I think it may be time for me to give Mizuno a go.
Really want to order up a 921 Forged/Tour combo but the 6+ week wait makes it tough to spend the dough.
What about a a full set of forged?

On a snowed in whim of “oh wow I found a set of recoil 110 F5’s I forgot I’ve been stashing”, I installed them in the 5-P 921 Forged and just turned down the ferrules last night because im not a lunatic ;)

Taking them out today, abs pretty excited to have them back on the course.

On a snowed in whim of “oh wow I found a set of recoil 110 F5’s I forgot I’ve been stashing”, I installed them in the 5-P 921 Forged and just turned down the ferrules last night because im not a lunatic ;)

Sounds like a fun pairing. Can't wait for pictures and the recap!

I LOVE the sound of the 110's with he forged....would love to know how they worked out for you. The 921 Forged are the ones that have my highest ponder right now

I'm a tiny bit jealous of the details here... 921 Forged, Recoil 110 F5, real golf on a real golf course, yeah pretty much all of it. Even the turned ferrules. Have fun!

Two weeks until my set of 921 HM and 921

HM Pros arrive.

I'm a tiny bit jealous of the details here... 921 Forged, Recoil 110 F5, real golf on a real golf course, yeah pretty much all of it. Even the turned ferrules. Have fun!
They were a lot of fun to have back out yesterday, but I’ve got a lot of learning to do on distances as they’re just so damn long!

They were a lot of fun to have back out yesterday, but I’ve got a lot of learning to do on distances as they’re just so damn long!

And this is a bad thing, why? :unsure:

And this is a bad thing, why? :unsure:
Didn’t say it was bad, but it’s a relearning phase for me, and unexpected given the profile of the irons. For me, distance isn’t the focus most times with irons, but, it can be a nice bonus :ROFLMAO:

Calibrating... check, check one.

Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

I'm having this problem at the bottom end of my bag. My PW is 20 - 30 yards longer than my 50* wedge. I've found I am a club to a club and a half longer than my previous irons, which is great as you go up the bag but the bottom end is all thrown out now.

I'm having this problem at the bottom end of my bag. My PW is 20 - 30 yards longer than my 50* wedge. I've found I am a club to a club and a half longer than my previous irons, which is great as you go up the bag but the bottom end is all thrown out now.

I guess you can strengthen and lengthen your Gap Wedge if that is doable. Or better, buy a new Gapper

What's your club setup like at the bottom of the bag?

Can you use a PW from a previous set as a step into your lower clubs?

I wish my JPX921 Forged irons would show up, so that I could have your problem. ; )

Can you use a PW from a previous set as a step into your lower clubs?

I wish my JPX921 Forged irons would show up, so that I could have your problem. ; )
Hang in there, I was initially quoted around 20 days, I think it was closer to six weeks if not longer before they arrived.

These OEMs are going nuts trying to fulfill orders. Wow, the second quarter numbers are going to be astronomical at this rate

Hang in there, I was initially quoted around 20 days, I think it was closer to six weeks if not longer before they arrived.

Six weeks...I'm going to need more wine.

i-7p5RxJV-L.jpg

I decided to add the 921 Forged set GW to the bag. I got the notification the club is out for delivery which is right at 5 1/2 weeks after ordering

A little comparison pic of the 921forged to Callaway x-forged CB's. The 921 forged are a bit bigger but it’s not as noticeable as I was thinking it would be

Attachments

• F6D4214B-028C-4F35-902D-788806800091.jpeg
    F6D4214B-028C-4F35-902D-788806800091.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 014F2FEB-5FFB-4B35-955C-83E3CF7D5E38.jpeg
    014F2FEB-5FFB-4B35-955C-83E3CF7D5E38.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 7B4F7DD4-39B1-41E3-BFC6-DE3715D21255.jpeg
    7B4F7DD4-39B1-41E3-BFC6-DE3715D21255.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 51
921 Forged GW came in. Excited to get this one out on the course and test the versatility

95BD9E2A-D7CD-4648-84BE-C0F783A8F2B9.jpeg

15BD2FC7-1122-460A-BCA5-66586E8EBD79.jpeg

The 921 Forged and I are smitten.

The move the the Recoil 110 F5’s was a smart one for me in terms of durability (of me) as well as general familiarity and comfort.

I do think I’m going to toy with the lofts a little this weekend, maybe take them 1 weak, not for distance but for fit in terms of peak height. We shall see.

The feel at impact though is downright addicting.

The waiting is the hardest part....

that gap wedge looks so good 😍🔥😍

knowing I chip with that club a good bit and am one to keep irons for a long time (7-10 hrs) is it nuts to buy a backup later in the year of the wedge?

The waiting is the hardest part....

that gap wedge looks so good 😍🔥😍

knowing I chip with that club a good bit and am one to keep irons for a long time (7-10 hrs) is it nuts to buy a backup later in the year of the wedge?

The Forged and Hot Metal wedges all look good at address since the top line differences really are negligible. Since my set is split, was temped to just go HM/HMP all the way down to the GW, but decided on the 921F wedges to go along with the ES21's. Either way, the feel is just amazing throughout the set, whether it's Hot Metal or Forged.

Back