WLG1952

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
After almost a two year wait, I'm finally scheduled for cataracts.surgery starting on 02/23.
VA eye clinic was backed up for the first year, and then this covid thing hit which lost me another 11 months.

A couple weeks ago, the VA agreed to let a private eye doctor do the work. I picked the best, #1 rated eye surgeon in the Vegas Valley. That private ophthalmologist's office received the paper work yesterday.

I figure I will miss a good portion of March practice and play. It will be nice to see where the balls land after 80-90 yards....lol Lately I have been getting by with my Granddaughter as my spotter.

I'm now in hurry up, and wait mode.

After almost a two year wait, I'm finally scheduled for cataracts.surgery starting on 02/23.
VA eye clinic was backed up for the first year, and then this covid thing hit which lost me another 11 months.

A couple weeks ago, the VA agreed to let a private eye doctor do the work. I picked the best, #1 rated eye surgeon in the Vegas Valley. That private ophthalmologist's office received the paper work yesterday.

I figure I will miss a good portion of March practice and play. It will be nice to see where the balls land after 80-90 yards....lol Lately I have been getting by with my Granddaughter as my spotter.

I was born with congenital cataracts. I'm told it looks like a very small glitter bomb went off in my lenses. So I've never had good distance or tracking vision, and as I've aged, some larger cataracts have developed, but I'm told they are not ready for removal. My doctors say I won't believe the difference when I eventually have it done.

My grandmother had cataract surgery in the 1960s. Then, she basically had to immobilize her head with sandbags. had six weeks of recovery with one eye, then repeated it the next year for the other eye. The doctor told my mom that her post-surgery vision would be like looking through a very thin piece of wax paper. My grandmother also immigrated here from Europe, so she talked about the "Cadillac lens" in her eyeglasses.

All of this to say it's a much different world. Good luck and a speedy recovery. And keep taking your granddaughter to the course!

Good luck with your surgery and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I had cataract removed from my left eye two weeks ago and did the right eye yesterday. Took them about an hour for the paperwork and preparation. Actual operation took about five minutes both times. Effect is almost immediate. I had/have no pain, no problems and now have 20/20 for distance in both eyes. Still will need readers. I was told no golf or strenuous activity for only a week. If they knew how slow my swing is, they'd probably have said go ahead already. This clear vision is amazing.

I had cataract removed from my left eye two weeks ago and did the right eye yesterday. Took them about an hour for the paperwork and preparation. Actual operation took about five minutes both times. Effect is almost immediate. I had/have no pain, no problems and now have 20/20 for distance in both eyes. Still will need readers. I was told no golf or strenuous activity for only a week. If they knew how slow my swing is, they'd probably have said go ahead already. This clear vision is amazing.
Yeah, pretty much what is planned for me. I'm "looking" forward to it.

Seems likecit worked out so yiu got to go to a doctor of your choosing, hoping the procedure goes well and a speedy recovery for you!

Best of luck with your surgery.

Good luck to you. When my Mom got hers done, she raved about the results. She couldn't believe how well she could see again!

Good luck mate.

Good luck! Glad it sounds like everything is working out to get the procedure set up.

Good luck, my mother had hers done fairly recently and it has changed her life!

I remember spotting my grandmother's balls when we played together when I was a young kid; she had glaucoma, but never stopped loving the game. Good luck!

Best wishes on the surgery and your recovery !!

Had lens replacement surgery in both eyes about 6 months ago - even though no cataracts. Just got tired of buying glasses every year or two since turning 45 - even though the prescription was not changing very much, the rims get old or more drastically the lens would get scratched and not repairable. Time and expense are important sometimes.

I played golf the day after the surgery on the first eye, and two weeks later the day after surgery on the second eye. Vision is now 20/15 and is great for playing golf. Be aware that you have to get used to some changes - like the halos around some lights at night. The worst ones (not really a problem, but...) for me are the blue led lights on the appliances (stove, microwave, etc.). Man do they light up in a dim kitchen.

Not having to buy/wear glasses is definitely worth my issues.

Good luck to you.

I have to have my cataracts done. I've been given a reference by the optometrist. I've also been informed that if you just go for the distance lenses, Medicare will cover it. If you want multi-focal or anything else it will not. I hunt, fish, and golf. I figure the distance option is just fine for me. If I need a pair of Walgreens cheaters for reading, that's fine by me. Hope to have it done before golf season, but as cold as it is here now I think I have a little time.

Good luck and I hope you have a problem free recovery!

A coworker of mine had cataract surgery in both eyes. He opted for the fixed focal lens replacement. I think he regrets that decision because he said he still needs glasses and readers...

I know I've been told I've got a cataract in each of my eyes. I don't think I'd want the fixed focal lenses... I want to be as close to 20/20 as I can get. I haven't had that type of vision since I was 11.

Had them in both my eyes. The right was much worse than the left. Had my right done on Tuesday. I cant believe it. Instant change no contacts no glasses. I honestly cannot believe how good i can see out of my right eye as well as how crystal clear things are. I went for my my follow up today and my right eye is now 20/20. I went with the standard lens and not the multifocal. I dont mind reading glasses and from what i read with the standard you may get much befter distance vision with the standard. Getting my left done in a couple weeks. My left did not seem too bad until i got my right done. Cant wait to golf and see how this translates to the golf course. Two days in so far so good.

I got my left eye done yesterday. After and last night was a little blurred uncomfortable and not at all like the first. Woke up this morning and it was a night and day difference from yesterday. Everything i had read prior to my first surgery indicated it might take time for the eye to adjust and swelling to go down or whatever. Guessing my first was just an exception to the rule. Went for my day after follow up today and everything fine its already close to 20/20 and is still getting better and within a few days or so should be like the first eye at 20/20 and amazing. Im posting this because i didnt want someone who read my prior post to have the procedure not get an immediate great result and worry . Glad i got them done and cant wait to get outside on the course .

Congrats @Elmave and I hope your eyes come out 100%! That's awesome.

The thought of getting that done scares the bejeezus out of me.

Congrats @Elmave and I hope your eyes come out 100%! That's awesome.

The thought of getting that done scares the bejeezus out of me.
Thanks and believe me i understand . I was very very nervous before the first one. Whats amazing is once they give you the anesthesia your still conscious but dont feel or realize anything. I thought they were putting more eyedrops in my eyes next thing i knew they told me i was done. You will be fine and it really is amazing. Gotta be worth at least three strokes a side lol.

My boss just had his second eye completed yesterday morning and he said it was awesome. Very little discomfort and almost immediate improvement in his vision. He said he went from thinking his cabinets were offwhite to realize they are bright white.

Back