Ventus Black 6X) as their inventory system wasn't updated and they were out of Ventus Black until April. I still wanted the Ventus Black but needed the driver in the meantime as I have an event coming up. They offered to send me either a stock shaft for free or an exotic shaft at a steep discount. I decided to try a Ventus Red 7X. When the shipment for Ventus Black comes in, they'll be sending me a 6X. On top of that they put this as a rush order and upgraded my shipping to next day. Awesome awesome customer service.
ae6f2b8c-04e8-4798-9091-81469cae7c0d.JPG 6754ec7c-504b-4f2a-a4e7-f6ddb39ddffb.JPG

I'm amazed by the customer service with Cobra. They ran into an issue with my original order (Radpeed w/ Ventus Black 6X) as their inventory system wasn't updated and they were out of Ventus Black until April. I still wanted the Ventus Black but needed the driver in the meantime as I have an event coming up. They offered to send me either a stock shaft for free or an exotic shaft at a steep discount. I decided to try a Ventus Red 7X. When the shipment for Ventus Black comes in, they'll be sending me a 6X. On top of that they put this as a rush order and upgraded my shipping to next day. Awesome awesome customer service.
View attachment 8994665 View attachment 8994667

Good to hear. Enjoy the shafts.

Xb similar to b21 low spin high launch I’m reading understanding that correct

First on course experience with this one yesterday....

1) The look of the third colorway is fantastic at address. So so so very good. Happy I went this way.

2) Sound is much improved, still not my absolute favorite, but it’s a good blend.

3) Kept it at 9.0 and 16g forward yesterday with the wind and there were nice flat bullets, likely going to either mess with the loft or the weights today, who knows which. It’s a low spinner for me though, which excites me a ton as I’ve struggled there with the last two releases.

4) Not crazy fade biased for me in the 9.0 head which is another relief. Played pretty darn neutral to me.

5) The counterbalanced RDX blue seems an excellent stock pairing, but, today I’m going to plug the Nippon back in and finally get to hit that combo on the course.

I spent most of my Sunday hitting the new drivers at PGA store. RadSpeed really surprised me. The Motore F1 is an awesome stock shaft for me and I found such a sweet spot striking the center of the face with it. Ball speed was good. Launch and spin were perfect

There was no adjustment or break-in period when hitting this. I hit roughly 15 drives with this and id say 13 would be fairway balls. 8 of them rolling out over 300 which is a good strike for me

First on course experience with this one yesterday....

1) The look of the third colorway is fantastic at address. So so so very good. Happy I went this way.

2) Sound is much improved, still not my absolute favorite, but it’s a good blend.

3) Kept it at 9.0 and 16g forward yesterday with the wind and there were nice flat bullets, likely going to either mess with the loft or the weights today, who knows which. It’s a low spinner for me though, which excites me a ton as I’ve struggled there with the last two releases.

4) Not crazy fade biased for me in the 9.0 head which is another relief. Played pretty darn neutral to me.

5) The counterbalanced RDX blue seems an excellent stock pairing, but, today I’m going to plug the Nippon back in and finally get to hit that combo on the course.

All of that sounds more promising than the SZ did for you.

Back