Bridgestone Bringing Irons?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
There’s a rumor that’s swirled a bit that Bridgestone might have a set of irons coming. Nothing as far as details besides forged and that fans of previous releases could be happy.

Definitely an interesting rumor, what do you all think?

There’s a rumor that’s swirled a bit that Bridgestone might have a set of irons coming. Nothing as far as details besides forged and that fans of previous releases could be happy.

Definitely an interesting rumor, what do you all think?

I think that's great news. B-Stone has had some serious fan successes with their previous sets. J40 DPCs (and the rest of the line) come to mind.

I was hitting my J40 DPCs yesterday. I am happy to hear it!!!!

Interesting for sure. Bridgestone has made some good irons in the past. I'd like to see what they are bringing to the market

Bring back the J15esque CB experience, and I am thrilled!

Such a gorgeous freaking set! Definitely one of the few sets I regret not buying.

Yes Please! Something like this will do!

1614191901710.png1614191997414.png

I always liked BStone irons... was somewhat sad when they went away. Would be nice to see them come back and actually do well, which I assume was part of the problem last time around.

Tough spot for Bridgestone, how to maintain focus on being ball company while polishing up their reputation elsewhere, Especially just having gone through the cycle of realizing they had to reclaim their fpocus on doing what they do best. Hopefully TourB has done quite well the last couple seasons and puts them in a position to expand their talents.

I am seriously Jonesing for aback up set, and am waffling.....I have not jumped yet between 2 or 3 sets, so why not Bridgestone?

This is interesting they’ve had some great looking clubs, if forged would they be players of the players category vs some of their latest releases of SGI.

Current line up on Bridgestone's Japan site.: Open in Google Chrome and it will convert to English

1614192514067.png
1614192539652.png

Still gaming the XW-1 wedges and have been really impressed with them.
I could never dial in the JGR irons though and went back to my previous Ping i500s. Curious to see what the next iron is. Their clubs are always eye catching.

Within the USA market, for decades Bridgestone has never strongly committed to selling clubs. I just think it takes too much of a financial commitment, with too little of potential return, for it to make financial sense. This is what my friend who worked as a Bridgestone sales rep for more than 25 years has told me.

with Tour V's in there... I've heard about them :ROFLMAO:
Yessir! Still wasn't a sweet enough deal to entice you to visit Austin. They aren't going anywhere though, so the invite remains.

Meh, being honest it doesn't excite me that much but I hope they do as many liked their gear in the past

As @Canadan said, bring back something like the J15 CB. Those were lovely.

Maybe let's just rebadge the J40 with a new name. It can be literally the same wedge. Don't care.

Man I hope so. Their irons and wedges are always sooo good

Maybe let's just rebadge the J40 with a new name. It can be literally the same wedge. Don't care.

If they re-release the J40 wedges I'd most likely be in.

If they could bring back something similar to the J40DPC or J15CB I'd have a hard time not buying.

Doesn't move the needle much for me. I enjoy their balls but don't see me going for their irons.

J40 DCB is still one of my favorite irons of all time. JGRHF1 were rocket launchers. So yeah, let's see what they have coming.

If they re-release the J40 wedges I'd most likely be in.

They could bring back the J15 right now and I would squeal.

Back