Nippon N.S. Pro Regio Formula MB+ Review

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Earlier this year we told you about Nippon Shaft expanding their graphite shaft lineup with the debut of the N.S. Pro Regio Formula MB+. Well, we have now had the new release in hand and have been able to put it through its paces.

Continue reading...

• Staff
I’ve had a lot of fun with this one on the course the last couple days after I completed the review. It really is amazing how “in line” the feel is to the 105 and 125 iron shafts, but they definitely similar feedback and flow.

Its also impressively stable, and the amount of T1100 is pretty wild as well.

Couldn’t agree more with this review James. The shaft not only looks great it feels great as well. Even with the T1100 running throughout the shaft it never felt like I had to overswing it, it was always smooth and responded well to any move I put on it. I also believe I had some of the highest ball speeds of the day with it in the RAD Speed head during the THP Showcase week. Nippon has a winner here

$500 is a bit steep, but given the quality of their iron offerings, I have no doubts about this one being a great performer.

I have this plugged into a driver right now for swings today. Yesterday it fared very well.

• Staff
$500 is a bit steep, but given the quality of their iron offerings, I have no doubts about this one being a great performer.
It is, but with T1100 from tip to grip, it kind of forces it to be in that realm, ya know?

Other issue of course, finding them to try.

It is, but with T1100 from tip to grip, it kind of forces it to be in that realm, ya know?

Other issue of course, finding them to try.
It's totally understandable and really not out of the ordinary, compared to stuff like Accra, Oban, GD, etc. People have shown they're willing to throw money into golf if the performance warrants it.

Time to dive into this one!

Regio has been a favorite of mine for years now.

my only experience with that line was the last time we were all in FL and I had it plugged into that M6. I really liked that combo that day.

Nice writeup James. If anything, this sounds like it was nothing but consistent. It held up with cruising speed, and then when you felt the need for speed. Is there anything you could roughly compare it to as far as how it felt? Even within the Nippon line? I know that's subjective and all.

A little tighter in the hands, a little softer in the tip, and softer in the midsection from the OG.

An interesting transition (albeit likely not an obvious one overall). Seems like they are absolutely focused on getting a certain performance window out of it.

Great review James. Back in my steel shaft playing days, Nippon was definitely my favorite. Have yet to try, or even see, their graphite shaft offerings and hope that changes some day.

Great Write Up James...

I’m going to throw one of these in a Epic Max 3W and see how it performs...

Ooh I want to hit this one for sure. Finding them could certainly be a challenge, but will have to see what I can do.

Great writeup James as always!

A little tighter in the hands, a little softer in the tip, and softer in the midsection from the OG.

An interesting transition (albeit likely not an obvious one overall). Seems like they are absolutely focused on getting a certain performance window out of it.
Yeah, they’re absolutely committed to each of the shafts (MB+, M+, B+) meshing with a specific iron shaft in their lineup, it’s a very different, albeit cool, take

Nice writeup James. If anything, this sounds like it was nothing but consistent. It held up with cruising speed, and then when you felt the need for speed. Is there anything you could roughly compare it to as far as how it felt? Even within the Nippon line? I know that's subjective and all.
Oddly enough, it reminded me a lot of the Miyazaki Blue, but with WAY tighter dispersion. I hold that comparison as a big compliment too.

Oddly enough, it reminded me a lot of the Miyazaki Blue, but with WAY tighter dispersion. I hold that comparison as a big compliment too.

That's a huge compliment, that shaft is legendary.

Now imagine that....with T1100 throughout.

Might explain the stability part. How did it handle off center hits?

Might explain the stability part. How did it handle off center hits?
Really well, no shudder issues at all, which it’s in a hell of a driver head too at the moment so that plays a role.

Really well, no shudder issues at all, which it’s in a hell of a driver head too at the moment so that plays a role.

Of course. We all know though that awkward full toe where the shudder just feels like trash in your hands. I know a shaft can’t fully fix that, but killing some of that is nice

Great write up @Jman ! I’m gonna have to bite the bullet and just find a way to try these out!

Great Write Up James...

I’m going to throw one of these in a Epic Max 3W and see how it performs...
I think a 7 would be fun in a 3w for sure

Great write-up James and fell in luv with the Modus lineup before my shoulder got other ideas. Impressive stats but boy $500 US$ for a shaft is something I can’t swallow, maybe on the 3rd hand market 😜.

Great write up @Jman!!

I love the stuff tip, stiff middle, with some give near the grip profile. I also love the Modus Pro's. Filing this one as a shaft to try.

Back