The Grandaddy, Chrome Soft X LS and More with Jason Finley

Definitely going to test the chrome soft and chrome soft LS this spring. Can’t wait to see this team filled out and guys can get to work and take it it team Callaway this year.
That is what I plan to do as well. Super excited about the concept.

Love me some Finley. Interest is piqued to give the CS a shot this year.

I thought I was set on golf balls for the year....guess again. LS sounds intriguing.

”We all think we’re better than we really are.” I love that quote.

Listening to this piques my interest in the new ChromeSoft X LS even more.

This podcast is hilarious with the little back and forth:

Darth Finley: You shot one of the best scores and it wasn’t even under par.
@Canadan: Oh, it was. Believe me...

Darth Finley (referencing playing against THPers in the Grandaddy): It’s like shooting fish in a barrel.
@Canadan: sly chuckles (translated - “I’d like a piece of you.”)

I have never really thought about forgiveness in a soft ball and hearing a softer ball offers more forgiveness is something I haven’t heard before.

That belt gives off confidence boosting energy! THP needs it back!

I think Both sides are amped up for this adventure!

I have never really thought about forgiveness in a soft ball and hearing a softer ball offers more forgiveness is something I haven’t heard before.

I had the exact same thought.
If that's true, why is it never talked about?
I prefer the feel of a pretty hard ball, but never considered it might be less forgiving. :unsure:

I'm not sure I agree with his "Taco Take" or not. :unsure:

Finley mentioned being comfortable playing in events, that is one big advantage the Zoo Crew has. Most of them have been there and done it already. We will have a few people that have played in a THP Experience before which will help. First tee jitters are a thing!

Halfway through and enjoying the differentiation here with the new ball and even how the tour contributions are helping to drive refinements.

Finley will be an adjusted 7-8 at the Hideaway.... @MattyD-MPLS will be be laying.

Great podcast as usual! Looked up Gosser Ranch and it looks just beautiful! Need to do a Thread search for The Gauntlet, love reading about old THP experiences!
Darth being Darth is always fun to listen to!

Finley mentioned being comfortable playing in events, that is one big advantage the Zoo Crew has. Most of them have been there and done it already. We will have a few people that have played in a THP Experience before which will help. First tee jitters are a thing!
They really are. It is something you only get used to by experiencing it several times. I think it’s good for everybody who is seriously wanting to play their best golf to get in some amateur tournaments. It really helps one’s game.

What tees will we be playing at the Dye course, Dax?
More than likely it will be around 6646 yards...
Unless they go with the mixed tees that are 6340.

3F28D484-120E-4767-9981-BD0A5FA01F53.jpeg
Get it past the 12th & and you will be well on your way @MattyD-MPLS... I actually hit this green then 3 putted to lose the match.

Great episode! The X LS is sounding like a must try this year. I like the breakdown of why that is better for the majority of us internet golfers over the regular X which is needed by the tour guys.

606EA527-D60E-4EDB-B132-9D030CC1434C.jpeg
Based on @JasonFinleyCG ’s comments on this week’s Off Course, I guess we can print the shirts...

Have to say I was most excited about GD talk and it didn’t disappoint! The Darth definitely came out even if it was unintentional :LOL:

great episode as always @Canadan and thanks to @JasonFinleyCG for taking the time!

Back