Something About You

I've been in 3 roll-overs and one head on collision and I wasn't driving in any of them. Hit by drunk driver in the head on. We were in a '67 truck, and I was sitting in the middle. No seatbelt in the middle seat, and none required. I was the only one that didn't have to stay overnight or longer in the hospital. Weird.

I was ranked 300th in the world on Official Poker Rankings in 2007 for awhile.

I was in a world #4 battlefield team on gamebattles.

I've been in 3 roll-overs and one head on collision and I wasn't driving in any of them. Hit by drunk driver in the head on. We were in a '67 truck, and I was sitting in the middle. No seatbelt in the middle seat, and none required. I was the only one that didn't have to stay overnight or longer in the hospital. Weird.

I was ranked 300th in the world on Official Poker Rankings in 2007 for awhile.

I was in a world #4 battlefield team on gamebattles.

What the hell is going on on those backroads in Saskatchewan?

This is one of those threads that keeps on giving.

Love what we're learning about each other.

I died when I was 5 years old and my heart started back up by itself before they put the paddles on me. The doctors gave me a 10% chance of living though the night, and here I am.

I earned my blackbelt in Hopkido at 10 years old and a year later was a 1st degree (one step above). At the time I was unofficially the youngest blackbelt in the US.

I'm a twin

I've owned two Corvette's (1987 red with tan top convertible and a 2000 Nassau Blue FRC that was 1 of only 189 ever made in that year/color/combination).

I went 7 months without taking a shower once. Bottled water and baby wipes for the win while engineers helped build our outpost.

This is one of those threads that keeps on giving.

Love what we're learning about each other.

Designed to offer some insight so when THPers get to head to a THP Experience, they have some background.
Nothing in the world like them.

I mark that I am a "Native American" on many government forms that ask for race/ethnicity, I think including the last Census form. My great-grandparents migrated to the US from Germany in the early 1890s, I was born in the US, my parents were born in the US, my grandparents were born in the US. How many generations does it take to be considered a "native"? I figure I qualify. :drinks:
Hey, Elizabeth Warren used the same logic to get a job teaching Native American studies.

Please keep politics off of the forum.

Thank you.

My understanding of being a Native American is that your ancestors were already here before Europeans were.
Native American is considered American Indians.

My wife and I dated for over 2 years in high school, broke up after prom senior year, went our separate ways, bumped into one another 10 years later at our high school reunion, and got married 15 months later. That reunion was the only one either one of us ever attended and I was only there because it was a good friends birthday and she guilted me into taking her to the reunion as she didn’t have a date. After 26 happy years of marriage I wonder how different(worse) my life would be if I had skipped that reunion.

Daphne Zuniga (Princess Vespa from Spaceballs) taught me the correct way to pronounce caprese after I said she should get the tomato caprese salad and I pronounced like the Chevy Caprice car.

What the hell is going on on those backroads in Saskatchewan?
No doubt. I hope I never go bald as I have a few 8" and longer scars under my hair. :D

I fought in the full contact karate world in my 20's.
I took up the drums in my mid 30's.
My band opened for Taj Mahal in my 40's.
Played Pebble Beach and survived colon cancer in my 50's.
Had both knees replaced in my 60's. (Left in October 2020 and Right 6 weeks later)

OK, I'll play
I've been a drag racer for 45 years. I've won numerous events over that time, including the Bakersfield March Meet. A little March Meet trivia is that I am the only person in the entire 71 year history to win in a VW...a 1965 Karmann Ghia. It is my "Holy Grail" in drag racing. The Ghia has also been a "Hot VWs" magazine cover car in 2017, and was featured in VW Trends magazine, and a French VW magazine, both in 2003.
I've been a bicycle racer, both road and off-road. Participated in "The Climb to Kaiser" a bicycle event that runs from the base of the Central Sierras at 300 feet elevation, up to Kaiser Pass at just under 10,000 feet, and back. 155 miles and 15,000 feet total elevation gain. The most difficult physical thing I'd ever done.
Currently a competitive barebow recurve archer. I'm a pretty fair shooter, but nationally, just middle of the pack. I haven't won anything aside from a local league tourny.
I was married to a good woman for 37 years. My best friend and soul-mate. Cancer took her over 7 years ago. Losing her was the most difficult thing imaginable.
I have two sons, 38 and 32 years old. The oldest now drives my Ghia at the races and we play golf together.

about me!? hmmmm....

I love learning and I would say i have a somewhat addictive personality. I like to know all the things that I dont know, might ask a lot of questions because the topic is interesting and want to know more about the things I dont.

I have no idea how government works, so I don't do politics. I am a numbers guy, data intrigues me, but so do things in the kitchen. I worked 9 years before professional career in a kitchen cooking, i know my way around, but not expert. Started smoking, because it was an extension of cooking. I like cooking shows, remodeling shows (have no abilities of any type with any tools, basically installation and assembly are the end).

I will be quiet and reserved until i get the vibes of a situation and then pretty outgoing and have no problem with small talk. usually care too much about people and will go out of my way to help if you needed a hand.

I got married on the radio on Leap Day in 2008. Randy Owens, lead singer from the band Alabama, was in the studio when we got married. he sang a song for us after we said our "I do's."

My grandparents came from Ireland in the early 1900's. I am considering dual citizenship, just for fun.

Hmm, Why not?

• 31 Years Old
  • Born in raised in the great state of Texas, but currently reside in Kansas City with my wife of about 18 months.
  • Enjoy playing video games, collecting sneakers, and sports cards in my free time

I'll offer up one. I'm the witness whose testimony convinced Apple, Microsoft, and Hewlett Packard to drop their lawsuits against each other claiming copyright infringement of the graphical user interface we now all enjoy.
Since several of you reacted to this, I thought you might enjoy hearing a summary of what happened.

I worked for Xerox at the time and obtained and set up working systems of the Xerox Star 1.0, PCs running Microsoft Windows 1.0, HP New Wave 1.0, and GEM. A Radio Shack TRS-80 Model I that ran their version of CP/M as the underlying OS. Finally, an Apple Lisa, the original with the Twiggy drives. Interestingly, the Xerox Star system was the hardest to find and setup. We could not find a set of the 1.0 operating system discs. We finally found the source code on an Alto development system gathering dust in the corner at a development facility in El Segundo. It had the source code for Star 1.0 that we used to create the binary discs.

The gist of the testimony was showing all of the ways most of these systems were incredibly alike. From the icons representing various office objects, to the system properties windows, the exact same way the mouse was used to open objects, select text, open property windows, stack windows and hundreds other things. Then I had documents and tapes of the various user interface studies done at Xerox PARC in the '70s with users who had never seen a graphical user interface or a mouse and all that work that went into determining what was most intuitive and a bunch of things that were discarded through those studies.

Finally, there was the GEM and TRS systems. They were just two examples that just because you had a graphical display and even a mouse that the different ways that you could conceive a user interface system were only limited by your imagination.

Remember, Apple, HP and Microsoft were all contending that they invented all of this. It was obvious to everyone after we provided this in discovery that their claims were going nowhere. These companies had no answer. They had no body of research to show. Nothing to explain how their systems were identical to the Xerox Star that preceded them in literally thousands of ways.

Now, that doesn't mean Xerox was awarded intellectual rights to this technology either. This was one of many balls Xerox fumbled. But neither did Apple, HP, or Microsoft deserve to claim these as inventions and collect royalties from all the other companies using these inventions. Xerox neither patented nor copyrighted this work and the time to do so had long since elapsed. So it became a gift to the world.

Back