I agree, but what's the point if the information is inaccurate? It just makes the reporting entity look stupid.

They do it all the time. Clicks is all they care about.. Once they get the clicks they can figure out the rest of the story later.. Just get it posted so the clicks happen.. That is why they always say "developing"..

Without adding to the speculation, we can all see the distance covered and the lack of skid marks.

Officially no jaws of life were used to extricate. According to LA JB County FD. He wasn’t able to get out on his own and he was assisted
I agree, but what's the point if the information is inaccurate? It just makes the reporting entity look stupid.

All about those clicks. Fire now, apologize for the errors later. Every media source does it now it seems, and they’re all scummy for it.

All about those clicks. Fire now, apologize for the errors later. Every media source does it now it seems, and they’re all scummy for it.

LOL im not about to start a media is scummy debate. But 90% of the media is absolute trash. Im talking burning dumpster fire trash. Dishonest about so many things and spin various kinds of stories for their own narrative. Ill leave it at that. But if you cant tell......i very much so agree. 🤣🤣

they don't even apologize anymore. it's just the way it is.

there's a right way to do it, and a wrong way. a story like this shows you whether the media outlet has compassion for the person, or concern for their bank account. it is possible to be relevant without being scum.

it is human nature to speculate. i don't think that's completely inappropriate, particularly when the person has a history. he is still a father, still a friend, still a son, still a fellow human being. and still very VERY loved by many.

This news is hitting me harder than I expected. I hope he’s fine and pray his family can find some comfort in the injuries not being life threatening. Hopefully they can tune out the trash reports who are looking for clicks.

Not going to speculate and frankly don't care what caused it. I just hope he makes a full recovery. Even if he never plays golf again, just for his family's sake. Sucks for his kids to see it plastered all over the news as it's difficult enough to deal with.

We'll know soon enough what happened. The press is digging hardcore. They will get the answers. They always do.

This news is hitting me harder than I expected. I hope he’s fine and pray his family can find some comfort in the injuries not being life threatening. Hopefully they can tune out the trash reports who are looking for clicks.
Same. I jujst talked with my wife about when Arnie passed away. I was shook. No crying. Just sadness. This......or any story like this about Tiger is hitting me pretty hard. Maybe its because of all hes went through in his life to get back to winning and winning the Masters. I cried that day. The day he embraceed his own son. Then how much it seems like he has changed....on a good path. then the setback of another back surgery. Man.....

LOL im not about to start a media is scummy debate. But 90% of the media is absolute trash. Im talking burning dumpster fire trash. Dishonest about so many things and spin various kinds of stories for their own narrative. Ill leave it at that. But if you cant tell......i very much so agree. 🤣🤣

Marshawn had it right all along.

there's a right way to do it, and a wrong way. a story like this shows you whether the media outlet has compassion for the person, or concern for their bank account. it is possible to be relevant without being scum.

it is human nature to speculate. i don't think that's completely inappropriate, particularly when the person has a history. he is still a father, still a friend, still a son, still a fellow human being. and still very VERY loved by many.

I feel like we can speculate. When you’re the news, speculating is kinda wrong. Give the truth, and the facts. I guess that’s an unheard of thing in today’s world. But man.. I don’t think I’d even give chats to the media. They’re just gonna spin it all anyway.

The LA County Sheriff's Department released a statement saying the jaws of life were used. Is that not a good enough source on which to base the reporting at the time?

Reactions: JB
TMZ reports....

"Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Woods was alert enough at the scene of the accident to ask first responders to have his manager pick up his stuff. We're told cops have not found anything illicit inside the vehicle. "

Hopefully he just fell asleep at the wheel without the help of medication.

Damn... I'm just glad no one was seriously injured.

I hate that all media is lumped together, because not all of us will head down that path. But trust me, I get it.

Thiswould be considered good reporting

He was supposed to be doing more celebrity lessons today drew Brees and Justin Herbert. He obviously didn’t show up....crazy

That man made golf what it is today. Love him or hate him, there's a good chance that the game, gear, and golf media wouldn't be nearly what it is now. The man is the GOAT in my eyes. This whole story has just shook me this afternoon. He came to fame right when I started playing. His success, his downward spiral, and then his unlikely rise back to winning The Masters.

I am thankful that it sounds like his injuries aren't immediately life threatening. If he doesn't compete ever again, that's fine. I am so thankful that his kids will still have him around to be their Father. Just get better Tiger. The golf world still needs you whether you're playing or not.

As a doctor who has worked in trauma centers good luck to Mr. Woods. I assume the care he is getting is first class.

addendum SI reports that he is at Harborview-UCLA which is a world class trauma center for sure.

Last edited:
Awful news, I hope Tiger is ok and the injuries aren't too serious.

I've been busy all morning and saw this about 10 minutes ago. It's hard to imagine that he was conscious with the distance he traveled and no skid marks but it's all speculation at this point. Hopefully Tiger can make a full recovery.

Jimmy Roberts just speculated that maybe an animal ran in front of his car. If so, you would think there would be skid marks.

1:19 PM PT -- TMZ has learned ... Tiger was staying at a hotel where a major network television show was being shot. Production sources tell TMZ, when the director arrived just before 7 AM, Tiger was driving his SUV very fast as he was leaving the property and almost hit the director's car. The director was shaken enough to tell production staff about it after he parked.

1:19 PM PT -- TMZ has learned ... Tiger was staying at a hotel where a major network television show was being shot. Production sources tell TMZ, when the director arrived just before 7 AM, Tiger was driving his SUV very fast as he was leaving the property and almost hit the director's car. The director was shaken enough to tell production staff about it after he parked.

TMZ... Celebrities version of a ambulance chaser..

Back