Review Arccos Caddie Link Review

$55 shipping to Canada is steep. $240 all in after taxes. It's not so bad if it includes a year's subscription, but that shipping is a bit of a dealbreaker

35EA63B0-156E-49CD-A284-856C126BBC5A.jpeg
They sure shipped fast! Ordered it Friday afternoon and arrived on my doorstep Sunday! Now if only the snow would leave.....

One quick question as I have about a good month and a half before I can use mine. Does the phone in your pocket have to be unlocked or can it be with the screen off? I will have the apple watch working in tandem with it.

Does anyone have more sensors they use? I see on the website I can order extras for $7 and I have a separate set of wedges I use depending on the course I'm playing. Seems to be worth just getting a couple extra so I can tinker.

Love my Caddie Link! But, (always a "But"), in the cooler weather, while wearing a windbreaker, I sometimes lose shots with the link on my belt. Does anyone have an alternative location that will still pick up the sensor, but keep the link "safe"? I've already lost the link on the course once and thanks to honest players it was found and returned to the pro-shop. I tried to clip it to the pocket on my windbreaker and I think that's when I lost it. I love the technology and it's definitely helping my game but I don't want to have to worry about the technology to the detriment of my play.

Love my Caddie Link! But, (always a "But"), in the cooler weather, while wearing a windbreaker, I sometimes lose shots with the link on my belt. Does anyone have an alternative location that will still pick up the sensor, but keep the link "safe"? I've already lost the link on the course once and thanks to honest players it was found and returned to the pro-shop. I tried to clip it to the pocket on my windbreaker and I think that's when I lost it. I love the technology and it's definitely helping my game but I don't want to have to worry about the technology to the detriment of my play.
What is the strength of the clip? Will it stay on the brim of your hat? Like a marker clip? :unsure:

I tried that, but it's a bit too "intrusive" to sit on the brim. But that's an idea to see if it may sit on the side. Thanks!
I guess I should have stated that in the post. I always wear it off to the side, if I wear one, just to keep it out of my peripheral vision. (y)

I tend to clip it to the bottom of my pocket, on the outside with the microphone pointed down to the ball. Even with jackets on, it hasn't missed more than a shot a round at most. It's been incredibly reliable for me

Anyone want to trade their sensors for these MCC+ grips with sensors? I'm not too fond of the MCC+ grips, they just don't fit my hands properly. These haven't been used at all & were only opened to feel the grips.

ARRCOS.jpg

I don't think it holds well enough to my pocket so i made this leather piece that will connect to the belt and hold it at the level of my lead pocket. I'm not sure if this will be obtrusive but i want to give it a shot when i play tomorrow as it will be in the 30s when we tee off.
20210306_225539.jpg20210306_225633.jpg

This setup did not miss a single shot on course today. It was in the upper 30s when we started and got up to the low 40s. I was bundled up well but this kept the link below the layer of the layers. It is a very snug / secure fit so no fear of it coming loose. 20210307_093553.jpg

Used the Arccos system for the first time yesterday. Can’t wait for it to warm up! Love the feature that calculates slope with temp and wind, it will be very helpful. It didn’t miss a shot for me with the phone in my front pocket. I have to apparently play a total of 36 holes before the watch will detect shots. I sent them an email to see if the system interstates into a Workout for my activity on Apple Watch or if it’s just too new (haven’t played enough holes) for that feature yet. I really liked that about golf shot.

I've been clipping mine to my left pocket, seems to work really good so far. Misses some shots and putts but I'm don't know how they could make a system that is 100%

The Arccos Caddie Link lives! Personal stat tracking has proven that amateur golfers can improve their game and lower their scores when they base their decisions on accurate data. Arccos has been an industry leader, perhaps the industry leader, for years and its system excels at leveraging data using an AI-powered “Caddie” and presenting everything in a user-friendly way to help you make the right choices on the course. But one of the biggest drawbacks to the entire Arccos system has been its limited, imperfect shot detection options – either keeping your phone in your front pocket while you play or using a specific third-party smartwatch. Both options had drawbacks and turned some golfers away.

Continue reading...

looks great. Will be trying this out soon with the MC Cobras!!!

Any better pricing for the Link? Great write up @Molten

Have had the Caddie Link out for several rounds this week and for two of them,it failed to register shots consistently. Never picked up driver and only a random wedge or iron approach shot here and there.

Not very confident of this device at this point. 3 of 4 rounds have had issues. First round out, it disconnected half way through and would not connect to phone again.

Have been enjoying the ability to play music on my walking rounds while using it,but not picking up shots is not exactly what I expect from it.

$179.99 for the link in Canada at the TXG store. I think this is the cheapest price here.

I've been on the fence about the Arccos system for quite some time. Yesterday I picked up a new set of sensors from a fellow THPer so I just read through this thread about the link.

I can see that it has some mixed reviews, but what I find really comical is how concerned people are with the price. While not everybody, most of us will walk into a golf store, pickup a brand new driver and hand over a credit card for a $500+ club, or $150 for a wedge, $200 for a bag, $50 for a dozen balls (you get the idea) and almost think nothing of it. Yet here we have a product that gets used on every single shot, and the main complaint is the cost at $130. Being Canadian it's going to require removing $200 from my wallet by the time I cover the taxes and shipping, but if I'm going to make the investment into the system I'm going all in. At work I never put my phone in my pocket, so I'm not going to start just for golf. But hey, to each their own.

Hopefully I am on the good experience side of the product; I can't imagine they've become as popular as they have selling an inferior product. Awesome review @Molten !

Didn't see any recent general Arccos threads so I thought I'd post here. If anyone is still on the lifetime subscription and you pair a certain number of Cobra Connect grips it will make you sign up for the subscription. I had been on the lifetime subscription and recently paired ~3 Cobra clubs without issue, but when I paired a full set of Cobra irons it made me do the subscription.

Back