I am no authority on vehicular accidents, but it looks like he had to be going pretty fast for that car to end up like it did.

Totally agree. The optics are not good. It looks like he was blacked out. I just dont know that and I am hoping for the best..

Just because the injuries are not life threatening does not mean that authorities did not use the jaws of life to extricate him. Anytime somebody is trapped in a vehicle because the vehicle is crushed and doors cannot be opened, the authorities will use the jaws of life to cut open the metal and allow the person to be pulled out. For those who have not seen it, the jaw of life are essentially a big saw that cuts an opening through the crushed metal exterior of the car.

Got conflicting tweet that is gone... it said breaking LAPD did not use jaws. Was not arguing over the severity of life threatening is only for JOL.

Apologies - media frenzies are putting out a lot - i feel for bad news

also saying no jaws of life.... MEDIA Today is crap!
Let's be honest... The speculation has been nonstop since his interview this weekend.

I'm going to bite my tongue out of respect to what he's done for golf, because the optics suck and I think we all know they do deep down. I simply hope the picture gets painted in a totally different way so he can continue to move forward, not backward.

Saw a post where Tiger is apparently in surgery to address multiple leg injuries... someone else posted compound fracture... hopefully for him and family that's the extend of the injuries

Saying it's awful and wishing him well is one thing, mini stroke, blackout and excessive speed is another. When it comes out what actually happened, that's the time to discuss it.
And I disagree... If people want to discuss something like this story, this is actually the place to discuss it.

If you chose not to participate, then that is your prerogative... But to attempt to dictate how discussion should take place on an Internet forum is foolish.

Hope the best for Tiger, and a healthy an full recovery so he can spend time with his kids and family in the future. A golf comeback would be great for the game but his general health is the biggest priority now.

Got conflicting tweet that is gone... it said breaking LAPD did not use jaws. Was not arguing over the severity of life threatening is only for JOL.

I read an ESPN report just now that said that he may have been extricated through the windshield area and that a law enforcement source speculated that both legs were broken.

Saw a post where Tiger is apparently in surgery to address multiple leg injuries... someone else posted compound fracture... hopefully for him and family that's the extend of the injuries
This x100. People are saying a compound fracture is awful or terrible...

No. Brain damage is awful or terrible. A broken vertebrae. Broken neck. Etc. He easily could've died from this wreck.

7 weeks from The Masters... This is no good.

Let's be honest... The speculation has been nonstop since his interview this weekend.

I'm going to bite my tongue out of respect to what he's done for golf, because the optics suck and I think we all know they do deep down. I simply hope the picture gets painted in a totally different way so he can continue to move forward, not backward.
So well put.

And I disagree... If people want to discuss something like this story, this is actually the place to discuss it.

If you chose not to participate, then that is your prerogative... But to attempt to dictate how discussion should take place on an Internet forum is foolish.
Yea I mean....he’s only the most important figure, player, and icon not only in golf but arguably all of sports.

I just had to delete a post with personal insults. If you choose to go this route, take it somewhere else. There is literally no reason in world someone should head down a path of telling people what they are or are not allowed to post in regards to this. We just ask that people keep it civil, but this particular person has made it clear he did not care for this forum. So we will instead continue with those that do.

I like this. I’ll oblige

No. Brain damage is awful or terrible. A broken vertebrae. Broken neck. Etc. He easily could've died from this wreck.

People die from compound fractures... very easy to get a serious infection, get septic, and go downhill. Ask Alex Smith. I do t know if he’s got compound fractures but that can be a very serious injury.

It seems the media these days is all about ready, fire, aim. It's irresponsible. At the very least, confirm a story from multiple sources before going to "print".

I’m no expert, but I believe Alex Smith had some life-threatening complications from his compound fracture.

Hoping he has a full recovery. Whether he gets back to competitive golf is of no concern at this point.

I’m no expert, but I believe Alex Smith had some life-threatening complications from his compound fracture.

He got septic, almost certainly from the compound fracture. Bones shattering and poking through flesh is a disaster waiting to happen.Im just making the point - it can be a serious injury that lends itself to serious infections.

Officially no jaws of life were used to extricate. According to LA JB County FD. He wasn’t able to get out on his own and he was assisted

It seems the media these days is all about ready, fire, aim. It's irresponsible. At the very least, confirm a story from multiple sources before going to "print".

One of my fav phrases.. I use that all the time. .The media worries about being first more than being accurate..

when i hear stuff like this i instantly think of his kids. whether you like tiger or not (i'm not a big fan) he is a father. good luck tiger hope you make it through this.

One of my fav phrases.. I use that all the time. .The media worries about being first more than being accurate..

I agree, but what's the point if the information is inaccurate? It just makes the reporting entity look stupid.

Be interesting how this plays out for Genesis, the car brand.
They are made by Hyundai and they typically have a few vehicles each year in the top 10 of the IIHS for safety ratings. I sold at a dealership for a little while a few years ago and we had a guy that got side swiped on the interstate and it rolled 4 1/2 times and was upside down. He was able to open the door and get out with just a few scratches. He’s only had it a couple months and came back and got the same car. That was a Hyundai Sonata.

I'm no expert either but do remember Smith having an infection in his leg. Tiger could've died instantly, shattered his skull, brain trauma, etc. I'm not saying a compound fracture isn't serious but it could've been a lot worse...

Yea I mean....he’s only the most important figure, player, and icon not only in golf but arguably all of sports.
This 💯 ...

Back