Srixon ZX Drivers, Fairway Woods, & Hybrids

Absolutely the most complete line yet from Srixon. No weaknesses imo, the only point some may make is lack of adjustability in the fairways, but honestly the way they’ve done it makes sense.
Ah good point, yeah the lack of adjustability in the fw is a bummer. Especially there, as we often ask our fws and hybrids to play multiple roles.

Ah good point, yeah the lack of adjustability in the fw is a bummer. Especially there, as we often ask our fws and hybrids to play multiple roles.
Yeah, it is, but it isn’t. I think it is in terms of looking at other options and saying “this one isn’t adjustable!”, but I also believe most golfers don’t actually use the adjustability all that much. Plus, it helps them keep their SKU’s down.

The fairway does enamor me with the tech in it. It’s got that bomber speed from everything I’ve seen.

The 5’s shape is really awesome. It reminds me of the TSi3 a bit. Not sure what elese you could want looking down at a driver.
You wouldn’t happen to have a picture of both side by side would you? The Tsi3 head shape is as close to perfect as you can get and I would have bet money the 5 was closer to a Tsi2 profile and the zx7 more similar to the Tsi3. I really want to see these heads

You wouldn’t happen to have a picture of both side by side would you? The Tsi3 head shape is as close to perfect as you can get and I would have bet money the 5 was closer to a Tsi2 profile and the zx7 more similar to the Tsi3. I really want to see these heads
I think the ZX5 will shock you in shape.

Reactions: MH
I’m sorry I don’t have a photo comparison, but it would be super close I’m guessing.

YES!!! I swear that I assumed the Srixon 5 was going to look like the old TS2 driver (stretched back and a little awkward looking)....not even close. Thats why I keep saying how surprised I was by it. The 7 model looks kinda, sorta like the new Epic speed to me.
Note: This is from a fairly quick look and not me comparing them side by side.

I’m sorry I don’t have a photo comparison, but it would be super close I’m guessing.

YES!!! I swear that I assumed the Srixon 5 was going to look like the old TS2 driver (stretched back and a little awkward looking)....not even close. Thats why I keep saying how surprised I was by it. The 7 model looks kinda, sorta like the new Epic speed to me.
Note: This is from a fairly quick look and not me comparing them side by side.
Yup, they absolutely destroyed the assumptions about the ZX5 shape based on old releases. It’s a tour preferred shape now for sure.

Finally got my ZX5 driver (with GD Tour ADHD) ZX fairway (With ADDI). I must say the ZX5 feel better than the ZX7, and I prefer the shape. Numbers on the sim were good, better than my G425 and 410. Ball speeds were faster off the face.

The big surprise was the ZX fw, I didn’t think anything would be hotter than my Sim Ti, but the ZX were consistently 5-8:yards longer carry and ball speeds were 3-4 mph faster. the only drawback is that it’s a fixed hosel, but fortunately for me I like the way it sets up.

The big surprise was the ZX fw, I didn’t think anything would be hotter than my Sim Ti, but the ZX were consistently 5-8:yards longer carry and ball speeds were 3-4 mph faster. the only drawback is that it’s a fixed hosel, but fortunately for me I like the way it sets up.
That's pretty cool. Exactly which ZX fw / shaft combo and which SIM Ti / shaft combo were you comparing?

looks like I waited too long to order a hybrid or utility .... Srixon is not taking any custom orders at this time.

Bad news for me but I guess thats gotta mean something good for Srixon!

I have the Srixon H65 16*, 19* and 22* hybrids. and usually have in my bag at least two of these lofts. I also carry the F65 15* 3-wood. I like the glossy black finish and clean tops of these clubs (no top-crown alignment graphics) and I really like the stock Made in Japan Miyazaki Kaula shafts.
Cleveland-Srixon produces good stuff !

Tomorrow Noelle from Srixon will be on Off Course talking about new gear and more. Its a pretty fascinating interview.

Tomorrow Noelle from Srixon will be on Off Course talking about new gear and more. Its a pretty fascinating interview.

This is exciting news... I'll be listening. :D

That's pretty cool. Exactly which ZX fw / shaft combo and which SIM Ti / shaft combo were you comparing?
ZX - Tour AD-DI 6x
Sim - Tensei CK White 70x

I was fit into these shafts, (the Ad-DI 7x has been my go to shaft in 3 wood, but the Tensei fit better for me in the SIM, in the ZX the Ad-DI 6x had slightly better numbers and feel for me than the 7x).

I had them both on the sim again today and the numbers still fell in favor of the ZX, and the crazy thing is I swing the Sim a 1-2 MPH fast, but ball speed numbners are better of of the ZX.

ZX - Tour AD-DI 6x
Sim - Tensei CK White 70x

I was fit into these shafts, (the Ad-DI 7x has been my go to shaft in 3 wood, but the Tensei fit better for me in the SIM, in the ZX the Ad-DI 6x had slightly better numbers and feel for me than the 7x).

I had them both on the sim again today and the numbers still fell in favor of the ZX, and the crazy thing is I swing the Sim a 1-2 MPH fast, but ball speed numbners are better of of the ZX.
The rebound frame is the real deal, and different than the trends which I love to see.

YES! Cannot wait!

The rebound frame is the real deal, and different than the trends which I love to see.
The rebound frame is the real deal, it is also in the Utilities, and the utilities are hot as well. I was getting similar numbers from 3 iron (20*) ZX utility as I was getting from my 20* Hybrid, which is really surprising.

The rebound frame is the real deal, it is also in the Utilities, and the utilities are hot as well. I was getting similar numbers from 3 iron (20*) ZX utility as I was getting from my 20* Hybrid, which is really surprising.

Actually makes a lot of sense. The difference being that I believe the Utilities do not have Bulge and Roll, so laterally will lose some forgiveness.

Got on the course with the ZX5 9.5 paired with Riptide 60 6.5 yesterday as well and hit it off every tee along with the Radspeed...

First swing of the day, first outdoor swing in 1.5 weeks, and this was pretty exciting to see:

3FD8CAB3-2BD5-4C6F-BB81-CC3FFD61171A.jpeg

Some thoughts....

1) The shape of this one is WAY more compact and traditional In hand than is being talked about. Bouncing from the Rad to this, this one has the smaller visual footprint at address and frankly....it’s a pretty perfect look.

2) Sound/feel is ok, it’s not going to turn many off, but it’s got a little metallic boisterousness mixed with the composite. It sounds hot, which is a bit cliche to say but it’s true in my case.

3) LAUNCHER. This combo I elevated super easy, the Riptide is ultra familiar for me so part may be me letting myself really go at it out of comfort, but it launched well and visually spin seems in a good range, but I need GC2 time to know for sure.

4) It’s fast. I believe ball speed wise it’s going to be in the hunt this year for fastest ball speed generator for me, just on this single Day I’m crazy impressed with Rebound Frame.

5) This one I expected to be pleasantly surprised, but it flat out three the gauntlet down yesterday.

Got on the course with the ZX5 9.5 paired with Riptide 60 6.5 yesterday as well and hit it off every tee along with the Radspeed...

First swing of the day, first outdoor swing in 1.5 weeks, and this was pretty exciting to see:

View attachment 8994750

Some thoughts....

1) The shape of this one is WAY more compact and traditional In hand than is being talked about. Bouncing from the Rad to this, this one has the smaller visual footprint at address and frankly....it’s a pretty perfect look.

2) Sound/feel is ok, it’s not going to turn many off, but it’s got a little metallic boisterousness mixed with the composite. It sounds hot, which is a bit cliche to say but it’s true in my case.

3) LAUNCHER. This combo I elevated super easy, the Riptide is ultra familiar for me so part may be me letting myself really go at it out of comfort, but it launched well and visually spin seems in a good range, but I need GC2 time to know for sure.

4) It’s fast. I believe ball speed wise it’s going to be in the hunt this year for fastest ball speed generator for me, just on this single Day I’m crazy impressed with Rebound Frame.

5) This one I expected to be pleasantly surprised, but it flat out three the gauntlet down yesterday.
Great feedback! I hit the zx 5 Sunday and its on my list of things to buy but getting the shaft down is key for me. I was noticing a higher launch than normal

spot on with the sound too! its a little loud but the more you hit it you get used to it.... Ball speed wise I did see some impressive numbers

Great feedback! I hit the zx 5 Sunday and its on my list of things to buy but getting the shaft down is key for me. I was noticing a higher launch than normal

spot on with the sound too! its a little loud but the more you hit it you get used to it.... Ball speed wise I did see some impressive numbers
The shape and size of the 5 aren’t getting enough talk imo, gone are the triangular shaped 5-series days, and the 5 is one of the best looking heads on the entire market now, it’s no wonder it’s getting the most play for them on Tour

The shape and size of the 5 aren’t getting enough talk imo, gone are the triangular shaped 5-series days, and the 5 is one of the best looking heads on the entire market now, it’s no wonder it’s getting the most play for them on Tour
Definitely a beautiful shape behind the ball!! What I think really needs mentioning is the ZX5 has an adjustable hosel this time instead of bonded like the 585. Its also nowhere near as upright and does not seem as draw biased as 585

Since I already sold my sim2, I planned on this going in the bag with and RDX Black

Definitely a beautiful shape behind the ball!! What I think really needs mentioning is the ZX5 has an adjustable hosel this time instead of bonded like the 585. Its also nowhere near as upright and does not seem as draw biased as 585

Since I already sold my sim2, I planned on this going in the bag with and RDX Black
Yeah, it’s nice they went back to that (the 565 was adjustable as well). Played extremely neutral for me, for sure.

Yeah, it’s nice they went back to that (the 565 was adjustable as well). Played extremely neutral for me, for sure.
I won't be mad if my whole bag turns in to Srixon this year. Irons we all know are amazing (love my zx7's), but woods have been an improvement the past 2 releases. I remember you and I constantly talking up the F85 ball speeds!!

zx5 driver, zx fairway are all im missing. Utility was ordered last week

View attachment 8994750

Some thoughts....

BOOM! That is The Spot 🚀

You nailed the observations. The shape is completely evolved from past generations, and truly is that classic round shape vs the triangular drawn back shape that is becoming more common for max MOI drivers. The shape holds its own side by side with just about anything. Definitely sounds hot yet GOOD (at least to me), fast off the face and positive. And definitely easy to launch PLUS the spin stayed in a really productive range.

It's a sleeper, at least until folks start paying attention 👀 !!

Right now I only have one Srixon fairway in the bag and its a 7W. 195 to a back pin today, ball stopped 7 feet from the pin and right on line where I was aiming. This fairway is so easy to launch and super easy to hit a draw with. I also like the weight of it, head feels heavy but not in a bad way. You can feel the head thru the swing. They got the shaft paring perfect with this head.

The ZX5 driver launches silly easy. It’s pretty wild given the look of it. I’m thoroughly impressed...but there are a LOT of drivers thoroughly impressing me right now 👀

If you haven't tried the Srixon fairways, you need to. Had the 7w in action today and it is just fun to hit. Launches on a nice penetrating flight but not super high for a 7W. It performed well in heavy winds today. You can tell when you hit it as there is a distinct sound but not annoyingly so.

Back