Callaway Epic Speed and Epic Max Drivers and Fairway Woods

something rather max-y and custom-y is being packaged for shipment!

something rather max-y and custom-y is being packaged for shipment!

you too? With all the horribleness that has happened I was thinking it was going to be a huge delay, but if they get mine shipped out today I will be thrilled!

The LS shows up today! And as it would happen, on the ole Bday.
Heck of a Birthday present, congrats! I suppose the only thing that could make it better is if it was a present from someone.

I've really been struggling with the fixed hosel on the FWs. As a person who plays a bit flat it's tough. I fell in love with the 4W really early but have been struggling to pull the trigger after a lot of sessions with the stock offerings. Yesterday just kind of reinforced that I'll have to take a leap of faith to finally/actually order it and I'm not loving that. I ponder 1/2" short, not being able to test the actual setup is bugging me. The hit it a ton but never pull the trigger thing, and then finally doing it anyway, didn't work out so well for the X Forged CB for me. :unsure:

I've really been struggling with the fixed hosel on the FWs. As a person who plays a bit flat it's tough. I fell in love with the 4W really early but have been struggling to pull the trigger after a lot of sessions with the stock offerings. Yesterday just kind of reinforced that I'll have to take a leap of faith to finally/actually order it and I'm not loving that. I ponder 1/2" short, not being able to test the actual setup is bugging me. The hit it a ton but never pull the trigger thing, and then finally doing it anyway, didn't work out so well for the X Forged CB for me. :unsure:

Stock shaft?

On course today.....2017 GBB EPIC 10.5 set to -1D vs LS 9* S/D......
Epic has UST ATTAS GOGO 5R
LS Tensei Blue AV 65R
I tried attas in LS and performance was underwhelming but stumbled across the Tensei setup

Short story about the round : LS was 5-10yds longer using same ball.....2019 prov1x

Epic is fun for me to hit EXCEPT into the wind!

LS is strong obviously but only issue is I can't draw it ......I can hit ANY window I desire.....high or low but only with a cut .....

I might change grip on tensei to slightly one less wrap to encourage harder release but until then, I'll keep cutting....

More to come

Ok.......don't ever tell me again that size DOESN'T MATTER!

had my club guy put same grip on but remove all tape except one.....he said that the old grip had 2 plus xtra wrap on bottom hand.....fresh grip and one wrap on length of shaft.....flight slightly lower as expected but the ability to release the LS head! As if I needed more confidence with this setup ......but now I'm not restricted to powerless cuts......lol.....

More to come

Hoping for an email soon from Callaway that Speed and Max are on their way. At least the Trade was completed. I suspect when our winter ends, usually by March 15, they will have arrived.

Was that a custom order? If so, what are the specs?

The epic was a surprise weapon in my round today hitting all but one fairway. The one miss was in the first cut on the left. Definitely lower launching than I’m used to but results are solid.

The epic was a surprise weapon in my round today hitting all but one fairway. The one miss was in the first cut on the left. Definitely lower launching than I’m used to but results are solid.

Was spin ok? Did you see any distance gains with new accuracy?

Was spin ok? Did you see any distance gains with new accuracy?
Distance gains will have to be determined in months that aren’t February- cold, wet, freshly snow free so it was a crap shoot out there. But I saw the distance I would have expected from other drivers I play. I had Arccos running and saw 255, 239, 262, which are all in the range I hope to see if the swing is decent. Spin was fine and I didn’t see any balls balloon (too much) or fall out of the sky early (too little).

Was that a custom order? If so, what are the specs?

It was a Customs Paint Job on both ordered on 2/6/21 on a 3-4 weeks. My guess is that it will arrive within 10 days.
Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 3.27.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-26 at 3.25.58 PM.png

If you mentioned it, my apologies... Why did you choose the MMT shaft? This is pretty close to a stock setup, no (other than the grip)?
True. Tried a few shafts with the fitter, this ended up the best after being "tipped" 1/2"

My custom design came out so good!

095666358854b1842983ebda12356511.jpg

you too? With all the horribleness that has happened I was thinking it was going to be a huge delay, but if they get mine shipped out today I will be thrilled!

4 weeks from the day I ordered my custom epic max shipped! Original estimate was 3-4 weeks so with all the horrible weather and terrible things that is pretty impressive to me. Hope to have it for next weekends rounds and maybe even a range session before that.

Stock shaft?
There's one I would maybe go with. The Rogue White 130 70X and I get along alright historically, but no one even has it to test, much less others I'd want. I mean, what's the head weight difference with the 3W? Should I tip it? Cut it 1/2" short to flatten it out? Just pisses me off that you're stuck with what you get. Was really hoping for some adjustment and swapability in this cycle.

My custom design came out so good!

095666358854b1842983ebda12356511.jpg
Wait WHAT?!? hahaha I think I ordered mine the EXACT same way. Looks good!!

Edit: Nope. Two outer ones are silver instead of black. Phew :LOL:

Wait WHAT?!? hahaha I think I ordered mine the EXACT same way. Looks good!!

Edit: Nope. Two outer ones are silver instead of black. Phew :LOL:
Great minds!

Epic Max Customs
EPIC MAX CUSTOMS​
Qty: 1​
  • Club : Driver
  • Hand : Right
  • Loft : 9°
  • Sole Color : Black
  • Crown Color : Clean Crown
  • Medallion Color : Red
  • Medallion Color 2 : Red
  • Medallion Color 3 : Red
  • Medallion Color 4 : Red
  • Shaft Flex : Stiff
  • Length : Standard
  • Shaft Material : Graphite
  • Shaft Type : Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 Graphite
  • Grip : Golf Pride - CP2 Pro Red Cap (50g) (+$6.00)
  • Wraps : Standard
I got this one coming my way soon.

Back