I will right a wrong and go with the MMT 105TX. That way I can get a feel for the shaft. Who knows. If I really like it, maybe I would reorder my irons with those this time around.

MMT105X combined with whatever loft suits you... man, I loved that setup on the 4UT (you know, back in November... before winter.)

MMT105X combined with whatever loft suits you... man, I loved that setup on the 4UT (you know, back in November... before winter.)
I think I will go with the 21 degree. Should gap relatively well with my 4 iron.

I have the older version on the x Forged and it looks like I need to try out the update. I switch between the 18* and an Apex 19 hybrid from time to time. I love the UT when the ground is rock hard in AZ to get a ton of roll. The UT is the only club I can flight lower so it is a handy club in wind for me.

What's theeeeeeeesssss.....

1614727382567.png

I prefer the look of the retail over this proto.
Yeah, but if that's real, it looks hollow body tech'd and better blend with the Apex Pros..

Yeah, but if that's real, it looks hollow body tech'd and better blend with the Apex Pros..
The retail ut is also hollow bodied isn’t it? Looks too thick not to be. And feels that way also. Could be wrong though

The retail ut is also hollow bodied isn’t it?
Did they call that a hollow cavity or hollow body? I honestly can't remember. They lost me at spin robustness on some of their stuff around that time. :LOL:.

It seems holliw. I mean that ^ looks more like how they built the Pros than one meant to look and feel like a CB or the X Forged CB's, which have some different tech I think. ?

I don't know. I'm curious to see how the TCB fit in with all the hollow cavity/hollow body they have going on. They honestly look a little like the UT with the rounded edges and stuff.

Last edited:
Did they call that a hollow cavity or hollow body? I honestly can't remember. They lost me at spin robustness on some of their stuff around that time. :LOL:.

It seems holliw. I mean that ^ looks more like how they built the Pros than one meant to look and feel like a CB or the X Forged CB's, which have some different tech I think. ?

I don't know. I'm curious to see how the TCB fit in with all the hollow cavity/hollow body they have going on. They honestly look a little like the UT with the rounded edges and stuff.

Fine print confirms hollow on the retail version (y).

1614734203228.png

Pretty cool that another variant is out there.

Fun story about the UT. So over the weekend I said something nice about it after smoothing one, and took some grief for trading in my CB's 'over offset!'. Looked down on it, held it out, and said "I bet this UT has less offset than that whole set of CB's". A bet was offered, that I took, fully expecting to lose (I already had some of his money, why not). Turns out I was right! Less than all but the AW. Which I didn't own. :p. It's a good looking UT.

I can't decide if it goes better with the Pros or not. The middle line does, but the weight seems more out of place.

Yes. Not mincing words, but off that one picture, I'm not into it. Prefer the one I have TYVM :cool:

If they had the tungsten internal and kept the finish the same as the Apex Pro, I think it would flow better. But not replaceable then.

Open to the being proved wrong of course, it wouldn't be the first time a club looked better in hand!

Fun story about the UT. So over the weekend I said something nice about it after smoothing one, and took some grief for trading in my CB's 'over offset!'. Looked down on it, held it out, and said "I bet this UT has less offset than that whole set of CB's". A bet was offered, that I took, fully expecting to lose (I already had some of his money, why not). Turns out I was right! Less than all but the AW. Which I didn't own. :p. It's a good looking UT.

That anecdote made me go the the Callaway site for specs, and darned if you aren't correct. Plus, it IS a good looking UT.

While I was looking up specs, the 18* UT @ 2.29mm has the same offset as my MB 7i. That's wild.

1614737538908.png

1614737498600.png

That anecdote made me go the the Callaway site for specs, and darned if you aren't correct. Plus, it IS a good looking UT.

While I was looking up specs, the 18* UT @ 2.29mm has the same offset as my MB 7i. That's wild.

View attachment 8996157

View attachment 8996156
Right?! I thought was just being nice and throwing some money back his way. Never would have guessed how they compared. Take away some of that sole junk and apparently you have to start adding offset?

Right?! I thought was just being nice and throwing some money back his way. Never would have guessed how they compared. Take away some of that sole junk and apparently you have to start adding offset?

I was just reflecting to myself as I was posting, how many different flavors of "utility" there are now. You've got your GI & SGI long irons with lots of ballspeed and plenty of offset. Then you have Utilities such as this with far less offset, flirting with onset. Then you blend into players hybrids, GI hybrids, and fairway woods. Just so many different way to go 200 yards. Each ideal for someone.

PS - For good measure and no real reason, here are my 24* UT and MB 8i sporting identical offset.

B13511A3-6B73-48A6-8FE4-8F939985E6FF.jpeg

Got yo see them in the wild today when I picked up my irons from adjustment. Good thing they didn't have an 18°! Sharp

Got yo see them in the wild today when I picked up my irons from adjustment. Good thing they didn't have an 18°! Sharp
And the feel would blow you away. They’re pretty much utility iron perfection imo

Reactions: J4U
Took this out for the first time in a bit today, and thanks to the wife wanting to play a shorter course after I had already played (with a different UT), I got to hit it a LOT. It's just a great utility iron. Feels great out of the center, looks pretty good over the ball, easy to elevate, fits the right spin window for me, etc etc, and just really easy to hit. Handed it to the wife to try on one she couldn't use her driver on, and she absolutely mashed it, and fell in love. I didn't know if I was going to get it back. I don't think she's used to those kind of feels with her clubs. So now I have orders to build her a 24*.

Anyway, it was nice to play it again. It suits me really well and just performs like crazy. I'm still a fan. Think it's made all the cuts and hanging around for the year.

Last edited:
Took this out for the first time in a bit today, and thanks to the wife wanting to play a shorter course after I had already played (with a different UT), I got to hit it a LOT. It's just a great utility iron. Feels great out of the center, looks pretty good over the ball, easy to elevate, fits the right spin window for me, etc etc, and just really easy to hit. Handed it to the wife to try on one she couldn't use her driver on, and she absolutely mashed it, and fell in love. I didn't know if I was going to get it back. I don't think she's used to those kind of feels with her clubs. So now I have orders to build her a 24*.

Anyway, it was nice to play it again. It suits me really well and just performs like crazy. I'm still a fan. Think it's made all the cuts and hanging around for the year.
That's pretty awesome. My dad wanted one after one swing too.

the 24* with even flow blue 85s is easily one of the most fun golf purchases i've ever made... so much so that had to order a 21* just to see what i can do. also i want a whole bag of them.:sneaky::cool:

This is on my mind again. I’m hitting my ‘18 version well but seeing Flash Face in the driver and now the irons makes me ponder.

Any long term players of the ‘18 make the move to the ‘21? Anyone play the stock PX steel in the last version and now playing the PX U?

PX steel is my go to and is a safe bet though they made the U for a reason.

This is on my mind again. I’m hitting my ‘18 version well but seeing Flash Face in the driver and now the irons makes me ponder.

Any long term players of the ‘18 make the move to the ‘21? Anyone play the stock PX steel in the last version and now playing the PX U?

PX steel is my go to and is a safe bet though they made the U for a reason.
I played the 18 for a couple years. So far, the 21 seems to feel more solid. Less tingy if that makes sense. I love the 18 but thought it kind of felt like a hybrid. The 21 is definitely all iron feeling to me.

I played the 18 for a couple years. So far, the 21 seems to feel more solid. Less tingy if that makes sense. I love the 18 but thought it kind of felt like a hybrid. The 21 is definitely all iron feeling to me.

Do you feel there is much difference in the performance?

Back