Cleveland RTX ZipCore Tour Rack and Black Satin Wedges

I got another 18 in today, and I used the Tour Rack 60* Full / S-Grind for most of my short game. Like the other guys are saying, the spin with this wedge is really good, although for me it isn't such a big standout, since I've been using Cleveland wedges exclusively for years, and they are always really good, especially when new. My biggest positive for this particular wedge is its versatility. I hit a couple of really good flop shots with it today, one landing on a slope about 10' past the hole, and taking the slope back to within about 2'. No bunkers today, but lots of work around the greens, from all kinds of lies, and my results were probably a bit better than I would normally expect.

Still no rust showing, and I'm going to try my best to keep it that way. Here are a couple of pics of the Tour Rack, and my 60* Low RTX4. The RTX4 has half the bounce, at 6*, and the C-Grind works really well with the low bounce, but that combination is for pretty specific conditions, and limiting as to use. The Tour Rack, with 12* bounce, the S-Grind sole, and the rounded leading edge, is just so much more versatile.

TR_01.jpgTR_02.jpg

Could not agree more. I have never had a wedge that spins like the Tour Rack ZipCore. I feel like I can just land it a few yards from the pin knowing it is gonna spin and check hard. Has given me a brand new confidence from 70 and in.
I'm even hitting it from around 90 yards or so with a more full shot and feeling confident with it

Surprise round in an hour here in NE Ohio. 50 degrees today! Excited to get a full 18 holes in with my Mid 54* Tour Rack courtesy of THP. Will check back in later with results 🙌🏻

Surprise round in an hour here in NE Ohio. 50 degrees today! Excited to get a full 18 holes in with my Mid 54* Tour Rack courtesy of THP. Will check back in later with results 🙌🏻
Have fun out there man!

Best shot of the day below with the ZipCore from 35 yards. Had a couple others very close to going in. Overall was a tough day, found myself hitting a lot of shots heavy in the wetter conditions. Bladed a few green side (User error). Haven’t played in a couple weeks so not very surprising. Waiting for some rust on this baby as the season is coming to a close.

495BCC38-5CC5-425B-B9B7-2047ABD0D5B4.jpeg

Best shot of the day below with the ZipCore from 35 yards. Had a couple others very close to going in. Overall was a tough day, found myself hitting a lot of shots heavy in the wetter conditions. Bladed a few green side (User error). Haven’t played in a couple weeks so not very surprising. Waiting for some rust on this baby as the season is coming to a close.

View attachment 8976837
That's pretty good...

Continuing to spend way too much time on the Tour Rack order site.

Continuing to spend way too much time on the Tour Rack order site.
so many options. I wouldn't know where to begin. but neat to think about how each custom grind might be useful

so many options. I wouldn't know where to begin. but neat to think about how each custom grind might be useful
I went with the 54 Full with heel and toe relief. It relaxed my MD5 Jaws 54 really well. I’ve posted before, but these grooves have some serious bite and make the short game fun when you can attack pins knowing the ball will check up.

Finally saw a tour rack wedge in-person. Idk what grinds I’d pick but dang it I need them in my bag! 🤤

I went with the 54 Full with heel and toe relief. It relaxed my MD5 Jaws 54 really well. I’ve posted before, but these grooves have some serious bite and make the short game fun when you can attack pins knowing the ball will check up.
I’m thinking about the S -shaped in a 54/58 for a sand trap master weapon.

I did a Tour Rack thing today :)

50 & 54 both Mid, Heel-Toe, Standard leading edge. Complements the 58 Mid with the same grind I received for review :love:.

Reactions: JB
Eyeing the Tour Rack hard with the heel and toe to make essentially an M grind...need new grooves sooooooooo....

I'm pondering if the 54 Mid order should be changed to 54 Full. I'm not so much a high bounce guy, but with heel & toe grind it might actually work out pretty nice to have some extra cushion and still be able to open it up and keep the leading edge somewhat low. Flipside is, 54 Mid is mint for more of what I do with my most used wedge. The Full would be an experiment and nod to adverse conditions. Clearly I need to sort this and get my head straight... #grindponders

I'm still using my Tour Rack 60* Full / S-Grind, such a versatile wedge. I stuck a couple of nice full swing shots with it yesterday, and I rarely took full swings with my previous 60* wedges. This one will be in the bag until things dry up and get firm this summer, when I'll probably go back to my RTX4 60* low-bounce. As I've said before, I'm not a fan of rust, so I hit this thing with some polishing compound again today, and the finish looks incredible. :thumb:

I received my tour rack 50*, 54*, and 58* this week and I will hopefully be able to get on the sim Sunday afternoon. These are the first raw wedges I’ve owns and I’m not sure my brain will be able to handle looking at rust on an iron. I sure like the finish of them right now and wish they would stay like that

I received my tour rack 50*, 54*, and 58* this week and I will hopefully be able to get on the sim Sunday afternoon. These are the first raw wedges I’ve owns and I’m not sure my brain will be able to handle looking at rust on an iron. I sure like the finish of them right now and wish they would stay like that
I'm with you, to me rust = neglect, so I hit mine with a little polishing compound every once in a while and that new finish comes right back.

Reactions: MH
My tour racks have not rusted nearly as quickly as my RTX4s did. They have a nice patina to them.

My tour racks have not rusted nearly as quickly as my RTX4s did. They have a nice patina to them.
Oh, I’ll fix that when I get mine :ROFLMAO:

Back