Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

Awesome, you bought a MAX LS. That tells me the triple diamond will probably be along shortly. Or, they’re waiting for me to pull the trigger before they drop it. Don’t know how long I can wait!

I’m guessing the TripD won’t have the sliding weight..? If that’s the case, I’m def happy to stick with the LS.

I’m guessing the TripD won’t have the sliding weight..? If that’s the case, I’m def happy to stick with the LS.
From what I’ve seen in terms of tour pics, it does not.

From what I’ve seen in terms of tour pics, it does not.
Yeah, I like the track because I like to ability to dial in the placement. Also like the option to go animal style on a shorter shaft build setup. I think my Epic TripD shined at like 44.75” with two weights.

4 consecutive rounds starting tomorrow w/ the LS. Gonna know a lot more really soon!

I want shot by shot analysis

Ha-Ha.....that would be something. Exhausting but something.

I mean if anyone could do it. With shot tracer. I would put my money on you.

I mean if anyone could do it. With shot tracer. I would put my money on you.

I have Shot Tracker on my phone & it’s frustrating as hell to get spot on. If I did that we might be pushing a 7 hr round & playing partners might never call me again.

Another simulator round in the books. It was a league night so I didn't keep track of any numbers but I did hit 7/7 fairways. Knowing my struggles recently with driver, this was a real feel good night for me. It seems like I'm getting my confidence back slowly. It especially helps knowing how forgiving the Speed is and can keep my mishits in play so I'm freeing my mind up a little bit. Really enjoying everything about this club so far!

Finally made the decisions and have Epic Speed 9 and Max LS 10.5 customs incoming. Not sure if anything can really knock out the TSi3 for me, but both setups have shown potential and will get plenty of opportunity. Starting to get excited about the season again!

Man, you LD ponder guys are crazy! Lol. I have zero desire to try to put a driver in play over the fairly long, stock, 45 3/4".

I have every desire to see how it works out for y'all though. Please don't make me change my mind. Please... :LOL:

My speed driver and 3w with the smoke black rdx is showing backordered until April due to shaft availability. I didn't get stellar results with the stock shafts in the speed or the LS so based on previous fitting results we went with the rdx. I would be lying if I haven't thought about cancelling and ordering an LS with the MMT 70 but the fade bias was really apparent when I went and hit them. I'm hoping the date improves since the 2nd half of my sim league started last weekend. I'm pretty excited to see how the combo performs.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Finally made the decisions and have Epic Speed 9 and Max LS 10.5 customs incoming. Not sure if anything can really knock out the TSi3 for me, but both setups have shown potential and will get plenty of opportunity. Starting to get excited about the season again!

i want to be like you when I grow up. The amount of gear you’ve had your hands on is impressive.

My speed driver and 3w with the smoke black rdx is showing backordered until April due to shaft availability. I didn't get stellar results with the stock shafts in the speed or the LS so based on previous fitting results we went with the rdx. I would be lying if I haven't thought about cancelling and ordering an LS with the MMT 70 but the fade bias was really apparent when I went and hit them. I'm hoping the date improves since the 2nd half of my sim league started last weekend. I'm pretty excited to see how the combo performs.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk
I heard April as well the other night when I went to get fitted... I went to PGA Superstore after hearing this cause they felt bad...turns out, the "Smoke Black" is the same shaft as the RDX... Fitter was super nice and asked the manager if they could give me the Smoke Black off the fitting cart, which is what I was fit into and they accommodated me. I was super pumped - so they simply cancelled the order I had made originally.

hearing my custom max may ship in the next week or two. mav max has been performing a little better, so i'm not in a huge rush. but, you know, new and shiny doesn't lend itself to much patience for me.

On course today.....2017 GBB EPIC 10.5 set to -1D vs LS 9* S/D......
Epic has UST ATTAS GOGO 5R
LS Tensei Blue AV 65R
I tried attas in LS and performance was underwhelming but stumbled across the Tensei setup

Short story about the round : LS was 5-10yds longer using same ball.....2019 prov1x

Epic is fun for me to hit EXCEPT into the wind!

LS is strong obviously but only issue is I can't draw it ......I can hit ANY window I desire.....high or low but only with a cut .....

I might change grip on tensei to slightly one less wrap to encourage harder release but until then, I'll keep cutting....

More to come

I got the Speed on the sim tonight and I was hitting some of the longest drives of the year. I may need to loft up one or two degrees to add a little spin and avoid a quacker from time to time. Pretty impressive and the iM10 pairing is good too.

Can’t wait to start seeing some of the custom heads start to arrive. Was told mine would be here mid-March

I got the Speed on the sim tonight and I was hitting some of the longest drives of the year. I may need to loft up one or two degrees to add a little spin and avoid a quacker from time to time. Pretty impressive and the iM10 pairing is good too.

Or get another shaft:unsure: or ball to get more spin?

More loft can decrease ballspeed

Or get another shaft:unsure: or ball to get more spin?

More loft can decrease ballspeed
The shaft was pretty much perfect 95% of the time. I was using an old ball so my testing continues. I do need another degree up at least for launch and spin

The LS shows up today! And as it would happen, on the ole Bday.

Hoping for an email soon from Callaway that Speed and Max are on their way. At least the Trade was completed. I suspect when our winter ends, usually by March 15, they will have arrived.

The Max LS is such an interesting head. The face looks massive but the head is still pulled back a bit still so it’s pretty welcoming to hit.

Both the Speed and Max have that classic face depth which I’ve seen in Callaway drivers for a long time but that Max LS really caught my eye.

The Max LS is such an interesting head. The face looks massive but the head is still pulled back a bit still so it’s pretty welcoming to hit.

Both the Speed and Max have that classic face depth which I’ve seen in Callaway drivers for a long time but that Max LS really caught my eye.

Triple diamond-esque concept shaping....
Higher MOI with mid/lowish spin .....confident inspiring shape for my eye.....I'm surprised by the launch during my extremely limited exposure

Back