Did you get one!? I spent a little time with it and I started thinking of a friend that might need to look into it. Great iron player but delivers a little too much with his driver.

I'm going to order a TSi3 4 wood and turn it down, because this conversation just convinced me not to buy the Epic 4W. The fixed lie will obviously bug me. Lol
No, just hit it. It looks great! And It is a ball speed monster. But honestly it does not spin enough for me to be practical. I prefer the tsi3 driver.

love your 4 wood thought. That way I did. 16.5. Set it to B1 just because like you I struggle with the lefts so I wanted it slightly more fade bias.

No, just hit it. It looks great! And It is a ball speed monster. But honestly it does not spin enough for me to be practical. I prefer the tsi3 driver.

love your 4 wood thought. That way I did. 16.5. Set it to B1 just because like you I struggle with the lefts so I wanted it slightly more fade bias.
Yeah, it's not a good fit for me either. I've started to think of more people it might be though. I want to see someone go in that struggles with spin and contact a little, and see what happens when they move it around the face a bit.

Did you get one!? I spent a little time with it and I started thinking of a friend that might need to look into it. Great iron player but delivers a little too much with his driver.

I'm going to order a TSi3 4 wood and turn it down, because this conversation just convinced me not to buy the Epic 4W. The fixed lie will obviously bug me. Lol

Sidenote - Just realized how much Smoke Black you're rocking, @Tenputt ! You absolute beast. 💪
I am really not a beast. Not sure why they work so well for me, but they do.

I wonder if mine is a bit off in tolerances?
TSi3 left and TSi2 right. 2 being dead square and 3 being maybe .5 mm of onset actually.
20E586EF-2DFD-4339-A491-0791923B7BC7.jpeg6A5082A8-7C14-42DF-BD1A-97CF01FA95D0.jpeg

TSi3 left and TSi2 right. 2 being dead square and 3 being maybe .5 mm of onset actually.
View attachment 8995451View attachment 8995452

Hmmmm.... I will admit that I don't know what I am looking at here. It that a loft/lie type machine? What is the needle measuring? Genuinely curious how that is used.

Hmmmm.... I will admit that I don't know what I am looking at here. It that a loft/lie type machine? What is the needle measuring? Genuinely curious how that is used.
It is a device to measure face angle.

It is a device to measure face angle.
If you set the hosel to C1, does your device register an open face?

Thanks for posting this BTW. Very interesting.

I reached out to Titleist to see if I can get some Official specs. Sometimes things are seated differently and other times tolerances exist. Of course even other times, devices aren’t fantastic (ours included).

View attachment 8995451View attachment 8995452

I reached out to Titleist to see if I can get some Official specs. Sometimes things are seated differently and other times tolerances exist. Of course even other times, devices aren’t fantastic (ours included).

This is awesome! Thanks. I honestly wonder if it's my TSi3 3W then.

The onset thing is interesting. Makes it seem like you're looking at a lot of loft I think.

Edit: I'm gonna take mine in today and compare to a couple on the rack. I smell a potential trade in... wife isn't going to enjoy this part of the day though. Maybe she needs a new putter :unsure:

Last edited:
This is awesome! Thanks. I honestly wonder if it's my TSi3 3W then.

The onset thing is interesting. Makes it seem like you're looking at a lot of loft I think.

Edit: I'm gonna take mine in today and compare to a couple on the rack. I smell a potential trade in... wife isn't going to enjoy this part of the day though. Maybe she needs a new putter :unsure:
This is what caught my eye about the 3, not that it was closed, but that it seemed to have more loft than what its stated loft is.

Hey, @JB . What are general tolerances in the industry on something like how the hosel alignment and face angle are set? I'm here looking at mine next to each other, and if I put the faces at what I can get to be closest to same angle I can definitely see a little difference in the orientation of the dot on the hosels relative to it. It's kind of killing me I hadn't thought about that. I guess I assumed they were pretty tight. I've said probably 15 times I don't get why it sits differently and it might have been staring me in the face the whole time. It's really bugging me now. Well, bugging me in a different way. Lol

Wife just asked me wtf I'm doing, explained it, she pointed and said 'this one sits higher' (they're face down). 'Did you not know that?'. *disappointedinyouface. 😕

Last edited:
Hey, @JB . What are general tolerances in the industry on something like how the hosel alignment and face angle are set? I'm here looking at mine next to each other, and if I put the faces at what I can get to be closest to same angle I can definitely see a little difference in the orientation of the dot on the hosels relative to it. It's kind of killing me I hadn't thought about that. I guess I assumed they were pretty tight. I've said probably 15 times I don't get why it sits differently and it might have been staring me in the face the whole time. It's really bugging me now. Well, bugging me in a different way. Lol

Wife just asked me wtf I'm doing, explained it, she pointed and said 'this one sits higher' (their face down). 'Did you not know that?'. *disappointedinyouface. 😕

We all need mental help...lol

Wife just asked me wtf I'm doing, explained it, she pointed and said 'this one sits higher' (they're face down). 'Did you not know that?'. *disappointedinyouface. 😕
You would have to ask them, but I would guess on this a couple of mm

As a guy that actually NEEDS SPIN....my view of this driver...

haha you and me both. tsi2 was pretty darn low spin for me, i can't imagine how much worse tsi4 would be. but tsi2 was shockingly consistent, felt amazing, and was automatic.

haha you and me both. tsi2 was pretty darn low spin for me, i can't imagine how much worse tsi4 would be. but tsi2 was shockingly consistent, felt amazing, and was automatic.
Yeah, TSi2 is a fantastic driver. I really shouldn’t bother looking at anything else buuut....I can’t help but tinker. The TSi3 with a bit of extra loft is pretty incredible.

Justin Rose ditched the SIM

Interesting.. I would from personal experience say the tsi3 is more stable than the sim.

Interesting.. I would from personal experience say the tsi3 is more stable than the sim.

I got fit into the TSI2 at CC - was almost a dead heat numbers wise with the Radspeed - TSI2 was about 12FT higher in launch, spin rates about the same, ball speed about the same, carry on the monitor within a yard. Went with the TSI2 for 2 reasons - 1 I have never gamed a Titleist club of any kind, 2 it feels better middled than any driver I have ever hit. If you like the smushy feeling on good contact...this is the one. And spin wise this is absolutely low but playable spin - like 2200-2400 type numbers. I swing 95 so I don't want to be lower. Anyways, it's making me consider going with their fairways and hybrids as well. I've tended to go TEE with fairways and hybrids but the feel is addictive if it carries over....

Back