I’m curious if any pga pros are playing these...? Anyone happen to know. Just curious...

What do you use for a gap wedge with these, since they only start at 54?
I would track down a JDM only 50*, but I’m a Ho. :ROFLMAO:

Do we think there is little chatter on these wedges because of the price point?

I'm pretty tempted on these....

I think there is little chatter because it’s a Mizuno wedge and they don’t bring a ton, which is a shame. Combine that with half the golfing public believes it’s a larger soled game improvement style wedge and it’s a recipe for some golfers to stay away, which is a shame because they are incorrect.

I think there is little chatter because it’s a Mizuno wedge and they don’t bring a ton, which is a shame. Combine that with half the golfing public believes it’s a larger soled game improvement style wedge and it’s a recipe for some golfers to stay away, which is a shame because they are incorrect.
I suppose if the perception is game improvement, then the price point certainly doesn’t do them any favors.
In person these wedges look fantastic behind the ball. I don’t like black wedges, but the grey face on these frames the ball soooo nicely.

For me it’s purely because there’s no 50* stateside, otherwise I’d have bought all three lofts I want after hitting them in the Club Lab. They’re crazy impressive.

For me it’s purely because there’s no 50* stateside, otherwise I’d have bought all three lofts I want after hitting them in the Club Lab. They’re crazy impressive.
I bought 50• and 56• in Japan, and just ordered a 60• from the US...

I bought 50• and 56• in Japan, and just ordered a 60• from the US...
Haha! I won’t lie, I was close to doing the same, but I resisted. :ROFLMAO:

For me 100% totally. It’s my favorite looking wedge at address out right now but to swap out 3 wedges at $600 plus tax I just can’t do it.
Especially with other capable offerings like the CBX2/CBX Full Face at a more palatable price point. Also I play a 64* and the mizuno is not offered in a 64*.

For me 100% totally. It’s my favorite looking wedge at address out right now but to swap out 3 wedges at $600 plus tax I just can’t do it.
Especially with other capable offerings like the CBX2/CBX Full Face at a more palatable price point. Also I play a 64* and the mizuno is not offered in a 64*.

This is kinda my thinking as well.

I'm between these and Jaws wedges I think. But to unload an extra hundo on these is tough. Especially when I can't really test them in playing conditions. Hitting short wedges off a mat and into a net is mostly useless in my mind, as it relates to testing/deciding. Turf interaction, feel for chipping, pitching etc. is king with the wedges.

They are so purdy though....its tempting.

I was initially excited by the ES21 wedges and back in the early 00's, we'd be having a giant OEM demo day in March-April and hit them on grass.

But that is no more.:oops:

I play Mizuno MP T20 Wedges, which are very functional, have the wet tech, feel great, and come in raw and $149 with Nippon 125 wedge shaft. The ES21 are appealing and with demo day use, I'd probably grow accustomed to the high toe. They'd probably sell a lot of these if the giant demo days were still around - miss those events.

So....I assume I know the answer, but can these be bent still?

So....I assume I know the answer, but can these be bent still?
Yes, in fact that is how you hit some lofts

56 and 60 acquired. Looking forward to scuffing them up and not having a great wear pattern like @Canadan would. :ROFLMAO:

Going to take the 56 to 55 and 60 to 61.

56 and 60 acquired. Looking forward to scuffing them up and not having a great wear pattern like @Canadan would. :ROFLMAO:

Going to take the 56 to 55 and 60 to 61.
Will be very curious to read your thoughts.

I built a 56.10 out for fun. With Recoil 110’s to match my irons. We shall see how it goes!

I've been interested in these since before they dropped. I buy everything simply to even try but these worry me slightly bc of the price and how precise wedge game is. I use 12 bounce in Florida so worry a LITTLE if the wide sole is too wide & also I lay my 58 flat so much and play many flop shots (M grind Vokeys) was wondering so bad about how versatile I'd be with one of these as my lob, or if its more of a sand wedge only type bagger

btw the 921 gap is phenomenal

I tried the ES21 54 and 59, the lowest bounce regular sole ones. I couldn't get them to work for me. It was just too much bounce or whatever made my shots hard to get under the ball when chipping. I went back to my Callaway PM19 54 and 58.

Back