Check out the video in the first post. @Canadan tested both and had interesting spin numbers.
I will definitely check it out. I loved the look at the new 1 and 4 review. Those numbers were exactly what one would expect to see. As an aside, it looks like @jdtox is going to be formidable in this year’s Morgan Cup.

Last edited:
@JB, thanks for referencing the video again. I thought I had watched it, but now I know I missed it. The numbers comparison are quite surprising to me, especially having the benefit of knowing @Canadan’s swing. Without seeing the video, there is no way that I would guess that the spin would be lower for him in The TSi2 than the 3. They are not that much different, but prior to seeing the numbers, I would have guessed that the 2 would have been 300-ish higher and that the ball speed with the 3 would have been a couple of mph higher.

I find it interesting and cool that your spin numbers stayed consistent. If that were the case, it would be a no brained for me. The TSi3 might just fit my swing, but it certainly feels plenty forgiving and I am defining forgiving as being able to repeat the same ball flight on a consistently high basis.

When I tested the 2 and 3 in the same loft, the three was only 150-200 lower in spin. I think grabbing the 8* head in the 2 put me in the launch/spin window I liked with the 3 with a touch more forgiveness baked in. I still love the TSi3. I was searching for a +4 weight in the TSi3, but found it was cheaper and easier to grab two -2 weights from Billybobs. Did this last night- no idea when I’ll be able to test... I feel spreading those weights out to the periphery will help forgiveness as well. Cameron Smith had his TSi3 set up like this at the Sony Open in January.
572275EC-58FE-4670-A147-A605B4661EEA.jpeg

When I tested the 2 and 3 in the same loft, the three was only 150-200 lower in spin. I think grabbing the 8* head in the 2 put me in the launch/spin window I liked with the 3 with a touch more forgiveness baked in. I still love the TSi3. I was searching for a +4 weight in the TSi3, but found it was cheaper and easier to grab two -2 weights from Billybobs. Did this last night- no idea when I’ll be able to test... I feel spreading those weights out to the periphery will help forgiveness as well. Cameron Smith had his TSi3 set up like this at the Sony Open in January.
View attachment 8993904
That is really cool.

Has a chance to hit the Tsi2 yesterday. 11* set to std loft and upright, with the Rogue 50R shaft. Numbers were about ideal other than the spin being a hair on the low side for me.
14-16* launch, 2000 spin, 130 ball and 217-219 carry, 239-241 total. Tried it against the Epic Max, G425 and Rad XB and XD. Posted the best numbers with the Tsi2. Surprised me as I’ve never really considered a Titleist driver before.
Will be on my list if I get fit this season.

Has a chance to hit the Tsi2 yesterday. 11* set to std loft and upright, with the Rogue 50R shaft. Numbers were about ideal other than the spin being a hair on the low side for me.
14-16* launch, 2000 spin, 130 ball and 217-219 carry, 239-241 total. Tried it against the Epic Max, G425 and Rad XB and XD. Posted the best numbers with the Tsi2. Surprised me as I’ve never really considered a Titleist driver before.
Will be on my list if I get fit this season.

They have made up a ton of ground over the last two generations in drivers. As good as anything out there now.

They have made up a ton of ground over the last two generations in drivers. As good as anything out there now.
Seems like it. The look is improved and the sound addicting. I think Mattie on TXG got it right when He said these are the best sounding of 2021

That TSi3 3w wood is phenomenal. Hit it for the first time today and got a flurry of straight missiles. Wow.

Had all day yesterday to test drivers and gotta say the TSi3 checks alot of boxes!! I originally went to try the Srixon ZX5 bc lots of reviews have showed how forgiving it is yet producing lower spin. PGA store did not have a ZX7 demo head yet and shaft options were limited so I asked for the TSi3

Its a huge step up from the TS3. To my eye it is probably the best shaped head behind the ball. It's not a matte finish so I wouldn't call it the best looking overall, but strictly shape wise its the best

Performance wise it just wanted to go on a flat line time after time. It never ballooned on me once and spin stayed below 2800 on every strike possible with my winter swing. I was able to test it with the HZRDUS RDX Black which is possibly the lowest launching/spinning combo ive ever tried. It doesnt feel stout at all but man it produces! I think that shaft with a 10* head instead of 9 would be the sweet spot

I also got to try the TSi3 with a GD Tour AD DI / IZ / XC. IZ was nice bc it brought launch up to 13 degrees and kept spin low. My 5 longest drives of the day were with that shaft. The XC had the best feel to me and consistent results

I am very very tempted to give this a try for the bag

I went for my first ever driver fitting last Sunday at the local 2nd Swing Golf. First it was a great experience with my fitter, Jim. He started out trying to tweak my gamer driver, the F9. We played with the loft setting somewhat and a couple of shafts to see what would happen. Then we compared it to a Speedzone Xtreme that I picked up in Dec on a whim. After trying a few combos there, he gave a few swing tips because I was struggling with falling back during my swing. Then I asked him about maybe trying a couple of different heads to see if there was any performance gains I could get with a different driver brand. I tried the Ping G425, Callaway Epic Flash, Sim2, and finally the TSi2.

After the first couple of swings, I could tell something was different. This was the last driver I tried so I was feeling tired at this point, but the club speed was up and the smash factor was hovering between 1.47 and 1.51 on just about every hit. The spin was around 2200-2300 on average and I was averaging around 10 more yards of carry.

I went back to my gamer for a few swings as well as a couple of others, then back to the TSi2, but the TSi2 just felt so good. The ball just seemed to fly off the face.

So now I have my first ever Titleist club coming my way. TSi2 with a Tensei AV Blue Raw in it. Now I just have to wait...

I went for my first ever driver fitting last Sunday at the local 2nd Swing Golf. First it was a great experience with my fitter, Jim. He started out trying to tweak my gamer driver, the F9. We played with the loft setting somewhat and a couple of shafts to see what would happen. Then we compared it to a Speedzone Xtreme that I picked up in Dec on a whim. After trying a few combos there, he gave a few swing tips because I was struggling with falling back during my swing. Then I asked him about maybe trying a couple of different heads to see if there was any performance gains I could get with a different driver brand. I tried the Ping G425, Callaway Epic Flash, Sim2, and finally the TSi2.

After the first couple of swings, I could tell something was different. This was the last driver I tried so I was feeling tired at this point, but the club speed was up and the smash factor was hovering between 1.47 and 1.51 on just about every hit. The spin was around 2200-2300 on average and I was averaging around 10 more yards of carry.

I went back to my gamer for a few swings as well as a couple of others, then back to the TSi2, but the TSi2 just felt so good. The ball just seemed to fly off the face.

So now I have my first ever Titleist club coming my way. TSi2 with a Tensei AV Blue Raw in it. Now I just have to wait...
Congrats!

I went to the range today on my lunch break. While there I grabbed the demo TSi2 they had and put in the Tensei AV Blue. I feel like I made a great decision on Sunday. I was launching absolute missles with it, even with the old worn out range balls. It just felt so good, and I really love the sound now that I have heard it outside. Can't wait for it to come in so I can put it into play.

I had the best day I have ever had with a driver on Monday. I played in an AM event as a team at the Cologuard. We played a shamble and I missed 2 FW. We used all but 2 of my drives on the others. . I am hoping that carries over to tomorrow in the Pro-am!

Hit the TSi2 fairway in 15 and 16.5. Found some really good ballspeeds, like within 4mph of my fastest driver ball speed that I can remember, and averages about 4mph behind too. All with lofts set at 15.75 and flat 🚀

Was curious about the tsi2 from all the rave here. I put the tsi3 against the tsi2. The 2 was actually straighter and longer. Had same ball speeds, higher launch and lower spin! ( tsi3 had a more fade ball flight so more spin) ended up leaving with a tsi2 with av white 65x. Get it on the course tomorrow!

Talk to me about TSi2 vs TSi3 fairways for those of you that have had time with both. I like both of them and like the shaping and movable weight in the TSi3. The idea of more forgiveness is interesting in the TSi2. Your experiences?

Talk to me about TSi2 vs TSi3 fairways for those of you that have had time with both. I like both of them and like the shaping and movable weight in the TSi3. The idea of more forgiveness is interesting in the TSi2. Your experiences?
I have and have been playing them both. 3 sits inexplicably more closed. Similar distance but with a slightly different flight for me. I actually prefer the higher (and straighter for me) flight of the 2. Little extra launch and spin hasn't held anything back at all really for me. It lets me do more of what I want. It's been a good combo with the AV Raw White 75. Haven't noticed a lot in terms of forgiveness other than the fact that when that closed face of the 3 has its effect at those ball speeds and distance the outcomes are damn unforgivng. Lol

I've tried moving the weight on the 3 and it's just not as good of a fit for me. Fine, but not great. I've lent it out though and others have mentioned that it seems harsh. A bit unforgiving and also it's got a firm feeling they don't seem to love when you don't button it.

Last edited:

I hit the tsi2 better in the 3wd. The 3 was getting squirly on me. They are both fast though

I have and have been playing them both. 3 sits inexplicably more closed. Similar distance but with a slightly different flight for me. I actually prefer the higher (and straighter for me) flight of the 2. Little extra launch and spin hasn't held anything back at all really for me. It lets me do more of what I want. It's been a good combo with the AV Raw White 75. Haven't noticed a lot in terms of forgiveness other than the fact that when that closed face of the 3 has its effect at those ball speeds and distance the outcomes are damn unforgivng. Lol

I've tried moving the weight on the 3 and it's just not as good of a fit for me. Fine, but not great. I've lent it out though and others have mentioned that it seems harsh. A bit unforgiving and also it's got a firm feeling they don't seem to love when you don't button it.

That is great feedback, thanks! The TSi3 feels like a cannon when you button it, and the TSi2 is not far off. I am not sure I had noticed the TSi3 sitting a touch more closed, but I believe you. The first day I hit fairways was TSi3 and I was amazed. Then I went back a few days later and hit a bunch of shafts and lofts with TSi2, and had one combo I liked best. TSi2 + AV White 75.

I'm pretty sure the TSi3 I hit was also with AV White Raw - that pairing seems to have it going on for me. Might have to lean TSi2 here.

what loft did you try the tsi3 in? I have the 16.5 and love it. I don’t notice a closed face at all.

I totally Get we probably set up differently and we could be looking at thing differently.

but I don’t notice a shut face here.

image.jpg

I'm playing out a 16.5 vs. 15 loft baseline in the bag, and TSi2 gave me pretty similar results in both heads. Interesting that the spec sheet just says 175cc for all lofts?

At identical 15.75 flat settings, they were darn near interchangeable.

what loft did you try the tsi3 in? I have the 16.5 and love it. I don’t notice a closed face at all.

I totally Get we probably set up differently and we could be looking at thing differently.

but I don’t notice a shut face here.

View attachment 8995442
I play the 15s. I could take a bunch of pictures. I have a ton already from initial, but when they rest, the 3 is a little more closed. I've gone over it with a fine toothed comb (protractor) with store guys and fitters and it's small, but there. I'm just really sensitive to it as a 'must avoid the big left' guy. They both sit a little closed to my eye, but that's individual. I've said in the thread that the tiny difference probably gets in my head. I play them 1 flat but really prefer the look if I knock some loft off too. Don't really want to do that. It's mostly me being picky. Probably even more than my usual crazy level because despite me loving how they look and their driver dad, I haven't been able to get quiet what I want out of them compared to some others.

I have the TSi2 in a 13.5 and the TSi3 in a 5 wood. I like the smaller size in the 5 wood, but preferred how the TSi2 sits next to the ball in the strong 3 wood. I have the Smoke Black in both.

I play the 15s. I could take a bunch of pictures. I have a ton already from initial, but when they rest, the 3 is a little more closed. I've gone over it with a fine toothed comb (protractor) with store guys and fitters and it's small, but there. I'm just really sensitive to it as a 'must avoid the big left' guy. They both sit a little closed to my eye, but that's individual. I've said in the thread that the tiny difference probably gets in my head. I play them 1 flat but really prefer the look if I knock some loft off too. Don't really want to do that. It's mostly me being picky. Probably even more than my usual crazy level because despite me loving how they look and their driver dad, I haven't been able to get quiet what I want out of them compared to some others.

nice. Like I said. We all see thinks differently. Play what works for you.. the driver is fantastic oh and there is this now too.

156663C7-002A-4C6C-B7AD-DBA9E41D34ED.jpeg

nice. Like I said. We all see thinks differently. Play what works for you.. the driver is fantastic oh and there is this now too.

View attachment 8995445
Did you get one!? I spent a little time with it and I started thinking of a friend that might need to look into it. Great iron player but delivers a little too much with his driver.

I'm going to order a TSi3 4 wood and turn it down, because this conversation just convinced me not to buy the Epic 4W. The fixed lie will obviously bug me. Lol

Sidenote - Just realized how much Smoke Black you're rocking, @Tenputt ! You absolute beast. 💪

Back