What’s New: 2020 Callaway Chrome Soft Hits Retail

No need for me to worry about another ball this year. Regular Chrome Soft performed great today. Was good off the driver even in the wind, approach shots where holding the greens well. Chips around the green where checking up great and it feels good off the putter.
I have a good supply of 2020 balls already so more than enough to start the season with.

Grabbed a sleeve of Chrome Softs on Sunday and hit them in the sim today... Can believe how far they go! and how good they feel! I was hitting bombs with my 7 iron - not close to @Canadan bombs - but bombs for me.

I may have to seriously consider them as my gamers this year even though I already have my boxes of PV1...

Seriously impressed.

Grabbed a sleeve of Chrome Softs on Sunday and hit them in the sim today... Can believe how far they go! and how good they feel! I was hitting bombs with my 7 iron - not close to @Canadan bombs - but bombs for me.

I may have to seriously consider them as my gamers this year even though I already have my boxes of PV1...

Seriously impressed.
Congrats man! Sounds like you may have found your gamer.

So I have seen two Social Media Posts about this ⬆ and they have been quite complementary of it, one being from TXG.
Really interested to read about it.
I haven't seen those, but one of the store guys here had mentioned it a couple times. Were there any details in those posts, or just 'it's coming' stuff?

Where can one purchase this? I didn’t think they were released yet?
I haven't seen those, but one of the store guys here had mentioned it a couple times. Were there any details in those posts, or just 'it's coming' stuff?
It's something that's coming....Looks like some "Teaser" sleeves have made their way out to people.

It's something that's coming....Looks like some "Teaser" sleeves have made their way out to people.
I am super interested in getting my hands on this one!

sounds like we may see a new callaway tour ball soon. i'm just hoping that means csx 2020 goes on sale! i freaking love this ball so much. launch, spin, distance, feel, and triple track! i'm on my last sleeve, and i'm debating whether to reload or maybe put the regular cs 20 in play, just to see if it behaves any differently for me. previous models of cs didn't hit my preferred launch window (too low), but i think with some swing changes maybe these would be good for me.

sounds like we may see a new callaway tour ball soon. i'm just hoping that means csx 2020 goes on sale! i freaking love this ball so much. launch, spin, distance, feel, and triple track! i'm on my last sleeve, and i'm debating whether to reload or maybe put the regular cs 20 in play, just to see if it behaves any differently for me. previous models of cs didn't hit my preferred launch window (too low), but i think with some swing changes maybe these would be good for me.
I think the new tour ball launching soon (Junish, I think) is the CSX LS, so I doubt the 2020 CSX will go on sale, especially since they ran the big sale back end of November to December for $39.99/dozen.

The GMA guys have notes on it but obviously can’t say much right now besides...soon lol

I think the new tour ball launching soon (Junish, I think) is the CSX LS, so I doubt the 2020 CSX will go on sale, especially since they ran the big sale back end of November to December for $39.99/dozen.

yeah, i think you're right. i don't think it's a replacement to csx, just a complement to their tour ball lineup. i love the csx so much, i just hate paying that much for golf balls. not a knock against callaway at all since most premium balls are in that range. just general b1tching by me haha

yeah, i think you're right. i don't think it's a replacement to csx, just a complement to their tour ball lineup. i love the csx so much, i just hate paying that much for golf balls. not a knock against callaway at all since most premium balls are in that range. just general b1tching by me haha
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of paying that much either, but like you said pretty much all premium balls are in that range. I stocked up back when they had their sale for this year. Also very interested in the CSX LS. I love the regular CSX, but it its anything like the left dash, we going to be in business!

the 2020 CSX continues to be a great ball for me. Not only is it helping me off the tee and I'm seeing an uptick with carry distance, but off the irons and wedges is where I rely on it. I need some stopping power given how I launch the ball from my irons. Descent angle isn't quite where it needs to be, and this ball covers up a lot for me on approach shots. Off the wedges I can get really aggressive knowing it will check up or pull back without hurting me.

Yesterday I had a greenside chip shot and i caught the ball a groove low. Internally I thought it would run out but it hit the spot i wanted and while it looked like the result would be a thinned wedge shot, the ball checked and rolled right into the hole. Admittedly I got a little lucky, but the golf ball definitely helped me.

Last edited:
I can now say I've seen it all, hitting a 5w on a par 5 and as soon as I made contact it sounded weird, I thought I had actually broke my club, but it was the ball that split in two!
IMG_1284.jpeg

I can now say I've seen it all, hitting a 5w on a par 5 and as soon as I made contact it sounded weird, I thought I had actually broke my club, but it was the ball that split in two!
View attachment 8999791
I had this happen with a ball I had used extensively for indoor club testing on GC Quad.

Seriously impressed.
Aren't they great? I was blown away the progress they made from 19 and 20!

View attachment 8999791

Guess we know that core was centered. Also, wow.

These aren’t even on their website yet!
It was mentioned in our LS article and thread that they would be coming. Supposed to hit shelves in early April.

My buddy used the new Chrome Soft LS today and was nuclear off the tee. Instantly improved his flight and distance. By the end of the round he was just showing off. Amazing what a perfectly fitting ball can do for some guys.

I'm not a fan haha.

Back