What do you normally do after a round of golf?

camden_kid

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
As a beginner, I can't imagine what it's like to play 3 to 4 (or 5) hours of golf. Personally, I think I would need a beer or two to take the edge off.

I'm curious, what do you do normally do after playing a round? Go for drinks with golf buddies? Have a meal with them? Go home and relax? Practise putts on the course? Go to a driving range to practise?

What is your routine?

I typically go home and do whatever the wife and daughter want to do. Usually by the time I get home (around noon), they are ready to do something with their day.

For me I have a very simple pleasure after golf. I hate wet feet so I wear waterproof shoes. They get kind of hot and stuffy by the end of the round. I am also not a fan of socks and shoes in general so my big unwind is taking my shoes and socks off and sliding my flip flops on. I just instantly feel more comfortable.

Home to shower is always the first thing. Then it just depends. Usually something with the wife and kids. Occasionally kick back on the couch and relax.

I like enjoying a tall Tito's and tonic with my buddies while checking the scorecard to see who owes who.

Go to the range and work on the shots I wasn‘t happy or struggled with.

At the home course with the fellas - drinks on the porch and possibly make bets on the people finishing their round overlooking 18.

After a morning round, I head home but in the afternoon, it's usually beers and maybe a sandwich at the club.

I never drink while playing but after the round I order two beers to save the barkeep from bringing me a second one one minute later!

..of course, covid was a big buzz kill for all of us who liked to hang at the 19th hole..

Last edited:
It all depends on how I feel, but sometimes I will practice chipping, putting, or possible hitting some balls on the range. If I am too tired then I will go home and do other stuff.

For me it’s usually getting home to spend time with the family.

If I play really badly I will go down to the range and work on some things. But normally I would just go home and eat lunch. Then with a full belly most times I take a nap. I love afternoon naps. They are my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two options....about 1/2 of my golf is solo or with strangers. Play and go home....1/2 is with friends and always gather after and share a drink and food and stories

We usually play early morning rounds,so afterwards we stop at a good BBQ joint and eat a lunch.Then I go home and shower and do anything the wife needs doing.

Cry. Then go again. :ROFLMAO:

I typically go home and do whatever the wife and daughter want to do. Usually by the time I get home (around noon), they are ready to do something with their day.

This. Happy I was able to get out and the rest of the day is typically with the family.

Go home and fall asleep in the recliner

At my home club after weekday rounds we normally finish around noon so we grab lunch and a drink on the outdoor patio. If it’s a weekend we tee off before 8 a.m. we are on the boat by noon.

5CD899C5-3413-48C9-AB5A-5CE7E25C3DC9.jpeg

Go home and kick my goldfish.

I usually have chores to do. If not, I'll work on a weakness during the round or if I took stats, will go over those.

I usually play early morning, especially in the summer, so after my round I just go about my day.

We all head straight home, where perhaps a beer awaits.

It just depends on who I was golfing with, and their age.

It could be the 19th for beverages, and food. It could be a stop for ice cream on the way home. Burgers and fries. Maybe I'm meeting someone for some reason.
Sometimes I might hit the practice area to work on a bug in my swing I picked up earlier. Sometimes I just go home, grab a beverage, and watch tv.

I have no set post round routine.

Back